+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Default Re: Chapter 1,013: Anarchy in the B.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I'm gonna say lay off now, you made your point earlier and even that was a bit too much.
    Well, he brought this upon himself. He ALWAYS overconfidently jumps to conclusion. And he's not owning up to it, just carrying on pretending he never made those "LUFFY WILL WIN ONE-ON-ONE NOW! ODA LIED TO US!!!!" posts. First JohnTnaig, now him. This is the current problem of One Piece fanbase. Too much conclusion-jumping. Always writing off characters in the short-term, as short as one chapter.

But alright, I'll lay it off now. IF he does this kind of shit again in the future (based on evidence, he just doesn't fucking learn and will most likely do it again), I'll rub it on his face again.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Eh I didn't care for this one. Another "Oh I gotta stand my ground" fake out, Hera looks underwhelming, the whole Zeus plot doesn't go anywhere (Unless he busts out of Hera at some point) and...Luffy losing again against Kaido. The last one I figured, he's up against a big name, entered the fight at Gear 4, had that deactivate and just barely got back up, so of course he wouldn't have the energy to continue to the fight despite figuring out Kaido's trick. He looks pretty pristine though so I'd like to think he dodged one of Kaido's swings and got beaned by a rock that knocks him off the structure. That or he didn't see where he was going and slipped off (Shrug).

Either way it's the usual "Get Luffy Out Of The Way" routine to allow the others to finish their fights before his big R3 showdown. I get the feeling this is going to lead into the ending of this "chapter" of Wano and go into the next one. So yeah, buckle in folks were not finishing this anytime soon.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Wait, law's crew and submarine is down there. So that is why they got left outside of onigashima, they will save luffy?

Loved the chapter. Lots of good character interactions, and it's a relief to see Big Mom being herself and turning on Tama. Since the fight started it's been a constant worry that Big Mom will somehow be nerfed in order to neutralize her, but I think I can relax now and not worry about it. I still think her amnesia will return at some point, but until then she's gonna be the good old BM I love. Crossing my fingers that it'll be a while.

Had a good laugh at the gifters showing up a second time with bruises after getting caught in Nami's attack. I'm curious where the fight will go from here, I think Ulti might still return. The bit with Zeus was nice and heartwarming, he's definitely coming to Nami soon, but I wonder how. Will he escape Hera? Will he somehow merge with her creating a new entity? But the best part was 100% Kid. I love all the supernovas, the more screentime he gets the better.

The part with Luffy is interesting. Not sure how I feel about it, but admittedly seeing him put in place after being overconfident is better than carrying on the fight on somewhat equal footing. Guessing Yamato is gonna save him.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The interactions in the chapter were all pretty great. Big Mom's line about having to kill Tama for leaving her is probably the best summation of her character you can find. Prometheus being down bad and Hera brushing him (and Napoleon) off is hilarious.

I personally don't think Ulti is down for the count. I can understand people not liking Big Mom interfering in Nami's "moment" against her but at the end of the day I still think the purpose of the scene was to demonstrate Hera's power, and Ulti will be back up soon enough with Nami getting the last laugh.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    the whole Zeus plot doesn't go anywhere (Unless he busts out of Hera at some point)
    I think that's pretty obvious he's coming back, if he's going to be teamed up with Nami he's got to be powered down from his current form otherwise Nami becomes a bit OP

I enjoyed the chapter, overall.

I really like Ulti, ever since her mutual trash-talking & headbutt scene with Luffy, she´s the second most enjoyable Kaido pirate after Queen in my book.
    When the siblings left the main stage to hunt down Nami and Usopp, I didn´t believe for a second the Strawhat duo could defeat them, and I was right, they almost died the first time, but were saved by Tama and ran away.
    They were caught again and would´ve been dead #2 had BM not interfered, and #3 had Kid not appeared in time.

Seriously, Zoan strength-wise, I imagine these siblings are above Pigeon-guy level, and unlike the 10x weaker Kalifa, Ulti doesn´t play around and gets shit done.
    I am perfectly fine with how this got resolved. Bonus points to showing how incredibly powerful BM is. Too many characters have been standing up so far after her attacks.
    Both the Conqueror one-punch neck breaker last chapter and the combination laser were epic. BM is amazing (and batshit crazy).

Last double-spread, my initial thought seeing Luffy fall, was that he ran out of Haki again, probably mid attack while exchanging blows and Kaido simply hit a home-run with his club, like he didn´t really have time to think it through in the heat of the moment.
    That would be a very simple explanation on why he didn´t change into dragon-form and catch the flying Luffy or something, his "facepalm" makes sense this way.

I assume they´re already above the mainland and Luffy will simply fall on the ground, wake up 10-15 minutes later, and run back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    I'm not completely sure what the matter is with Kaido, especially considering his seemingly desperate comments at the end.
    Did he refuse to kill Luffy because, perhaps unconsciously, he wants him to have an opportunity to escape death and come back stronger? Is he desperate to find someone who can challenge him and defeat him?
    Or is he just REALLY upset that in the haste of the battle he didn't deal the death blow?
    What I understood with his facepalm is that he's disappointed because he got excited and blasted Luffy off the freaking island instead of cutting his head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    I enjoyed the chapter, overall.

I really like Ulti, ever since her mutual trash-talking & headbutt scene with Luffy, she´s the second most enjoyable Kaido pirate after Queen in my book.
    When the siblings left the main stage to hunt down Nami and Usopp, I didn´t believe for a second the Strawhat duo could defeat them, and I was right, they almost died the first time, but were saved by Tama and ran away.
    They were caught again and would´ve been dead #2 had BM not interfered, and #3 had Kid not appeared in time.

Seriously, Zoan strength-wise, I imagine these siblings are above Pigeon-guy level, and unlike the 10x weaker Kalifa, Ulti doesn´t play around and gets shit done.
    I am perfectly fine with how this got resolved. Bonus points to showing how incredibly powerful BM is. Too many characters have been standing up so far after her attacks.
    Both the Conqueror one-punch neck breaker last chapter and the combination laser were epic. BM is amazing (and batshit crazy).

Last double-spread, my initial thought seeing Luffy fall, was that he ran out of Haki again, probably mid attack while exchanging blows and Kaido simply hit a home-run with his club, like he didn´t really have time to think it through in the heat of the moment.
    That would be a very simple explanation on why he didn´t change into dragon-form and catch the flying Luffy or something, his "facepalm" makes sense this way.

I assume they´re already above the mainland and Luffy will simply fall on the ground, wake up 10-15 minutes later, and run back.
    I like Ulti too, but it’s rather unexciting how she has been shown starting to fight only for it to be abruptly stopped in the past year since we’ve been introduced to her, like with Yamato, Komachiyo, and now Big Mom, so I don’t get the feeling she’ll die here,

Zoro shark made this chapter. Even in the darkest of betrayals he gave me something good. As for the rest meh, BM is fun in herself but i tire of her just being the thing that blocks the thing, she's like a prop just being moved from room to room to buy time. Kaido being all philosophical about these darn humans is interesting too but dear god the amount of re-setting is overwhelming. I find it so frustrating to be walking backwards in a story, like once you've had plenty of foreplay and began the intercourse you can't just expect me to be happy to go back to over the clothes petting again

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    I think that's pretty obvious he's coming back, if he's going to be teamed up with Nami he's got to be powered down from his current form otherwise Nami becomes a bit OP
    If he comes back it also better than BM giving Nami Zeus or they become friends or BM just letting him go free.
    None of that would have been in line with her character so this way you have some build up for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    What I understood with his facepalm is that he's disappointed because he got excited and blasted Luffy off the freaking island instead of cutting his head off.
    Yea that seem to be the case .
    It would have better to show everyone luffy head so they know he dead but this was the most fun he had in a long while so he made that mistake and hit him off.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    Luffy being saved from the Heart Pirates underwater as said by user uniaka ikuzakas would be the most creative solution.

Last edited by Nouryoku; May 16th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I’ll repeat what I said in regards to acts ending in the spoiler thread just before it got closed:

Act 1 - Chapter 909-924 (16 chapters)
    Act 2 - Chapter 925-955 (31 chapters)
    Act 3 - Chapter 958-???? (56 chapters as of Chapter 1013; 42 if you don’t count the 14 chapter-long flashback from Chapter 960-973)

So going by that, it’s possible Act 3 may end close to around 60 chapters.
    Yeah, stop stretching "the most possible moment" for act 3 to end.

It'll go right into 70 the next time.

The arc can only get so far, ninth volume of the arc is about to be released, there's almost already enough material for the tenth volume as well.

My guess is the arc can be wrapped up within 14/15 volumes, and Act 3 is going to last all of that.

Loved the chapter. Action keeps being focused which is nice. Kaido lives up to his reputation, which probably gave at least one forumite tears of joy over all their now-baseless griping. Big Mom's combination attack is epic and the interactions are a very good summary of her character.

There were a few downsides here and there, though.

- aside from Nami's brave decision to face Ulti, her and Usopp are just...there. They're not pulling tricks, they're neither being clever, nor accomplishing much. They put up as best as they can with their -admittedly shitty - situation, but really the waves are lifting them and it's all they can do to not end up smashed against the rocky shore. I hope this is to create contrast later on when they pull themselves together, and not how their every future performance is going to be now we're reaching endgame.

- the chitty chat between Zeus and Nami felt like it lasted far too long when Big Mom was ready to smash everyone into a pulp just a panel before. She is there in the backgrounds alright, but the framing still makes it seem like her arm stayed up in the air all that time. I would have prefered a little more focus on Nami and Usopp doing some serious dodging, rather than Zeus' conflicted face. How easily Big Mom stops him completely makes up for it, though, her expression on that panel is gold ^^

- I don't know if Ulti and Page One should be getting up at all. I want them to, because their current state owes nothing to Nami and Usopp's merit and it's sad - yet completely realistic here - to see any Straw Hats so powerless. However, if match-ups that were already long in the making turn out to be but a step towards a more developed fight with opponents who may rise yet again for the final act... Then 5 years is the time it will take to finish Wano alone. And I don't even want to consider the possibility that they may move onwards to other matches.

- I like Hera's interactions with the other homies, but I'm not a fan of her looks. I wonder if she may end as rebellous as Zeus after absorbing his soul and Nami's black balls, or if she will be soon teared apart by a strengthened Zeus.

Last but not least, the release pace is really starting to take a toll. It's not all on Oda and I don't even think we've changed the normal pattern of mixed holidays and Oda-breaks, but I feel like there are just so many breaks lately. Ugh, I might pause for a while and come back when there's several chapters to read in one sitting.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; May 16th, 2021 at 12:53 PM.

Do we think this will be the end of act 3?

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Well, he brought this upon himself. He ALWAYS overconfidently jumps to conclusion. And he's not owning up to it, just carrying on pretending he never made those "LUFFY WILL WIN ONE-ON-ONE NOW! ODA LIED TO US!!!!" posts. First JohnTnaig, now him. This is the current problem of One Piece fanbase. Too much conclusion-jumping. Always writing off characters in the short-term, as short as one chapter.

But alright, I'll lay it off now. IF he does this kind of shit again in the future (based on evidence, he just doesn't fucking learn and will most likely do it again), I'll rub it on his face again.
    So you're not in control of yourself, he is.

Don't be petty, just discuss stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Yeah, stop stretching "the most possible moment" for act 3 to end.

It'll go right into 70 the next time.

The arc can only get so far, ninth volume of the arc is about to be released, there's almost already enough material for the tenth volume as well.

My guess is the arc can be wrapped up within 14/15 volumes, and Act 3 is going to last all of that.
    What will make it 70?

It depends what happens in the next few chapters. If act 3 has to end on a tragedy then this is Oda setting it up.
    -Luffy is down
    -Zeus is down
    -Zoro is down
    -Carrot and Wanda are down
    -Ashura Doji is down
    -Marco wil probably get trapped by Perospero and beaten up by King
    -Queen will probably beat down Chopper and the Samurai
    -Big Mom will probably beat down Kid

And Oda might show us scenes of the straw hats and inuarashi on the losing ends of their fight.

I think Oda is setting up to make it look like they are going to lose the raid and Kaido will announce Luffy's defeat and then that might end act 3.

But as soon as act 4 starts we'll get Tama defeating Buo Huang, turning all the gifters to the Samurai side. Luffy will be shown to have been rescued. Law will arrive to help Kid. Sanji will arrive to help Chopper and Neko to help Marco. It will be Tama flipping to Go board and we'll start to see all the beast pirates losing their fights to the Straw Hats. Meanwhile Yamato will fight Kaido until Luffy can return to the fight.

Judging from the this chapter, Oda wants things to look dire for the heroes and then turn everything around with Tama.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Do we think this will be the end of act 3?
    Act 3 of kabuki plays usually have some big drama or tragedy, which we haven’t really seen emphasized in the act unless you count Oden’s death. The drama may not necessarily center on Luffy, but him losing Round 2 here may be meant to set up the mood leading into the drama that we may see within the next one or two months.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    What will make it 70?
    He's implying that once act 3 doesn't end around 60 chapters the 5 acts believers will again stretch the deadline, like they been doing, saying it will end around 70 chapters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information