+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,011: The Code of Sweet Beans

Default Chapter 1,011: The Code of Sweet Beans

Check it out!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009208

Some thoughts:

Spoiler:

- Killer vs Hawkins is interesting. Killer is a real man, Hawkins is a coward too fixated into chances to try any risky action. Killer defeating him will be awesome.
    - Big Mom keeps being the wild card. But she's not on the hero's side, let's see how it goes from here.
    - Page One is shown to be incredibly resilient. The guy was vulnerable and yet everything Nami and Usopp threw at him was almost useless. I wonder if this is meant for them to realise they still need to step up on their game.
    - So, what's Ulti going to do? She's reckless, but I have no doubt she can't do shit to Big Mom
    - Ulti, Zeus and Nami all nearby each other. Seems like next fight to be set up, as well as Kid vs BM.
    - I wonder what Usopp is going to do. Probably go with Tama to the main stage?
    - I don't think Page One is getting up any time soon. But he may yet have a role ahead. His defeat opens up Usopp to fight someone more interesting, IMO.
    - With BM running amok and Perospero around, I feel the chances of BM Pirates arriving is increasing in each chapter.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Default Re: Chapter 1,011: The Code of Sweet Beans

Looks like the official translation also missed the implictions of Kaido's line regarding Luffy's smile.

The Kaidou dialogue was translated differently than what Sandman have said. Interesting.

edit: beaten, although I don't if they missed it or Sandman did.

So now base Luffy is equal to hybrid Kaido... When a couple of moments prior he got one shot again.. Oda and his incosistency this arc has been at an all time high.

I always thought Big Mom would betray Kaido but not because she's friend with Tama but because pirates take advantage of situations.. So now this tensionless arc will become even more tensionless.

Luffy is stronger than Kaido

Big Mom will just stomp everyone now

Marco can easily handle King and Queen at the same time.

This war officially sucks ass. So much for the climax of the entire post skip narrative being awesome. Instead we got a walk in the park.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Looks like the official translation also missed the implictions of Kaido's line regarding Luffy's smile.
    What did Sandman say ? I'm banned from the spoiler section.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Essentially, Kaido implies that something happens the more Luffy smiles. It's why Luffy has a question mark in one of the panels, as he's confused about what Kaido is implying.

sandman believes Kaido is referring to the Will of D. in some manner, as there's a theory that the "D" is a smile.

Kaido: Looks like you're enjoying this fight...
    The more desperate situation you're thrown into, the more you laugh.
    And the more you laugh, you......

Luffy: ?

Maybe Kaido wanted to say, "The more you laugh, the stronger people with D middle name will get...!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Essentially, Kaido implies that something happens the more Luffy smiles. It's why Luffy has a question mark in one of the panels, as he's confused about what Kaido is implying.

sandman believes Kaido is referring to the Will of D. in some manner, and that smiling may cause Luffy to get a boost somehow.
    I really don't know what to think of this. Just please not another boost, he's already Kaido's equal in base.

Thanks anyway.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Kaido: Looks like you're enjoying this fight...
    The more desperate situation you're thrown into, the more you laugh.
    And the more you laugh, you......

Luffy: ?

Maybe Kaido wanted to say, "The more you laugh, the stronger people with D middle name will get...!!
    So he does imply something at least.. Hopefully we find out soon. Thanks.

Anyone else think Tama will convince Big Mom to let Zeus free to stay with Nami instead of destroying him

Chapter 1,011 Color Spread creation!!!

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...89815591657477

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sibersk Esto View Post
    Anyone else think Tama will convince Big Mom to let Zeus free to stay with Nami instead of destroying him
    This will depend of how her DF actually works, but I don't think Tama can convince her to willingly hand out a weapon that is supossedly made of her own lifespan to an enemy crew who wrecked her turf.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

That was a pretty neat chapter. I personally had brushed off Big Mom's time as "O-Lin" and personality change more than some people did, and it seems like it'll be playing a large role after all. This chapter provided some interesting insights into Big Mom's character. From reading the spoilers initially, I had thought that the "O-Lin" personality might have been buried within Big Mom and magically manifested due to seeing Tama, but things ended up playing in a much more natural, but also more complicated, way.

For one thing, it'd certainly have been better if this "mother mode" had been better clarified earlier, from what we've seen so far it doesn't contradict anything, but there was not really any indication that that was a thing as the only times we saw her interacting with little kids was the Anana scene in Ch. 845 and her adventures with Tama (when we were under the impression she was under more of an alternate personality). Her reaction to Okobore Town being destroyed also raises some questions over how her relationship with the townsfolk relates to her interactions with other places like, say, Fish-Man Island. Since she was enraged that the place that gave her food was destroyed, would she have responded with the same vengeance towards people who attack Fish-Man Island that provides her with candy? On the flip side, would Big Mom burn down Okobore Town if she went back there and they didn't have any food for her? It was pretty well established that she would destroy Fish-Man Island if they failed to supply her with the required candy, not to mention how at the beginning of the WCI arc she massacred 3 separate islands just to obtain wedding cake ingredients (which makes her statement about there being a "code of honor" among pirates feel rather ironic in a sense).

Of course, there also is the aspect of Fish-Man Island being in a business relationship with Big Mom, while Big Mom's interaction with Okobore Town was much more personal. It's definitely interesting to think about and I hope we can get more insight into what Big Mom's "code of honor" is and how it might be developing.

And man, with how many friends and subjects she's making you'd think that Tama is a Conqueror's Haki user.

Spoiler:

Base Luffy fighting hybrid Kaido equally, is indeed, troublesome !

Everyone is comparing it to a "dragon ball moment", and well, it doesn't make me wanna start DBZ if it's like this
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    This will depend of how her DF actually works, but I don't think Tama can convince her to willingly hand out a weapon that is supossedly made of her own lifespan to an enemy crew who wrecked her turf.
    She seemed pretty clear about seeing Zeus as a liability and designing Hera as a replacement. If Nami could hold on to him before, when Big Mom wasn’t willing to give him up, then I could see her going “fine, take him I don’t care. Thanks again Tama”.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

This war officially sucks ass. So much for the climax of the entire post skip narrative being awesome. Instead we got a walk in the park.
    Hawkins says Killer has a 92% chance of dying and I rather highly doubt it's just due to facing him. This fight is far from won.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    That was a pretty neat chapter. I personally had brushed off Big Mom's time as "O-Lin" and personality change more than some people did, and it seems like it'll be playing a large role after all. This chapter provided some interesting insights into Big Mom's character. From reading the spoilers initially, I had thought that the "O-Lin" personality might have been buried within Big Mom and magically manifested due to seeing Tama, but things ended up playing in a much more natural, but also more complicated, way.

For one thing, it'd certainly have been better if this "mother mode" had been better clarified earlier, from what we've seen so far it doesn't contradict anything, but there was not really any indication that that was a thing as the only times we saw her interacting with little kids was the Anana scene in Ch. 845 and her adventures with Tama (when we were under the impression she was under more of an alternate personality). Her reaction to Okobore Town being destroyed also raises some questions over how her relationship with the townsfolk relates to her interactions with other places like, say, Fish-Man Island. Since she was enraged that the place that gave her food was destroyed, would she have responded with the same vengeance towards people who attack Fish-Man Island that provides her with candy? On the flip side, would Big Mom burn down Okobore Town if she went back there and they didn't have any food for her? It was pretty well established that she would destroy Fish-Man Island if they failed to supply her with the required candy, not to mention how at the beginning of the WCI arc she massacred 3 separate islands just to obtain wedding cake ingredients (which makes her statement about there being a "code of honor" among pirates feel rather ironic in a sense).

Of course, there also is the aspect of Fish-Man Island being in a business relationship with Big Mom, while Big Mom's interaction with Okobore Town was much more personal. It's definitely interesting to think about and I hope we can get more insight into what Big Mom's "code of honor" is and how it might be developing.

And man, with how many friends and subjects she's making you'd think that Tama is a Conqueror's Haki user.
    If someone attacked Fishman Island while it was under her protection, she absolutely would’ve retaliated, if only to save face.

Interesting to see what sandman has to say now haha.
    We did check over the line, after sandman commented cuz... he's sandman after all, and our translator did acknowledge that sandman is actually right, hence we changed it. The official is throwing an interesting curveball now... We'll wait & see^^

By the way, seems like Page One has his old tail back. Likely a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Hawkins says Killer has a 92% chance of dying and I rather highly doubt it's just due to facing him. This fight is far from won.
    Hawkins said someone has 1% chance of surviving yet we have seen nothing except the beast pirates getting wrecked. So nobody cares about what Hawkins says

Author Comments 4/25/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/manga...ngs-04-25-2021

Eiichiro Oda

Watching comedian Kojima-san’s YouTube channel with my family is so peaceful. This guy is seriously at peace!

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Sibersk Esto View Post
    She seemed pretty clear about seeing Zeus as a liability and designing Hera as a replacement. If Nami could hold on to him before, when Big Mom wasn’t willing to give him up, then I could see her going “fine, take him I don’t care. Thanks again Tama”.
    Or she could pick up the remaining life years she lost creating Hera/Zeus. Again, we need to know how her fruit works around her soul homies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information