+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,012: Itch

Default Chapter 1,012: Itch

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009217
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-p...53?action=read

Author Comments 5/09/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/manga...ngs-05-09-2021

Eiichiro Oda

While I work, I listen to Gairoku Channel’s interviews with people on the street. Hearing about all the different lives people have is so interesting.
    Last edited by Shift; May 9th, 2021 at 09:09 AM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Default Re: Chapter 1,012: Itch

Damn! I like the way Oda's shifted Nami away from cowardice.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Robin has a fight, Nami has a fight.

I told it before: everyone will get their fight. This is the current saga's grand finale, it will have a moment for everyone.

Fun chapter, but it's mostly connecting tissue between important scenes. After a break, it was kind of underwhelming. Now I'm "itching" for 1,013.

Volume 100 ends in 1,014 or maybe 1,015. I wonder if we will get some big oh-shit moment to cap it off.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Honestly I hope that's it for Page One and Zoro. I know everybody wants Zoro to have his 1 on 1 fight, but at some point people are actually going to have to stay down and not just walk off these serious injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Robin has a fight, Nami has a fight.

I told it before: everyone will get their fight. This is the current saga's grand finale, it will have a moment for everyone.

Fun chapter, but it's mostly connecting tissue between important scenes. After a break, it was kind of underwhelming. Now I'm "itching" for 1,013.

Volume 100 ends in 1,014 or maybe 1,015. I wonder if we will get some big oh-shit moment to cap it off.
    Yeah, this definitely wasn't a worthy after-break chapter, but it wasn't bad. I feel like the next few of them are going to be more like this one, though, with the final configurations of the final battles being set up. I hope it includes us getting more than a glimpse at Jinbe's fight.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

"Surprised you found the rooftop" Viz beat the fan trans this week

As I said for the last chapter, this isn't a full side change. It caters to BM's role in here where she is really just for her own self interest first. Streusen was nice to her when she was the most vulnerable and Okobore Town (Tsuru and Tama) were as well. Not easy to duplicate a moment where BM is that vulnerable. All those stars have to line up where she's vulnerable (amnesia or lost all her "family) and someone happens to be kind to her. Mother Mode is just the icing for Tama.

Momo was too young to fully comprehend everything on WB and Roger's ship. Doubt he left the ship for every country or island. I wonder if what he reads is pertaining to after he returned to Wano and Oden went to Laugh Tale, just more of a perspective from his pops for stuff he (Momo) was around for, or a lil bit of both. Would be interesting if Buggy or Shanks met Momo in the present day.

The most important question. What is consistent when it comes to Oda? He has given the tooth back and he has kept the tooth missing at points. Will Kinemon ever get his tooth back? I'm invested in this.

I like Sanji and Zeus interactions. Nami slave to Nami slave, Sanji's inexorable commitment to that role can never be topped. Zeus might get BM's blessing in a sense if he helps Nami due to Ulti's actions. If he defies BM to help Nami here, it will be big for his character development.

Great chapter! Nami showing why she deserves 3rd place lol

When was the last time Nami looked this ready to fight? I don't remember but it's nice.
    Cross Zoro was perfect

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Yamato finally leaving Momo behind to quickly get to the rooftop.

Look forward to him possibly running in to Sanji and Zoro.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

i'm still puzzled at how we are supposed to believe Perospero is responsible for the death of some guy who went kamikaze on him. I'm sympathetic to Pedro, and Peros is generally hideous, but there should be a limit to warping reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    i'm still puzzled at how we are supposed to believe Perospero is responsible for the death of some guy who went kamikaze on him. I'm sympathetic to Pedro, and Peros is generally hideous, but there should be a limit to warping reality.
    This is why I'm beginning to suspect that we will see a change in motivation from the minks, in that they will attack Perospero for the raid's success, and not out of misguided revenge. Carrot was too close and inexperienced to see it, but Nekomamushi has a far better understanding of the pirate game and its consequences, having traveled with WB and Roger.

The fact that Pedro himself told them to move on (which was repeated this arc via flashback) will likely play a role in this.

Perospero just can't catch a break huh?

Nami looking battle ready is nice for a change. Now that P1 is hurt, seems like the perfect opportunity for Ussop to get his licks in and make them count.

Yamato going on his own really has me excited for the possibility of meeting Sanji and Zoro. Plus nice exposition between him and Kaido
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Pedro killed himself to stop Perospero who was trying to kill the crew at the time, so it's not wrong to say he's responsible for Pedro's death.

Spoiler:
    Of course, the rest of the Big Mom pirates were trying to kill the crew, and the crew themselves tried to kill his mom....

Because the whole thing is a mess right now, here's an useful chart of character locations.

I am wondering where Zoro can heal himself and get back to fighting again. It wouldn't make sense for him to be out of commission for long

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Ah shit I forgot Marco
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Kfunk View Post
    When was the last time Nami looked this ready to fight? I don't remember but it's nice.
    Cross Zoro was perfect
    Whenever the opponent is far away and they've lost the will to fight (695), Nami is ready and willing. This time, Ulti is neither. Great for Nami.

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    I am wondering where Zoro can heal himself and get back to fighting again. It wouldn't make sense for him to be out of commission for long

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Ah shit I forgot Marco
    Marco's healing is said to be limited on others, but yeah....it might be enough to get Zoro in fighting condition if still fairly injured.

Oda: *checks poll* "Nami is number 3??? Well, looks like Nami is joining the Monster 3 and I'll just have Sanji be the gopher" *drawing Nami beating up on Ulti*

Yamato is headed to the rooftop so it looks like it'll be a team battle soon

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    It's like that thing in taken 2 where the gang who kidnapped Liam Neesons daughter wants blood vengance on him for killing the guy who tried to trafic his daughter lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information