+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Holding the Pen: a "What If?" thread

Default Re: Holding the Pen: a "What If?" thread

What if...

Linlin never saved Kaidou by giving him the Uo Uo fruit and keeps it for herself, perhaps feeding it to Katakuri instead? Kaidou dies on God Valley, the Beast Pirates never existed. Linlin and her Big Mam Pirates invade Wano after Linlin learns whatever it is that Kaidou knows about the place that prompted him to invade it in the first place.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    What if...

Linlin never saved Kaidou by giving him the Uo Uo fruit and keeps it for herself, perhaps feeding it to Katakuri instead? Kaidou dies on God Valley, the Beast Pirates never existed. Linlin and her Big Mam Pirates invade Wano after Linlin learns whatever it is that Kaidou knows about the place that prompted him to invade it in the first place.
    Then the Wano arc would be much much longer with the WCI get Sanji back arc being a part of Wano instead of its own thing. It'd be the Wano saga really.

Also I'll assume somebody else would step up to become the 4th emperor. Maybe Doflamingo.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I would get rid of Haki and every instance of "foreshadowing" it. It really ruins it for me and I think the only reason Oda put it in was because he realized during Skypiea that Logias are broken. I would also add more scenes of character's just hanging out on the Sunny and chilling not on the way to their next adventure they're just hanging out. Aside from post arc parties, how often do we see the Straw Hats just kick it? So I would try developing character relations more, like Franky teaching Usopp how to better fix the ship, or Brook telling Robin about how different the world was when he was alive. I would also change the ending to everyone gets the Laughtale and Johnny and Yosaku are waiting for them.
    &nbsp; Ok I know you're trolling with that last bit xD<br><br>I feel you on the Haki being a bit forced, but I wouldn't do away with it entirely.&nbsp; Maybe just set up for it an eensy weensy bit more heavily.&nbsp; I remember after the timeskip having mixed feelings about how Armament Haki was ilustrated, the black luster just comes off as corny.&nbsp; But to do away with it entirely is horsey.&nbsp; A big part of One Piece is the loooooooooooong set-ups/foreshadowing and and the motifs that string them together, and Haki is a great example of that.&nbsp; Big plot points in this series start with small hints, like the introduction to the World Government, the legends of Noland and Sky Island, etc.&nbsp; Small ones too, like Brook's relationship to Laboon and Sanji's desire to be invisible.&nbsp; Maybe these are just callbacks and Oda merely conjured them up after the fact, but who's to say.&nbsp; Dude started writing this as a teenager you can't expect 30 years worth of story to already have been inside his mind back then.
    May Your Days Be Filled With Wild 'n' Waxy Wahoolazuma!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information