+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 151

Thread: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

  1. #1

    Default Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    It's out!

    https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009218
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-p...96?action=read

    Comments, guesses and predictions:

    Spoiler:

    I've been expecting for this chapter for a long time!

    For those who want Usopp vs. Page One: Ulti is all but confirmed to fight Nami. Her defeat here signals that both her and Page One can still get up, but it will probably happen much later than expected. I feel both Nami and Usopp will get upgrades in preliminary fights before they are able to take on the dino bros.

    BTW, who's the Big Meme now?

    I feel it will be either Law's crew or a newcomer that will save Luffy: Moria or, far less likely but still possible, Capone. But we will probably not know how he's saved or by who until much later.

    Pure guess here, but I think Act 3 ends with Volume 100. So, either in 1,014 or (more likely, if the volume has 11 chapters) in 1,015.

    It's interesting that both with or without flashback Act 3 is near a natural progression of the Acts. With flashback, it's close to 60 chapters (58 if I'm right). Without it, it's close to 45 chapters (44 chapters if I'm right).

    I expect the Act 3 tragedy to be a sequence of unsurmountable challenges appearing.

    - Luffy being defeated
    - Each Straw Hat that is fighting gets a set back.
    - Marco is taken out by a dirty attack from Perospero
    - Neko attacks Perospero, but the Big Mom Pirates arrive
    - Some terrible revelation that ups the stakes


    Chapter break next week!
    Last edited by Shift; May 16th, 2021 at 09:35 AM.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013 - Anarchy in the B.M.

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Luffy who was being tossed around like a tennis ball from Kaido, Luffy who got the full power of ragnaraku, the same Luffy somehow got back up...

    Fuck Oda, fuck him for killing the entire tension of the arc. Just make Luffy the PK already, there is no point to see him fight others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Yes the tension in this manga is dead. Luffy just magically getting up when Kaido literally knock his ass off and then proceeding to stomp him because "Haki just gets ultra strong when someone is far stronger than you" basically killed whatever kind of actual threat can exist in this story.

    Good job Oda for making your series a Fairy Tail type of series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Point is whatever Kaido does Luffy will get back up because he’s the protagonist. Consistency be damned. No matter what Kaido does now, he finished. We can as well call Luffy the strongest in the world, Oda should just skip his fight with Blackbeard and the WG. Nobody can challenge him
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Nobody is a threat to Luffy now so nah. Kaido knocks him out ? No problem he'll get back up without any proper reason and transforms into hakiman level 3 because reasons. Then he easily smacks around the strongest creature in the world.

    As I said Oda should just end the series in the next couple of years. Nobody can compare to Luffy. Not even the unkillable monster that is Kaido.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Luffy doesn't deserve to beat Kaido in a one on one fight and since he will, Oda might as well rush to the end. Kaido is supposedly the highest level of strength this series can present us. Oda said that Luffy beating Kaido just because his punch is strong is something that will dissatisfy his readers. Yet he does exactly that. There is no point, after this fight Luffy will be the strongest in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    With Kaido, Luffy literally awakes from the dead, gets his Haki to be on par with Kaido, Roger and WB (lol) and proceeds to beat the shit out of Kaido in base without his gears involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Well Oda shouldn't have had Luffy getting unconscious in a single hit then. Not my fault, he makes Luffy a god because he doesn't know how to properly make Kaido lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Luffy gets knocked out and suddenly gets up stronger than ever to make Kaido a punching bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Oda won't use awakening because it will make Kaido look even worse being soloed by base Luffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Luffy just went toe-to-toe with Kaido and basically eclipsed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    What I dislike about this chapter the most is how Oda lied about this fight. He said that Kaido can't lose just because Luffy's punch is strong so he has to find a solution yet he's doing exactly that in this chapter. Luffy will win because his punch got to be strong enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Meanwhile Luffy wipes him off the map like nothing. The guy who brought terror to Doflamingo, the WSC is getting his shit pushed in by Luffy because of the strong punches Oda said won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Him not being true to his words is not my fault. Him literally reducing any tension this series can have to zero is not my fault.

    Fight is basically over.

    Oda will swift focus so he can end the other fights and by the time he comes back to Kaido and Luffy, it will be the ending of the arc where Luffy will beat Kaido cleanly because that's just how Oda writes this series now. Kaido will be beating Luffy ? No problem, G4 with Haoshoku will wreck hybrid's form shit in. Kaido shows awakening ? No problem, G5 will appear and obliterate Kaido.

    There is no turning back now. Oda already killed this fight with this horrific showing. Kaido is beaten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I'm not the one who said that Luffy beating Kaido by simply punching strongly enough is wrong. Oda did. So yes, it's not my fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    But you're just dreaming if you think he doesn't. He literally got this power up just for that. Luffy will beat Kaido in a 1on1 fight, he declared so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I literally said how this fight will go. Whatever answer Kaido has, Luffy will just get back at him. Oda simply made Luffy the strongest in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Why are you so confident Luffy won't beat Kaido in a 1v1 lol ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Oda himself said that Luffy beating Kaido by simply his punch being stronger is bollocks yet this is exactly what's happening here. Oda lied here plain and simple. All I see from how this fight turned out is that future fights won't even have a shred of tension because Luffy right now is beating the strongest guy around and because every time he's in a pinch, his abilities will blossom.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; May 16th, 2021 at 02:56 PM.


  3. #3
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013 - Anarchy in the B.M.

    OK, so after this break, everything is back to normal, schedule-wise, right?

  4. #4
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Author Comments 5/16/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/manga...ngs-05-16-2021

    Eiichiro Oda



    My current dream is to go to that Gyomu Super store and buy and eat the giant jelly.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  5. #5

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Tama got up from that vicious attack. Ulti most likely will as well. Zeus was either able to hide in the Climatact or his soul went in it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Iíll repeat what I said in regards to acts ending in the spoiler thread just before it got closed:

    Act 1 - Chapter 909-924 (16 chapters)
    Act 2 - Chapter 925-955 (31 chapters)
    Act 3 - Chapter 958-???? (56 chapters as of Chapter 1013; 42 if you donít count the 14 chapter-long flashback from Chapter 960-973)

    So going by that, itís possible Act 3 may end close to around 60 chapters.

  7. #7
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Tama got up from that vicious attack. Ulti most likely will as well. Zeus was either able to hide in the Climatact or his soul went in it.
    you still don't get it ? HIS soul is Big Mom's soul, he his essence could still be there but unless he has a new soulf to connect maybe Nami , he can not survive

  8. #8

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Tama got up from that vicious attack. Ulti most likely will as well. Zeus was either able to hide in the Climatact or his soul went in it.
    Yeah, because a slash to the face is equivalent to a 3-Homie beam that cuts through the stomach.

    Also, the translation implies Zeus already had lost most his soul at that point, since he was not responding. The scanlation implied Zeus was replying to Nami, but that was just Nami commenting.
    Last edited by King Cannon; May 16th, 2021 at 09:49 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Well uh, damn, that did not go at all the way I was expecting for Nami, Zeus, and Luffy.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    10/10 chapter. Finally Kaido showed who's boss. Tat last spread is one of the most goosebumping ones ever


  11. #11
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post


    My current dream is to go to that Gyomu Super store and buy and eat the giant jelly.
    Anyone got a picture of that Giant Jelly?



  12. #12

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    10/10 chapter. Finally Kaido showed who's boss. Tat last spread is one of the most goosebumping ones ever
    First time in awhile Luffy lost two rounds in a row since Crocodile I think, so all the more satisfying by the time Luffy kicks Kaido’s ass all the way in Round 3.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    First time in awhile Luffy lost two rounds in a row since Crocodile I think, so all the more satisfying by the time Luffy kicks Kaido’s ass all the way in Round 3.
    I feel Luffy won't beat Kaido in 1v1. This was my opinion to begin with. He surely will be the main trouble for Kaido and maybe make a final stand alone in the very last stretch of the fight, but I feel Luffy just won't be considered "Yonko" level yet, just like this chapter reminded us his crew still isn't on the level of a Yonko's officers.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    10/10 chapter. Finally Kaido showed who's boss. Tat last spread is one of the most goosebumping ones ever



  15. #15

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    First time in awhile Luffy lost two rounds in a row since Crocodile I think, so all the more satisfying by the time Luffy kicks Kaido’s ass all the way in Round 3.
    You can say he lost 2 rounds in a row with Kat .
    But this first time where he get KO 2 or 3 times depending on how want to look at it since croc .
    Which make sense since this follow Croc fight but on a much bigger scale .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

  16. #16

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    When Zeus comes back presumably by surviving in Nami's staff, I wonder if he'll be nerfed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    10/10 chapter. Finally Kaido showed who's boss. Tat last spread is one of the most goosebumping ones ever
    Lol...

  17. #17
    Ship's sommelier Xelloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    I'm not completely sure what the matter is with Kaido, especially considering his seemingly desperate comments at the end.
    Did he refuse to kill Luffy because, perhaps unconsciously, he wants him to have an opportunity to escape death and come back stronger? Is he desperate to find someone who can challenge him and defeat him?
    Or is he just REALLY upset that in the haste of the battle he didn't deal the death blow?
    Last edited by Xelloss; May 16th, 2021 at 10:47 AM.

    NOT EVEN CLOSE, SIR!

  18. #18
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    I'm gonna say lay off now, you made your point earlier and even that was a bit too much.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  19. #19

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I feel Luffy won't beat Kaido in 1v1. This was my opinion to begin with. He surely will be the main trouble for Kaido and maybe make a final stand alone in the very last stretch of the fight, but I feel Luffy just won't be considered "Yonko" level yet, just like this chapter reminded us his crew still isn't on the level of a Yonko's officers.
    I’m sure many others feel inclined to say he’ll pull it off one on one since Luffy is the leading protagonist who’s meant to bounce back and show why he’s the dependable captain meant to support everyone else when they’re in trouble, but yeah, maybe Luffy will need more help despite that after all, to the point that he won’t be one to land the final attack on Kaido all on his own.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by loner89 View Post
    you still don't get it ? HIS soul is Big Mom's soul, he his essence could still be there but unless he has a new soulf to connect maybe Nami , he can not survive
    Zeus can survive. Him and Hera are made out of BM's soul. She took his soul, yet as a cloud he's being digested by Hera while the Climatact is in Hera's mouth. Hera can possibly be making a mistake because she and Zeus are made from the same soul.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts