+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Quote Originally Posted by hideoushorrendous View Post
    Hopefully this is the last time a mangaka dies before finishing his/her masterpiece

Every mangaka must write the ending & crucial points in a notebook in case of sudden death

It can't end like this, No fantasy fan deserve this harsh punishment.
    In the case of One Piece, it absolutely would be finished. Toei and shueisha wouldn't leave all that money on the table. Among others, the anime staff know how it ends and no doubt way more than that.

But yeah, nobody's punished harder than Miura's family and friends. I'd be fine too with Oda taking longer breaks for his happiness and health. Doesn't the dude see his family like one day per week or something? No doubt it's an extremely stressful job, which is probably why he smokes (incidentally, smoking can cause the condition Miura died from). But he's a workaholic so...

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Isn't that what I said?

I disagree that anything involving Haki requires Haki depletion as a relevant weakness, exactly because Gear 4 is the only Haki sink technique we know of. Everyone else is completely fine with using Haki throughout a fight where running out of it has never been a concern. Luffy applying Haki to his Gear 2 and 3 techniques also never runs into this issue. I guess technically anyone can run out of Haki during a fight but for story purposes that will probably never happen, just like people will never stop fighting because their arms are getting sore.
    We don't know yet if advanced CoC usage is more taxing on Haki reserves, requires more concentration of the user or something else, and I maintain that I wish there to be a different weakness than Haki depletion again.

I mean, Luffy vs Katakuri had Luffy take a break to allow Katakuri's CoO to regen
    #Vergoshotfirst #Doflaisapunk

Default Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Quote Originally Posted by ea77 View Post
    I mean, Luffy vs Katakuri had Luffy take a break to allow Katakuri's CoO to regen
    Not really, Luffy had to take a break to regenerate his own Haki after using Gear 4. Katakuri‘s Haki never ran out, his issue was losing his grip and his calmness that were required for Observation Haki to properly work. After that it also never became a point again.

Spoiler:

There was this page

Spoiler:

Default Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Yes, but Luffy didn't take his break to allow Katakuri to regenerate his Haki. And as I've said before, people can run out of Haki but so far it's never been an issue for anyone other than Luffy and it most probably never will, just like fights aren't being majorly affected by people's arms getting sore from fighting.
    Also, Luffy might say that Katakuri's CoO is bound to weaken the longer the fight goes on, but it never came up again in their fight. Instead it turned into a battle of mutual respect and who could keep standing up, not who could better manage their Haki resources.
    Never mind that Oda has been demonstrably inconsistent with what Luffy says about Haki and what the story actually shows
    Last edited by Coookie; May 20th, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Yes, but Luffy didn't take his break to allow Katakuri to regenerate his Haki. And as I've said before, people can run out of Haki but so far it's never been an issue for anyone other than Luffy and it most probably never will, just like fights aren't being majorly affected by people's arms getting sore from fighting.
    Also, Luffy might say that Katakuri's CoO is bound to weaken the longer the fight goes on, but it never came up again in their fight. Instead it turned into a battle of mutual respect and who could keep standing up, not who could better manage their Haki resources.
    Never mind that Oda has been demonstrably inconsistent with what Luffy says about Haki and what the story actually shows
    Truth is Oda has luffy using Haki so much compare to everyone else when he in gear 4 .
    Like in the Kat fight he was fighting for good while just using Haki normal as soon as he hit gear 4 that was it .
    Even in the Kaido fight it seem he was using CoC haki for a good while .
    So i wondering what he going to do with Gear 4 and CoC haki and limit he going to place so luffy not to broken .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Luffy vs Kaidou this week felt like:

https://imgur.com/MyjRSWw

Do you guys think Oda will mention Miura in his comment. They are/were both veterans after all. Or a little cameo within the chap?
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Do you guys think Oda will mention Miura in his comment. They are/were both veterans after all. Or a little cameo within the chap?
    We might get something in the next issue, which releases on the 31st, definitely not in this one. But I'm sure that at least some author will acknowledge his death, or something more formal, like the chief editor mentioning something.
    SW-3170-8630-8341

Do you guys think it’s possible Kid might take his conqueror’s haki to the next level in fighting Big Mom?

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Do you guys think it’s possible Kid might take his conqueror’s haki to the next level in fighting Big Mom?
    I think he, like Luffy, learns under pressure. He and Zoro were both interested in Luffy's advanced armament when Kaido was first hurt. He was also established as having Conqueror's. So, the foreshadowing is already in place.

I don't think Kid will defeat Big Mom, but IMO he will learn a few new tricks during their fight before they are separated. Then, later, he recovers enough to help in the final fight against Kaido and will show what he learned.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information