+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I would think Kinemon is also not the best judge of strength, if it matters. Dog and Ashura even made fun of him because they used the past 20 years to become super strong while Kin obviously stagnated.
    Have you factored in his big braininess to this equation?

Big brainemons deadliest weapon by far

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    It would spark questioning about how his awekening its different and why.

I believe he has another transformation, but is one that comes from his non-human nature.
    Don't think he has another transformation. Rather, I hope, he doesn't have. Too redundant for my taste.

As a hybrid, he should still be able to use those sweet mythical zoan powers, maybe even some we haven't seen yet. So I'm leaning towards a creative use of those. A best of both worlds, if you will. Dragon powers without the bulkiness and vulnerability of full dragon form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I'm starting to think Page One will get up now, if just to carry his sister out of the battle so she can get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Have you factored in his big braininess to this equation?

Big brainemons deadliest weapon by far
    At least his brainz can't be copied by Zorosuske and his almighty Mihawkigan.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

I'm assuming they're over Wano by now, which makes me wonder where Luffy is going to land.

Zeus is not having a good day.

So does anyone else think that this and the last chapter meant to set up for someone else to shine in light of Luffy losing round 2?

Crazy theory, is Big Mom going to die this arc? I'm perplexed by seeing Big Mom put down Ulti so brutally, but it fits into a thought I (and probably a few since the WCI arc) have had that Nami would be a great fit with Big Mom's devil fruit. It's always been weird that her power is so deeply tied to the weather when that's known to be Nami's specialty.

So, back to Ulti vs. Nami for a second, if some massive series of events ends with Nami with that DF power she can suddenly do a lot of things. For one, she can revive Zeus in one of the most convoluted ways possible. But second and most importantly, while she's not as strong as Big Mom it's easy to imagine that she could conjure three homies to make a Maser Cannon of her own and turn the tides of her fight with Ulti. Then, this weird chapter suddenly becomes foreshadowing for a bunch of other events.

There's a few leaps there, yes, but it's where this chapter is taking my brain. The events here really skewed where I thought the story was heading, assuming the next few chapters don't turn things around again.
    Last edited by onemoment; May 17th, 2021 at 05:08 PM.

i dont like the idea of a small sub in the sea catching a normal sized person at random. but i do wonder what role oda has left for the heart pirates ? Big mom related stuff maybe ?

Also Kaido refered to others as Humans in this chapter could this confirm that he is not a human ? i kind of wonder about background of his race then because i think onigashima was not originally around wano and kaido brought it there and it could be his homeland which he changed to this.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    So does anyone else think that this and the last chapter meant to set up for someone else to shine in light of Luffy losing round 2?
    It's totally Yamato.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Hmm, so what are the chances that Kaidou has another Form that he only busts out when a fight it down to One on One.

He probably can't use it when other people are around due to various One Piece Quirky reasons.

That could explain why he is unbeatable in a one-on-one.
    That makes it wound like Kaido has some sort of Aizen cop out trick power to easily win all one on ones.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    It's totally Yamato.
    Luffy is the leading main protagonist of this manga, but even then, with what just happened, and Yamato rushing in, it would be a good oppurtinity to put a big shine on the character regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    That makes it wound like Kaido has some sort of Aizen cop out trick power to easily win all one on ones.
    Think of it as Kaidou's Gear 4.

He only busts it out when shit get really serious.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    It would spark questioning about how his awekening its different and why.

I believe he has another transformation, but is one that comes from his non-human nature.
    There's still not much known about awakened fruit users but we know at least four awakened Zoans from Impel Down and it's safe to assume that Chopper's Monster Point is also a forced awakening. So, awakened Zoans are just bigger and look more beast-like. In Kaido's case that's going to be really freaking impressive. Add some limit like Zoan awakenings drain too much stamina or make your mind go blank (like it was the case with Monster Chopper and the Impel Down wardens) and voilą.

I actually like the idea that Kaido didn't use his awakening due to some limit, but because the drawback is that he can't properly think anymore in that form. Not necessarily to the point that he's drooling with snot flowing out of his nostrils (that would be hilarious though), but he would simply attack anyone and anything in the vicinity.
    That's what he calls getting "fired up".

It would also conveniently explain the rumor that defeating him in a 1 vs 1 is unlikely (but not impossible).

Since Kaido said Luffy 'let his new tool got to his head', I think maybe he knocked himself out by overusing CoC or something.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Crazy theory, is Big Mom going to die this arc? I'm perplexed by seeing Big Mom put down Ulti so brutally, but it fits into a thought I (and probably a few since the WCI arc) have had that Nami would be a great fit with Big Mom's devil fruit. It's always been weird that her power is so deeply tied to the weather when that's known to be Nami's specialty.

So, back to Ulti vs. Nami for a second, if some massive series of events ends with Nami with that DF power she can suddenly do a lot of things. For one, she can revive Zeus in one of the most convoluted ways possible. But second and most importantly, while she's not as strong as Big Mom it's easy to imagine that she could conjure three homies to make a Maser Cannon of her own and turn the tides of her fight with Ulti. Then, this weird chapter suddenly becomes foreshadowing for a bunch of other events.

There's a few leaps there, yes, but it's where this chapter is taking my brain. The events here really skewed where I thought the story was heading, assuming the next few chapters don't turn things around again.
    Big Mom's devil fruit is one of the most OP powers in the whole series so far, so no, Nami is definitely not getting it. Also, Big Mom has been set up for Elbaf because of her history with the giants so she still has her role to play.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

What if the last bit of Zeus' soul went into the clima tact and now it's alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Since Kaido said Luffy 'let his new tool got to his head', I think maybe he knocked himself out by overusing CoC or something.
    Something like this is also very likely. Haki depletion has been a thing for a while and since Luffy hadn't used CoC this way before and didn't know his limits he just overused it rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
    Something like this is also very likely. Haki depletion has been a thing for a while and since Luffy hadn't used CoC this way before and didn't know his limits he just overused it rapidly.
    Reading between the lines I thought it was more of a "fancy new trick you've got there but hardly enough to tango with the big boyz, amateur" kinda thing where he was alluding that there was never any way Luffy was going to get anywhere against him, with or without CoC.

It's obvious CoC will be part of the answer to defeating Kaidou or any yonkou for that matter but it alone is not enough. What else is there though? Fruit awakening? shadows?
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Default Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

I really hope we're not back to Haki depletion being the main drawback of Luffy's new weapon. It's never been a thing for anyone else other than Luffy, and for him only after using Gear 4, a form that requires him covering the majority of his body in CoA for an extended period of time.
    Just like the lack of power is the main weakness of Gear 2, the lack of speed is the main weakness of Gear 3 and rapid Haki depletion the main weakness of Gear 4, using advanced CoC should have its own drawback, something that Luffy wasn't aware of because he just learned it and that led to his defeat this chapter.
    But I'm mostly against it because I'm tired of the "I ran out of Haki, everyone cover my ass for ten minutes while I recover for a bit" scenario. I know it's been a point that Luffy has friends and allies he can rely on whenever he can't do something himself, but the future Pirate King should be able to fight his own battles.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information