+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 213

Thread: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

  1. #81
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Hey guys, I'm sorry: I need to read up on everything. I feel really terrible for not contributing as much as I should. This weekend has been really stressful and hectic, and that's no excuse for not making time for the game, but it's not like I'm avoiding it, I'm just insanely distracted.

    But before I go back and read, I'm just gonna drop this bombshell.

    I got a Guilty report on Huschel

  2. #82

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    I got a Guilty report on Huschel
    What is in that report? *curious*

  3. #83
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    That's quite curious, kmo. Because something was stolen from me last night too, and it seems rather unlikely to me that we'd have multiple thieves. In fact, I suspect that you might be the one who stole from me and are now covering your tracks! And frankly I'd really appreciate it back, since it's only got one use and I don't trust it in your hands at all.

    Because there was no kill last night, I think we have two possible scenarios: either the kill was prevented in some way or the mafia chose not to kill. I'm eager to hear from everyone else in case someone else has something interesting to report too.
    This is a very interesting theory, because my thing is very much capable of preventing a Mafioso from killing. I didn't use it, but it has that ability.

    As far as I'm aware, I wasn't robbed last night, but I'm willing to believe based on the setup that we're dealing with a game with a bunch of items that can hinder the mafia (and probably the town as well). (69/81)

  4. #84

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Hey guys, I'm sorry: I need to read up on everything. I feel really terrible for not contributing as much as I should. This weekend has been really stressful and hectic, and that's no excuse for not making time for the game, but it's not like I'm avoiding it, I'm just insanely distracted.
    It's okay. If you want to vent about it, hit me up in private messages, I'm here to listen if needed. Hope things get better for you!

  5. #85
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    What an interesting night. Considering that at least three people claim to have been broken into last night(and two of them with items stolen), there's at least three theives of some kind. Whether any of them are aligned with the mafia is yet to be seem, however.

    Based on what we've heard so far, I think its likely that the mafia's ability to kill is through items. With such a small game, I think its likely that the mafia started out with no items and at least one thief. This would allow the town a greater chance of getting more time to scum hunt, while also having town-aligned thieves potentially steal back items from the town.

    However I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts on that theory as well.

    Also nothing was stolen from me and I was not broken into.
    I'm going to quote you even though you're not the only person to say it but I think it's worth stating: it is possible for someone to have a role and a thing. To be clear, I have a role and a thing. So that makes me doubt the notion that the Mafia can only kill with a thing. What is more likely is that the kill was blocked by, well, a thing.

    So the real question is this:

    Who had a thing last night, who used that thing (preferably to roleblock), and who did you use it on?

  6. #86
    Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    My Rightful Throne (not porcelain)

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    But before I go back and read, I'm just gonna drop this bombshell.

    I got a Guilty report on Huschel
    "Guilty" is an interesting result. Most Cop-type roles typically return Town or Not Town, right? What do you make of that?

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  7. #87
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    What is in that report? *curious*
    As a cop, I have the problematic ability of determining whether or not a person is guilty or innocent just by visiting them. I visited Huschel last night and was told that they are guilty, which means that they are not town-sided.

    Or which means I am a paranoid or insane cop.

    However, I like our odds:

    Vote Lynch: Huschel

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    "Guilty" is an interesting result. Most Cop-type roles typically return Town or Not Town, right? What do you make of that?
    I had the same thought, but it indeed said (paraphrasing) "The result of the investigation on Huschel is: Guilty" and not "Huschel is not sided with the town".

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    It's okay. If you want to vent about it, hit me up in private messages, I'm here to listen if needed. Hope things get better for you!
    Thanks! It's mostly just life stuff. I was laying down in bed then remembered this game was going and I was being terrible!

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    What is in that report? *curious*
    Just so that you know, and this is a message to all the players as well: generally speaking, a cop or investigator role should ONLY reveal themself to the group if they have received a guilty/scum report on somebody. It's generally bad practice for cops to reveal on an innocent report.

    Depending on what role you have you should also be careful not to reveal unless you have something damning or the situation calls for it!~

  8. #88
    Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    My Rightful Throne (not porcelain)

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    As a cop, I have the problematic ability of determining whether or not a person is guilty or innocent just by visiting them. I visited Huschel last night and was told that they are guilty, which means that they are not town-sided.

    Or which means I am a paranoid or insane cop.

    However, I like our odds:

    Vote Lynch: Huschel

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I had the same thought, but it indeed said (paraphrasing) "The result of the investigation on Huschel is: Guilty" and not "Huschel is not sided with the town".
    While I don't doubt your report, with all the item shenanigans going on I'm hesitant to act too quick. Definitely want to hear what Huschel has to say regarding why you got that result for fully piling on

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  9. #89
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    DAY TWO - UPDATE

    Eight players are alive, five votes are required to lynch.

    Huschel (1 vote): Kitsune Inferno

    40 hours remain.
    Last edited by Kirbycide; June 1st, 2021 at 12:06 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Thanks! It's mostly just life stuff. I was laying down in bed then remembered this game was going and I was being terrible!
    You're welcome! Well, I'm here for ya! And it's fine, I understand!

    Just so that you know, and this is a message to all the players as well: generally speaking, a cop or investigator role should ONLY reveal themself to the group if they have received a guilty/scum report on somebody. It's generally bad practice for cops to reveal on an innocent report.

    Depending on what role you have you should also be careful not to reveal unless you have something damning or the situation calls for it!~
    Oooo, I see now. I'm learning, I'm still a newbie at this. (I hope I'm doing well ><)

    Also.. I'm sorry Huschel... but I have to lynch you:

    Vote Lynch: Huschel

  11. #91
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    While I don't doubt your report, with all the item shenanigans going on I'm hesitant to act too quick. Definitely want to hear what Huschel has to say regarding why you got that result for fully piling on
    As you should. The most valuable insight we can get from a guilty report is how everyone reacts to it. Besides, we still haven't verified my sanity, which by definition, I cannot do alone.

    I went back to Day 1 to comb through Huschel's posts for anything useful I could glean. He's mainly been productive in discussions, but this is less of a read on Huschel as it is those who responded. I'm curious that nobody mentioned that Lylo on Day 3 is better than Day 2 because we'd have twice as much information from reports and night activities and such. At least, that's my answer to that question.

    Sky, you probably haven't read into this much, but Huschel seemed to direct a lot of questions at you yesterday, moreso than any other player. Now that Huschel's been accused of guilt, what do you make of that?

  12. #92

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Okay, I knew this neighborhood was sketchy and all, but I wasn't expecting this.

    Not sure what to say besides that I am a Townie. This is a bit disheartening because I know myself that we should lynch me today to verify KI's claim. I'd just really like to live a little bit longer, you know. I only just had time to set up my place...but that's what I get for trusting a blob. Again.

    So anyway. What I can do is contribute as much as I can

    1) Let's start with the larceny.

    Shuhan stole a thing from Jabs and they seem to be agreeing with each other that it is a one-time thing. That doesn't really prove either's innocence, but it's a start. Shuhan, what's your stance on Jabs considering what(ever) it is you stole?

    kmo was stolen from as well and so far nobody has fessed up to it. Bothersome. Can't really say much more about it right now.

    Star was NOT actually stolen from or visited as far as she knows? Did I get that right? Star, could you confirm one more time, please?

    2) Second item on the list is the no-kill. There's three major possibilities which have all been mentioned:

    - the mafia needs items to kill
    - the kill was prevented
    - the mafia decided bnot to kill

    I would disregard three because this is a very small game so any dead Townie would bring the mafia that much closer to victory.
    The mafia might be dependent on items. I'm not sure that really answers the question though. Wouldn't they use whatever kill item they have (see above)? It's possible that they have to acquire items first considering that we seem to have two (or more) thieves in this game.
    The kill being prevented is more likely to me right now. A power or an item may have saved soembody last night.

    3) Lastly, there's KI's report on me.

    He said it himself, you only claim when you get a guilty report and in turn, Town should follow along. When I flip Town, you will all chide each other and mourn a lot, but it will have been the right thing to do.
    KI is either insane/some variant of that or he is just lying. Which would be a very bold thing to do on day 2, I think. So I am leaning towards the former.

    4) Just one more thing: I do still have a beard. I don't think it's the same one what with all the hair being replaced over time. I call this the Going Merry Paradox.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  13. #93
    Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    My Rightful Throne (not porcelain)

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Huschel, just to be clear, you're saying you have no role or item and took no action last night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    2) Second item on the list is the no-kill. There's three major possibilities which have all been mentioned:

    - the mafia needs items to kill
    - the kill was prevented
    - the mafia decided bnot to kill

    I would disregard three because this is a very small game so any dead Townie would bring the mafia that much closer to victory.
    The mafia might be dependent on items. I'm not sure that really answers the question though. Wouldn't they use whatever kill item they have (see above)? It's possible that they have to acquire items first considering that we seem to have two (or more) thieves in this game.
    The kill being prevented is more likely to me right now. A power or an item may have saved soembody last night.
    My thought here regarding Option 3 is that the mafia may have decided not to kill because they took a different action instead. With no one fessing up to a second theft, it's entirely possible that Stealing an Item was a competing action with Nightkill and the mafia chose the former. It's also possible there's some other ability-confounding role involved too, like Bus Driver or some other BS, that was taken instead as well.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  14. #94

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Huschel, just to be clear, you're saying you have no role or item and took no action last night?
    No, I've been trying to say the opposite XD I have used my action last night and I do have an item.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  15. #95
    Hermit Sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the land of fanfiction~

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    As you should. The most valuable insight we can get from a guilty report is how everyone reacts to it. Besides, we still haven't verified my sanity, which by definition, I cannot do alone.

    I went back to Day 1 to comb through Huschel's posts for anything useful I could glean. He's mainly been productive in discussions, but this is less of a read on Huschel as it is those who responded. I'm curious that nobody mentioned that Lylo on Day 3 is better than Day 2 because we'd have twice as much information from reports and night activities and such. At least, that's my answer to that question.

    Sky, you probably haven't read into this much, but Huschel seemed to direct a lot of questions at you yesterday, moreso than any other player. Now that Huschel's been accused of guilt, what do you make of that?
    Well, to be honest, I didn't get that sense at all, so I also went back. These are posts Huschel made with questions in them(bolded). The only other post was a day 1-first post with flavor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    We can talk while I make us some margaritas, Sky. How are you enjoying the new living conditions?

    A co-op is fine, but I'm not sure I'm ready to be responsible for an apartment building.
    This was a response to my flavor post, and didn't really have substance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Oh hey. Time sure flies when you're...not doing a lot.

    Day 1 is always a kind of slog, I understand that, but I think we need to do a little bit more than just talk about the fact that we all agreed to have only KI's rent go up.


    Jabbers: Any reason beyond the obvious one for voting for KI?
    kmo: You said Day 1 is usually for speculating and not much more. Do you think that's the most productive thing to do? Under what circumstances would you take action on Day 1?


    That's disturbing...but I could probably make you a new one, I have my tools around here somewhere.
    Two questions of substance, directed towards Jabberwok and kmo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I agree that it's worth stating. Three mafia would be excessive and one would be sort of the opposite. I would lean towards one over three though. Anyway, it seems most likely that we're dealing with 2 mafia members. So yes, we would be at mylo* tomorrow. Which is not the worst situation to be in, but still pretty bad on day 2. With the other scenario, if we no lynch today and (mis)lynch tomorrow, we'd be at lylo** on day 3, correct?

    I'll just ask everybody right now then: Going with the scenarios described above, would you personally prefer mylo on day 2 or lylo on day 3?

    ----


    *mylo= 'mislynch or lose' which means if town lynches a person who ends up being innocent, the mafia automatically wins. Usually, the safe course of action at mylo is not to lynch at all
    ** lylo = 'lynch or lose' which means that town has to lynch a mafia member or lose automatically due to numbers
    A question for everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    What? Why would anyone ever shoot you to death?

    Thanks to everybody who answered my question. Everybody prefers the day 3 lylo which seems reasonable to me too. It wasn't a very hard question, but the amount of individual responses is encouraging.

    I will agree with jabs that having inactive people around just for town numbers isn't worth it or actually has an inverse effect like he has demonstrated. Then again, this game will probably be over in about three days anyway with only 8 people. So I don't think we will really have any choice. If there's inactive people, I feel like we just lose. So keep it up, everybody.

    Not me though, this might be my last post for today. :P
    This was the other 'question' directed towards me. It was in response to me referencing my past inactivity in games, and Huschel referenced shooting me with a gun as townie in a previous game.

    To be honest, I don't 'count' the flavor posts and don't think they're super relevant, especially from Day 1. So I will say I don't think more questions were directed towards me than anyone else.

    As for the guilty report, I agree that the most sensible option is to lynch Huschel to determine whether your report is accurate. However, I'd also like to know who else stole or attempted to steal items last night. I think it's interesting that only Shuhan has confessed, and that was before the possibility of more than 2 thieves. If no one else steps forward, I think that whoever stole kmo's item was mafia.


  16. #96
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Good job on getting a guilty report KI. But, what exactly is Huschel guilty of? Stealing? Playing loud music? Possessing blenders, and/ or cupboards? Seems excessive to lynch someone over these petty things but the town must do what the town must do... So, you can count on my vote.

    That just leaves No Swords who hasn't checked in today? Also Huschel, just to be clear, you didn't steal or were stolen from either, right? One more thing, since when you die, in all likelihood your thing will become useless (no joke), would you mind revealing what thing you have as well as the action you took last night? I am guessing that your item or action had nothing to do with the no kill last night? That makes me want to hear from no swords all the more.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Jabberwok, can you please confirm that you didn't steal, or attempt to steal last night? Also, did you have an item AND an ability?
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  17. #97

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    That just leaves No Swords who hasn't checked in today? Also Huschel, just to be clear, you didn't steal or were stolen from either, right? One more thing, since when you die, in all likelihood your thing will become useless (no joke), would you mind revealing what thing you have as well as the action you took last night? I am guessing that your item or action had nothing to do with the no kill last night? That makes me want to hear from no swords all the more.
    I didn't steal anything and nothing has been stolen from me. Sure, I might as well reveal the item. I have a vest that protects me from one kill. Not a lynch though :P

    I'll also reveal my ability since there's no reason to hide it at this point. I am an Artificer. Which means that I can use my action to make an item or to give away an item. I can either make a gun with one bullet or a vest just like the one I have. During N1 I decided to make a vest because I didn't want to introduce a gun when there's only 8 of us.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  18. #98
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I didn't steal anything and nothing has been stolen from me. Sure, I might as well reveal the item. I have a vest that protects me from one kill. Not a lynch though :P

    I'll also reveal my ability since there's no reason to hide it at this point. I am an Artificer. Which means that I can use my action to make an item or to give away an item. I can either make a gun with one bullet or a vest just like the one I have. During N1 I decided to make a vest because I didn't want to introduce a gun when there's only 8 of us.
    That's interesting. Because I did in fact steal from you. I got a lock pick, which already made me suspicious of you, but now I am almost sure that you are mafia. I am also confident that there is a townie role out there who can lock their door or something, which sucks for you mafia dudes because now you can't kill them.

    KI is probably not insane / paranoid / lying which means doc or whatever protection role we got, on him from now on.

    There are now 3 theives, me, Shuhan, and whoever stole from me.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  19. #99

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    That's interesting. Because I did in fact steal from you. I got a lock pick, which already made me suspicious of you, but now I am almost sure that you are mafia. I am also confident that there is a townie role out there who can lock their door or something, which sucks for you mafia dudes because now you can't kill them.

    KI is probably not insane / paranoid / lying which means doc or whatever protection role we got, on him from now on.

    There are now 3 theives, me, Shuhan, and whoever stole from me.
    Okay, I was fine with following the cop on this, but what is going on here? Why does it feel like somebody really wants me dead? Just to make this clear: I don't have a lock pick. I've never had a lock pick. If I wanted a lock pick, yes I could stay in and make one because I am what? An Artificer.

    But anyway, what you're telling me is that there are three people with the ability to steal among the 8 of us? And apparently I had a lock pick which would make me the 3rd thief? Do you also have a lock pick or was that stolen from you last night? Shuhan, can you confirm having such an item?

    I honestly have no clue what is happening. I don't know why the mafia would try so hard to get me killed, that doesn't really make any sense. So a team of kmo and KI is very unlikely. Unless they already know they can win during night 2, but that would be pretty silly. All I can speculate is that some other ability is in play that has been used to frame me. Maybe I was given an extra item that would make me appear guilty. I don't know and I don't really think it matters right now...

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Why would I lie about having been stolen from anyway? If I was mafia and knew somebody out there took my lock pick (which does sound suspicious) why wouldn't I try to spin that?

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  20. #100
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: Neighborhood Watch (Name Subject to Change) - A Mafia Game

    Hmm, interesting development.

    I can confirm that as a Thief, I did not start with an item. I would assume that if there were any other thieves around they would also not have an item.

    Between Huchel and Kmo, I want to lean towards Huschel only because while an artificer does jibe with this set up, It seems pretty op for either side.

    @Huschel: were you able to put the vest on or not?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts