+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 975: "The Burning Castle! The Fate of the Kozuki Clan!"

Default 975: "The Burning Castle! The Fate of the Kozuki Clan!"

The urge to make a "Will they survive?!" joke is strong.

Title: "The Burning Castle! The Fate of the Kozuki Clan!"
    Chapters Covered: rest of 972-973
    Episode Director: Katsumi Tokoro (****)
    Animation Director: Kazuya Hisada (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 975: "The Burning Castle! The Fate of the Kozuki Clan!"

One Piece Episode 976 Preview

Lot of filler about Toki in this episode
    Did Oda allow that?

Seems like next episode really will end with "At sea, you fight against pirates".

As much as more could have been shown in episode 975, I gotta admit that any episode that ends with this theme is pretty worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Seems like next episode really will end with "At sea, you fight against pirates".
    No it won't.

What makes you think that? We still have a chapter and a half before we get to that. There is no way at all that is happening.

Next episode is most likely going to end on them preparing to go out to sea in the present after giving that montage running down the events leading to the present.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    No it won't.

What makes you think that? We still have a chapter and a half before we get to that. There is no way at all that is happening.

Next episode is most likely going to end on them preparing to go out to sea in the present after giving that montage running down the events leading to the present.
    We got scenes from chapter 974 in the preview. The one where Orochi was telling Kaido about who Kanjuro is.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    We got scenes from chapter 974 in the preview. The one where Orochi was telling Kaido about who Kanjuro is.
    Yeah, but that occurs in the first half of 974. We still have to cover the latter half of 973 so we definitely won't make it to the end of 974. At best, we'll make it to them returning to the present with the 9 scabbards preparing to jump on the boat. At most, it may end on Kanjuro revealing his true allegiances, but even then, that's a big stretch, and probably isn't going to happen.

It will 100% not cover till the end of 974.

Yeah, but that occurs in the first half of 974. We still have to cover the latter half of 973 so we definitely won't make it to the end of 974. At best, we'll make it to them returning to the present with the 9 scabbards preparing to jump on the boat. At most, it may end on Kanjuro revealing his true allegiances, but even then, that's a big stretch, and probably isn't going to happen.

It will 100% not cover till the end of 974.
    Why would the preview show scenes with Orochi talking to Kaido about Kanjuro and then have the episode not do the reveal? I think the next episode could possibly end with the Kanjuro reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    Why would the preview show scenes with Orochi talking to Kaido about Kanjuro and then have the episode not do the reveal? I think the next episode could possibly end with the Kanjuro reveal.
    Simple. Because that's too many pages for the episode to cover.

I don't see it happening. In all likeliness, the end of chapter 974 is going to be the halfway point for episode 977.

Simple. Because that's too many pages for the episode to cover.

I don't see it happening. In all likeliness, the end of chapter 974 is going to be the halfway point for episode 977.
    If they don't drag out certain scenes, then I think they could possibly end the episode with the Kanjuro reveal.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Good episode. Gave me the feels.

The episode titles give away which parts of 974 will be covered next week and the week after

976: "Back to the Present Day! 20 Years Later!"
    977: "Pirates at Sea! Raid! Onward to Onigashima"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    If they don't drag out certain scenes, then I think they could possibly end the episode with the Kanjuro reveal.
    That's the very furthest I think the next episode will go. I think its entirely possible it will end before that though.

Toki's death was pretty clear in the manga, but glad the anime made it extra clear. Also was pretty moving, seeing the light in her eyes go out like that.

I dunno, I saw some people actually surprised that the anime showed Toki's dead body, apparently convinced that just because Oda didn't explicitly show it it meant that she'd time traveled again to survive somehow. Because that makes sense. I dunno with some fans sometimes.

Given the preview briefly shows a shot from his backstory the traitor reveal is probably the furthest the next episode will go. The staff list indicates it'll be another outsourced episode but the preview actually looked pretty polished so I guess either it's not fully outsourced or the chief animation directors gave much of it a face lift since Ichikawa's all over the montage.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Man, we’re getting an updated Dreamin On next week. This means we won’t be getting a new theme song for probably another 30 episodes. Sucks that this theme will last longer than the last, which was so so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I dunno, I saw some people actually surprised that the anime showed Toki's dead body, apparently convinced that just because Oda didn't explicitly show it it meant that she'd time traveled again to survive somehow. Because that makes sense. I dunno with some fans sometimes.

Given the preview briefly shows a shot from his backstory the traitor reveal is probably the furthest the next episode will go. The staff list indicates it'll be another outsourced episode but the preview actually looked pretty polished so I guess either it's not fully outsourced or the chief animation directors gave much of it a face lift since Ichikawa's all over the montage.
    Possibly. Acording to Skippy Nakashima twitted that he stroyboarded the part A of the episode but the staff list only credited Fukuzawa. The Kawamatsu part looks really loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouryoku View Post
    Possibly. Acording to Skippy Nakashima twitted that he stroyboarded the part A of the episode but the staff list only credited Fukuzawa. The Kawamatsu part looks really loose.
    He confirmed that Tasuku Shimaya is directing the episode as well
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information