+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chapter 1,012: Itch

Default Re: Chapter 1,012: Itch

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    It doesn't help that Onigashima has been super confusing layout wise. On the most basic level there are two towers, one castle, the live floor and the outside but when you get down to the details it becomes really confusing (like the storage place Yamato and Momo were. Is that outside the Skull Dome or inside the Skull Dome? Is there an open area in one of the towers like there seems to be in Kaidou's castle? Stuff like that is not clear at all and it makes it hard to parse where everyone is / heading.
    It's inside.

Layout was confusing at first, but now Oda has been consistently providing maps ever since the rooftop battle began.

Cheers. I think there's been too many maps to it's doubled over into confusing territory again. It looks like five boxed off areas with the back one being the castle but we know there's only three towers so are the towers split in half or is that dead space? Also is this the first floor or higher as we know those stars leading into the dome are above ground level but maybe that's where Oda is starting the ground level?

It's not the end of the world ultimately but I still feel like Onigashima has been a big mess, layout wise.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Cheers. I think there's been too many maps to it's doubled over into confusing territory again. It looks like five boxed off areas with the back one being the castle but we know there's only three towers so are the towers split in half or is that dead space? Also is this the first floor or higher as we know those stars leading into the dome are above ground level but maybe that's where Oda is starting the ground level?

It's not the end of the world ultimately but I still feel like Onigashima has been a big mess, layout wise.
    It's impossible to show the layout properly since the dome is very vertical and horizontal at the same time, thus you need a 3D model to understand it. This post does its best to explain things.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    It's impossible to show the layout properly since the dome is very vertical and horizontal at the same time, thus you need a 3D model to understand it. This post does its best to explain things.
    Damn, that makes it less complicated now. Props to Captain M for the visual! Good job
    One Piece ,\/,,

Spoilers within 48 hours. Hopefully there's an update on the 2 best characters of the arc, Orochi and Queen. Oda has done well to not continue spamming Kaido vs group, attack - get up - transform.

Was Ulti growing extra horns in the last pages or is that something I've forgotten about?

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Spoilers within 48 hours. Hopefully there's an update on the 2 best characters of the arc, Orochi and Queen. Oda has done well to not continue spamming Kaido vs group, attack - get up - transform.
    Let's hope the spoilers will confirm no hiatus next week!!

That's all i ask .

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    Was Ulti growing extra horns in the last pages or is that something I've forgotten about?
    Her hybrid form has tiny horns over the eyebrows.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Enies Lobby being declared “Bad” has long been somewhat taken as a given on this forum.

But on more or less objective terms – and I don’t use that term lightly- it was far less chaotic than Wano currently is.

To start with, if we take the exact same point in the Enies Lobby raid as we are in Onagashima- roughly 36 chapters – half of the CP9 fights had been wrapped up, and if we omit the 7 chapter Robin flashback and focus just on action chapters (as has been the entirety of Onagashima), Luffy vs Lucci is all that is left at that point in Enies Lobby.

But more than that, the siege is segmented in chunks that makes for a far clearer flow –

First you have about 15 chapters of siege on the main island. This time is dedicated to letting the secondary tagalongs shine, building out the enemies a big more, and showing off Luffys main new powerup. Theres a clear geographical layout, and a constant sense that the heroes are advancing towards their goal.

Then theres the flashback, which is obviously all about Robin.

Then theres the tower, where pretty much all the secondary characters and ALL the fodder is left behind aside for very brief check ins and the focus narrows to JUST the 8 straw hats, the 7 remaining CP9’ers, + Kokoro and Chimney. Finally, its just Luffy vs Lucci and everyone else busy with the buster call. Theres a gradual narrowing of focus overall as it goes along.

For the battles in the tower, there is just three cases of “musical-chairs”, with Usopp-Jabra Sanji-Kalifa and Nami-Kumadori getting traded, as opposed to Onagashima where pretty much all characters get more than one matchup – Perospero alone is headed for his third separate encounter.

In Enies Lobby there are no Marcoh/Perospero/Tama style latecomers to the siege, and once an enemy was down they stayed down, save only for Spandam who pops back up at the very end in order for Robin to punish him and make the final escape more cathartic.

Tower of Justice chapters still cut between various POVs, but there is still a sense of definite progress, both in the geographical sense of Luffy gradually catching up to Robin, but also in the overall fighting sense; Fukoro goes down FOR GOOD just 6 chapters after the tower is breached, Kumadori two chapters after that. Its mostly the chapters inbetween Kumadori and Kalifas defeats that sag.
    Also helping is that not just the cast, but the amount of Factions and Subplots is way smaller.

So regarding your question on whether or not Enies Lobby was comparable in terms of endless setups and being as hard to follow, my answer is No. Not even close.

However, what Enies Lobby undeniably is is long, 55 chapters in itself (including flashback). A lot of that is due to time spent on just the one-on-one battles, which can make it feel a bit bloated, but you could probably trim down the back-and-forths by five or so chapters. But that is not the same is lacking in clarity, or being devoid of progress.
    Thank You for this super detailed post!

Yeah what's happening now just feels like a long slog, where as Enies Lobby felt quick to me, but again that's because I didn't have to wait week to week, but there's to many characters and sub plots and I really just want to get to the fighting (even though I know it needs build up )

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

If we're talking about detailed side fights just forget about these

Oda used to do it in the past but not anymore

is it age ? is it wanting to finish the series quick ? idk but it is gone a long time ago

personally i don't mind this approach especially when some characters are simply not interesting .

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Thank You for this super detailed post!

Yeah what's happening now just feels like a long slog, where as Enies Lobby felt quick to me, but again that's because I didn't have to wait week to week, but there's to many characters and sub plots and I really just want to get to the fighting (even though I know it needs build up )
    Trust me if you had take last year and this year off Onigishama would be a breeze as well.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I'm normally all about the story and battles are only secondary because I like the adventuring and story part of the manga more than the actual fights but now the fights really need to start because this "setting up" feels like it's taking forever. Hopefully though everyone gets their moment to shine because in the future the crew needs to be able to tackle this type of foe and in my opinion they all still have a lot "growing" they need to do during their fights to be able to tackle them.

Nami: obviously getting stronger by using Zeus in combination with her weatheria science
    Ussop: Improve his CoO but also deal more damage somehow
    Zoro: develop his CoC
    Sanji: better usage of stealth black?
    Franky & Chopper: I guess their major upgrade will come when meeting Vegapunk
    Robin: Don't know yet, CoA perhaps?
    Brook: Don't know yet
    Jinbei: Dude's already plenty strong I believe.

PS: I'm not saying Zoro will still be fighting someone though. 20 to 30 broken bones should keep 'm down for the remainder of the fight I reckon.
    Last edited by flandrian15; May 11th, 2021 at 02:48 AM.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    I'm normally all about the story and battles are only secondary because I like the adventuring and story part of the manga more than the actual fights but now the fights really need to start because this "setting up" feels like it's taking forever. Hopefully though everyone gets their moment to shine because in the future the crew needs to be able to tackle this type of foe and in my opinion they all still have a lot "growing" they need to do during their fights to be able to tackle them.

Nami: obviously getting stronger by using Zeus in combination with her weatheria science
    Ussop: Improve his CoO but also deal more damage somehow
    Zoro: develop his CoC
    Sanji: better usage of stealth black?
    Franky & Chopper: I guess their major upgrade will come when meeting Vegapunk
    Robin: Don't know yet, CoA perhaps?
    Brook: Don't know yet
    Jinbei: Dude's already plenty strong I believe.

PS: I'm not saying Zoro will still be fighting someone though. 20 to 30 broken bones should keep 'm down for the remainder of the fight I reckon.
    Well improved CoO would allow his shots to count more. By sensing his enemies and being able to predict moves even a little, a trickster like him could be serving critical hits while setting snares at the same time. Just remember how annoying he was vs Luffy, with all the petty trickery. Well there's no more petty trickery, but plants that do whatever situation needs them to do. Not sure why Oda is waiting with his CoO this much.

As for Zoro, he just needs some milk!

Honestly, I'm wondering more what kind of gag comes out of the fact he has been bandaged like that. Seeing Sanjesus carrying that crucifix made me chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well improved CoO would allow his shots to count more. By sensing his enemies and being able to predict moves even a little, a trickster like him could be serving critical hits while setting snares at the same time. Just remember how annoying he was vs Luffy, with all the petty trickery. Well there's no more petty trickery, but plants that do whatever situation needs them to do. Not sure why Oda is waiting with his CoO this much.

As for Zoro, he just needs some milk!

Honestly, I'm wondering more what kind of gag comes out of the fact he has been bandaged like that. Seeing Sanjesus carrying that crucifix made me chuckle.
    Our lord and saviour that suffered on the cross Zoro and his loyal servant Sunkist (And no, I will never say Zolo). I can see it now.

The milk thing actually should work but Onigashima was a party. Not many parties with adults have milk so... Maybe there's some in the kitchen though. I think it'sll soon be time for Sunkist to start cooking something for Big Mom again.

Isn't that also a wink to Trigun ? The priest Wolfwood carries around this giant cross wrapped up in cloth and straps. I don't remember what he does with it, though. Probably shoot people or bludgeon them to death, which I could quite picture Sanji doing with bandaged Zoro

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Isn't that also a wink to Trigun ? The priest Wolfwood carries around this giant cross wrapped up in cloth and straps. I don't remember what he does with it, though. Probably shoot people or bludgeon them to death, which I could quite picture Sanji doing with bandaged Zoro
    I must admit I haven't read/watched Trigun.

We need some guidance from priest wolfwood himself!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Our lord and saviour that suffered on the cross Zoro and his loyal servant Sunkist (And no, I will never say Zolo). I can see it now.

The milk thing actually should work but Onigashima was a party. Not many parties with adults have milk so... Maybe there's some in the kitchen though. I think it'sll soon be time for Sunkist to start cooking something for Big Mom again.
    There must be a mink cow somewhere on the island. Or a goat or a donkey, or something. Milk is milk!

Can't make sweets without milk!

Honestly, what good was Sanji's training if he doesn't have a bone fracture healing recipe. If he's not gonna fight, might as well help Zoro fight again.

I must admit I haven't read/watched Trigun.

We need some guidance from priest wolfwood himself!

There must be a mink cow somewhere on the island. Or a goat or a donkey, or something. Milk is milk!

Can't make sweets without milk!

Honestly, what good was Sanji's training if he doesn't have a bone fracture healing recipe. If he's not gonna fight, might as well help Zoro fight again.
    All female mammals produce milk don't they? Why not horselina then? She seemed to have entire bags full

All female mammals produce milk don't they? Why not horselina then? She seemed to have entire bags full
    Hey, maybe Big Mom is pregonate right now, I think hooman women can produce milk during late pregnancy!

Now that would be something, Big Mom breastfeeding Zoro wrapped like a baby, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I am certainly not at the level of an esteemed Mr Wolfwood, but the cross held a lot of pistols.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information