+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    I'm not completely sure what the matter is with Kaido, especially considering his seemingly desperate comments at the end.
    Did he refuse to kill Luffy because, perhaps unconsciously, he wants him to have an opportunity to escape death and come back stronger? Is he desperate to find someone who can challenge him and defeat him?
    Or is he just REALLY upset that in the haste of the battle he didn't deal the death blow?
    he seemed upset because he allowed Luffy to get stronger and made Kaido struggle, something he hasn’t experienced in a long time. Now because of this Kaido thinks that others will think that Luffy could or can beat him therefore he’s beatable in others eyes and will not stop fighting him.

I don't think every strawhat needs a dedicated one-on-one fight this arc to shine and show off their combat abilities in an impressive manner. For example Usopp in Dressrosa awakening his OH and taking out Sugar wasn't a classic one-on-one but still an amazing moment for him. If Ulti and/or Page One don't fully recover for a third round against Nami and/or Usopp, then I expect that Oda has something else planned for them that is at least as cool and impressive as defeating these guys. This is the arc that will most likely establish Luffy as a "great pirate" and put him in the same league as the emperors. That is only possible though if his crew is also strong enough, therefore they all need to showcase here what they are really capable of.

As for the end of the chapter, I'm curious to find out how exactly Kaido defeated Luffy. You can't just jump from Luffy fighting on par with him to this without a good reason. There has to be more to it than him just running out of haki/stamina in general.
    Last edited by Tarek; May 16th, 2021 at 09:58 PM.

This chapter was definitely a large pile of enjoyment for me, as well as a giant sigh of relief on every scenario it was dealing with.

I've been terrified of Big Mom going soft and just handing over Zeus to save Tama or out of a small admiration for Nami's stand against Ulti. Absolutely none of that, thank you Oda for keeping Linlin the terrible, despicable monster that she is. She's already done her 180 on Tama and now there's no reason for me to have any worries on that for now. Zeus's demise was greatly done in every way, perfectly setting it up now where his survival, however Oda feels like doing it, will make his power-up to Nami feel right and satisfying. I would personally love it if somehow Zeus could get powered by part of Nami's soul (could Brook do that maybe?) to completely cement that he's no longer connected to BM.

It's probably not narratively right yet for Big Mom to receive the type of humiliating karma that's warranted for this treatment of Zeus, but we don't need that yet. The chapter has perfectly set up Hera, Prometheus, and Napoleon for that role now. Hera's full of herself and the other 2 dumped on Zeus so hard (just to flirt with Hera) that they'll all be perfect targets for Kidd and Law to hopefully completely humiliate and embarrass into becoming bigger failures than they ever were with Zeus.

Ulti and Pay Pay can be left alone for awhile and do their Zoan recovery and return later, I'm completely satisfied with it coming to that. This was a lame location for Nami to have her fight in anyway, but what's to say about this has already been said. I'm not one of those that would find this a particularly disappointing way for Nami or Ussop to win these fights (it would've been way more disappointing to see Nami win just because BM lends her Zeus). Oda can make them as recovered as he wants, but payoff for Nami's stand against Ulti is much needed before the end.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Oda starts the next chapter with a brief flashback clip notes of how Kaido took the edge back and knocked Luffy out. That's basically become one of his favorite things to do in this arc to leave things at cool cliffhangers. I won't particularly complain if he doesn't though, just something that came to mind. I'm not very confident Kaido's actually gonna jump down and rampage like others think. I think he might actually take a break to drink some of his disappointment away and maybe speed the island up a little, which will be what Yamato finds when he finally makes it to the roof. Either way, this is gonna be a rough break week. Not nearly as much direction to put my speculations towards for what's coming or who we'll cut to next.

1 particular thing that's bothering me:
    Linlin grabs and puts Tama aside -> Tama is back in Ussop's arms when Zeus gets grabbed for a reaction shot -> Tama looks like she just ran back to the duo when telling them they gotta run
    It kinda feels like Tama's reaction shot to Zeus getting grabbed is a mistake? Or am I the only one that felt weirded out by this sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.french View Post
    My favorite prediction is that Luffy does fall in the sea, but is near the shore. He'll wake up washed up on shore to witness Kaidou having landed Onigashima on the capital, killing everyone.
    Yeah it would be fun. But unfortunately, this is One Piece. Dark stuff only happens (in general) in flashbacks...
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Hmm, so what are the chances that Kaidou has another Form that he only busts out when a fight it down to One on One.

He probably can't use it when other people are around due to various One Piece Quirky reasons.

That could explain why he is unbeatable in a one-on-one.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Oda starts the next chapter with a brief flashback clip notes of how Kaido took the edge back and knocked Luffy out. That's basically become one of his favorite things to do in this arc to leave things at cool cliffhangers. I won't particularly complain if he doesn't though, just something that came to mind. I'm not very confident Kaido's actually gonna jump down and rampage like others think. I think he might actually take a break to drink some of his disappointment away and maybe speed the island up a little, which will be what Yamato finds when he finally makes it to the roof. Either way, this is gonna be a rough break week. Not nearly as much direction to put my speculations towards for what's coming or who we'll cut to next.
    This makes me think we might be coming up on the Kaido/Yamato flashback that's been anticipated for a while. Yamato storms up to the roof and finds Kaido lounging around with Luffy seemingly defeated. It's the perfect opportunity for them to clash, for the readers to do a deep dive into their individual motivations, and then a few chapters later Luffy will return to finish the fight. Either saving Yamato after Kaido has beaten him, or they team up.

Question is how Luffy will survive. Originally I thought Yamato would be involved but now that I think about it that makes no sense, Luffy's being thrown off the island and Yamato's going for the roof. I've seen the theory that the Heart Pirates might pick him up, and I suppose there's other character that may use some kinda trick or power to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Hmm, so what are the chances that Kaidou has another Form that he only busts out when a fight it down to One on One.

He probably can't use it when other people are around due to various One Piece Quirky reasons.

That could explain why he is unbeatable in a one-on-one.
    I think it's a safe bet that we will see an awakened version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    The layout of the Mangaplus chapters with each page going down makes the double spreads and page transitions awkward sometimes, while as of the last 4-5 chapters Viz's pages have gotten smaller and I have a hard time seeing some of the text. Does either site have a workaround feature for this?
    Set the page to fullscreen onstead of windowed, that makes the pages bigger. There's also a zoom in + button if you want it bigger still.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I dunno, I'm just still not sold on Kaido and now he proved to be effective and ineffective at the same time. Instead of mourning about making that mistake, why doesn't he just immediately dive down and just go for the kill outright?
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Discovered Stowaway

Loved the chapter, Oda really set us up. He hyped up Luffy being able to deal damage to Kaido with the new form of his CoC, and as of Chapter 1,012 he was still on the roof. So whatever happened in the time between that and now must be a massive feat from Kaido. Seemingly overpowering Luffy easily, though he seems to be out of breath. So everything up till now seemed to have damaged Kaido to an extent. I hope he wont stay on the rooftop to recover and goes straight down back to the main stage and Yamato goes to the rooftop and will find no one there. Which leads to some sort of flashback / Act 3 end. Also the end kinda solidified my opinion that Wano will be indeed a 5 Act arc. I liked the theory raised by others but never bought really into it until this chapter. It really is a tragedy.
    So Zeus got nerved and possibly died, but I dont think so as a lot of other people believe he somehow ate one of Namis cloud balls. Anyways I loved the development Zeus got, a lot of characterization for a cloud tbh. We got 2 possibilities Oda could take it. Either Zeus went into Namis wand, still being a cloud, or he fused with the Namis wand itself. Personally I really dig the second option, as Sanji wouldn't have to compete with vapor anymore now its up to the magic wand.

Cant wait for Chapter 1,014 the two week break will be hard, but we still got the anime to look forward to.
    SW-3170-8630-8341

Kaido saying he got fired up meaning he used some new technique unknown to us.

Maybe he awakened his fruit for a brief moment and demolished Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    I dunno, I'm just still not sold on Kaido and now he proved to be effective and ineffective at the same time. Instead of mourning about making that mistake, why doesn't he just immediately dive down and just go for the kill outright?
    Because that would end the story. Lol.

It would be hilarious though. The dude can fly. Whats stopping him from doing it, other than dumb plot armor.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
    I think it's a safe bet that we will see an awakened version of him.
    It would spark questioning about how his awekening its different and why.

I believe he has another transformation, but is one that comes from his non-human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    We can see that Onigashima's already passed Luffy by the time we see him, so Kaido probably thinks it's too late and is only realizing he probably should've killed Luffy more definitively in hindsight.

We also don't know if Kaido can leave Onigashima like that without it falling prematurely, but that would make sense too.

kinemon said shuten maru+denjiro+kawamatsu are the 3 strongest samurai, as in above catviper and dog, yet they get nothing?? while dog gets jack and cat gets perospero...

being above cat and dog, logic says they get king and queen

I missed that panel where the Beast Pirates start wondering if they're no longer allied to Big Mom.

Exactly what I expected to happen.

If Big Mom's actions get announced all over Onigashima thru the Marries, Kaido's opinion wouldn't even matter at that point, in practice, their alliance is over.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    kinemon said shuten maru+denjiro+kawamatsu are the 3 strongest samurai, as in above catviper and dog, yet they get nothing?? while dog gets jack and cat gets perospero...

being above cat and dog, logic says they get king and queen
    That was never stated.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    That was never stated.
    Looking back, different words, each worth 100 men. Still hyped them up to be the stronger ones, even more with shuten maru introduced owning jack, something cat and dog were never shown outside of sulong mode doing it together.

I wouldn't say that Kinemon implies them to be stronger, but rather on par with him and the remaining Akazaya

I would think Kinemon is also not the best judge of strength, if it matters. Dog and Ashura even made fun of him because they used the past 20 years to become super strong while Kin obviously stagnated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information