+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,011: The Code of Sweet Beans

Default Re: Chapter 1,011: The Code of Sweet Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Kind of looks right to me. I may have to go in and edit your username rahz mah boy
    And nobody will tell the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    So big mom didn't use advanced coc punch on the 5 supernovas but she used it on page1. Proof that either page1 is a bigger threat or the yonkous were never fully serious with the 5 or else they would be dead fast.
    Nah, that's just your everyday Subtle Haki Introduction (tm) by story standards. "Until 2 chapters ago I didn't know what to do with CoC other than knock out fodder and spectacular clashes, but now I've had a eureka moment everyone and their sister will use it". Then Oda grabs himself a beer and watches in amusement as the fanbase argues for weeks as to whether or not this had been foreshadowed all along since chapter 1.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Here ya go, mate.
    Thanks heaps
    Hopefully we get it today or tomorrow,6.24 am in Thailand

Judging this within the context of volume 100, this chapter was very much just "fine" to me. I liked the Hera development, that was really cool and pretty much solidifies Nami getting Zeus, which is awesome. The Kaido vs Luffy pages were cool looking but didn't really move anything along. Hope Oda will end volume 100 with a bang. It must suck to be in Oda's shoes sometimes, I can't imagine volume 100 of Hajime no Ippo for example got this sort of scrutiny, but that's what happens when you're still writing high quality scenes of such a long-running iconic series.

Someone was discussing Usopp's pop greens, yeah I'm glad we're getting back to those, those are one of those things where Oda's post-timeskip vagueness works against him. We all kind of assumed he'd eventually get to the actual parameters of everybody's training, but that never really happened with Usopp. He's just constantly like "here's this green that works for this specific situation! here's this one! and this one!" and it's just kind of insane the amazing utility they have for such a wide variety of situations. It works with the plant theme but it's just one of those things where suspension of disbelief is cast to the wayside, I personally think Dressrosa is the absolute latest we should've understood everything the timeskip training offered the Straw Hats, so Usopp has multiple moments where he uses the greens there, and has some moment like "I've used all my greens! There's nothing else in my arsenal!" As it is now it just kind of is what it is, and there were still moments in pre-timeskip where he'd like, pull out those shurikens vs Luffy for example and we didn't know about those, but still. I'm making this out to be a much bigger problem than I really feel it is with all the text, but it still is somewhat irksome.
    Croc or Enel would never.
    Wanna see the "ancient civilization destroyed" thing done really well? FFXIV did a great take on it. The bar's high for One Piece to beat.

The color spread in previous draft designs:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'll be interested to see if Stephen has anything to say about it on the podcast. It does feel like an odd thing to leave out.
    It seems Stephen replied to a tweet about Kaido's line. Not sure about podcast, though.

everything gets reexamined for the volumes when it gets to that stage.
    we tweak everything that needs it
    source: https://twitter.com/translatosaurus/...91806121758723

In case some people consider I'm kinda disrespectful to Viz, I showed my appreciation to them via my Japanese Twitter account in January :)
    https://twitter.com/sandman_alt/stat...16062601482240

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    It seems Stephen replied to a tweet about Kaido's line. Not sure about podcast, though.

source: https://twitter.com/translatosaurus/...91806121758723

In case some people consider I'm kinda disrespectful to Viz, I showed my appreciation to them via my Japanese Twitter account in January :)
    https://twitter.com/sandman_alt/stat...16062601482240
    Cheers for the twitter link. I would have liked to know more about the thought process behind the omission, but at least it's being acknowledged.

Unfortunately, he wasn't on the podcast this week. Frustrating week to have skipped it, when it's the only real source of official translation commentary we get, but what can you do.

(I definitely don't read any disrespect into the way you brought this point up.)

Yeah Usopp pop greens have not been really interesting so far. That's why I think people expected so much about a duo with Nami.
    Well I'm still hopeful we will have it. Oda always give Usopp some shining moments

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    Nope that’s not it. It is just the usual shananigans by Oda. Nobody was using CoC attacks until it was introduced with Roger and Whitebeard and nobody was using it still till Luffy learned it and started using it. Now the others yonkos are using it. It’s typical shananigans by Oda, just like the Haki fiasco during the marineford war. And then you have these Oda lovers claiming his greatness.
    Just because Oda didn't illustrated the black lightnings/longer reach in their attacks, it doesn't proof that they weren't using it before Luffy started to get hang of it. Kinda like how nobody were turning black their fists and blades at the pre-ts when using CoA before it was explained at the very last chapter. I'm pretty sure Kaido used it at the first Thunder Bagua he did it in Kuri.

And what Marinefor Haki fiasco is this?

I think we can presume that the cracking of Whitebeard's ship when Shanks boarded is also a manifestation of this advanced haki or at least doens't make this new development an asspul. It was hinted that what he was using was CoC and up until then things didn't break when a user uses CoC. If Shanks CoC is so strong it alone can crack ships than one can anly imagine the damage it would do when infused into an CoA attack.

Strange things is though that CoC is directly related to ones ambition. So what is Shanks' ambition than? Him betting everything on the new age doesn't sound so ambitious to me. I still think Shanks isn't necessarily the good guy he's made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

And what Marinefor Haki fiasco is this?
    Indeed, Akainu's little comment "haki users" about the top commanders in Whitebeard's crew as if he was surprised they could use haki seems quite ridiculous now.
    Last edited by flandrian15; April 27th, 2021 at 04:17 AM.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    Strange things is though that CoC is directly related to ones ambition. So what is Shanks' ambition than? Him betting everything on the new age doesn't sound so ambitious to me. I still think Shanks isn't necessarily the good guy he's made out to be.
    Shanks is interested in something at Laugh Tale, or at least he thought that something he wanted was at Laugh Tale.

That's the only reason he would cry about whatever Roger said to him. That's pretty much the only hint of a goal we have about him.

Indeed, Akainu's little comment "haki users" about the top commanders in Whitebeard's crew as if he was surprised they could use haki seems quite ridiculous now.
    I thought the comment was more about Haki being bothersome to him rather than the users in question.

Honest question how can you guys be excited for the rest of this arc ? Big Mom just randomly punches P1 and wrecks him (No way he gets back up) Zeus just randomly got around Nami's vicinity so she can be used to knock out Ulti (heck Nami might even use Hera), Sasaki hasnt been any impressive against Franky, Black Maria stands no chance against Robin and Brook (Brook is a hard counter against her), doubt Who's Who will do anything big against Jinbe also. He'll most likely be used as a hype tool for the awesome warlord that Jinbe has been repeatedly stated to be. Climbing up the ranks, Jack just constantly loses (there is no point in him fighting anymore, don't know what Oda is thinking) King and Queen are constantly being trolled and were being wrecked by Marco on his lonesome. To rub salt into the wound, Queen, the 1,3 billion bounty pirate gets hurt by freaking Chopper of all people. Going to the general of the Beasts Pirates and supposedly strongest creature that can't die, the guy whom Oda said that Luffy beating him by simply punching him strongly enough is bullshit, that same guy in his strongest form (hybrid) is being handled by base Luffy (no gears for fucks sake) like he's Don Chinjao where Luffy didn't need to go all out.

For crying out loud, this war was against 2 Yonko and the 2 Yonko haven't managed to get a single fucking win except for Kaido vs the scabbards which honestly amounted to nothing since the scabbards are back in action, more determined than ever. Hyogoro survives for no reason, the samurai are completely fine, the straw hats except for Zoro are unhurt, Tama has wrecked the forces of the enemy side.

This is the arc Oda hyped us for ? This is the biggest fight yet in OP and the strongest adversary ever as he said ? No, this is a freaking walk in the park, Enel and Doflamingo on their lonesome were more threating than the beasts pirates combined.

Good job Oda for ruining your series. This arc for certain now absolutely sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Honest question how can you guys be excited for the rest of this arc ? Big Mom just randomly punches P1 and wrecks him (No way he gets back up) Zeus just randomly got around Nami's vicinity so she can be used to knock out Ulti (heck Nami might even use Hera), Sasaki hasnt been any impressive against Franky, Black Maria stands no chance against Robin and Brook (Brook is a hard counter against her), doubt Who's Who will do anything big against Jinbe also. He'll most likely be used as a hype tool for the awesome warlord that Jinbe has been repeatedly stated to be. Climbing up the ranks, Jack just constantly loses (there is no point in him fighting anymore, don't know what Oda is thinking) King and Queen are constantly being trolled and were being wrecked by Marco on his lonesome. To rub salt into the wound, Queen, the 1,3 billion bounty pirate gets hurt by freaking Chopper of all people. Going to the general of the Beasts Pirates and supposedly strongest creature that can't die, the guy whom Oda said that Luffy beating him by simply punching him strongly enough is bullshit, that same guy in his strongest form (hybrid) is being handled by base Luffy (no gears for fucks sake) like he's Don Chinjao where Luffy didn't need to go all out.

For crying out loud, this war was against 2 Yonko and the 2 Yonko haven't managed to get a single fucking win except for Kaido vs the scabbards which honestly amounted to nothing since the scabbards are back in action, more determined than ever. Hyogoro survives for no reason, the samurai are completely fine, the straw hats except for Zoro are unhurt, Tama has wrecked the forces of the enemy side.

This is the arc Oda hyped us for ? This is the biggest fight yet in OP and the strongest adversary ever as he said ? No, this is a freaking walk in the park, Enel and Doflamingo on their lonesome were more threating than the beasts pirates combined.

Good job Oda for ruining your series. This arc for certain now absolutely sucks.
    I don't give a fuck about fights, never have, never will, that's not the reason why I'm reading One Piece.
    I enjoy the story, the characters and take it as it comes, fights are just incidental.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    I don't give a fuck about fights, never have, never will, that's not the reason why I'm reading One Piece.
    I enjoy the story, the characters and take it as it comes, fights are just incidental.
    Sorry bro but fights are an integral part of this series. People should stop saying fights don't matter. Conflicts in this series are resolved by fighting. This series is built as a fight for supremacy in the ocean and one of the biggest empires in the world (Kaido's) looks like it's some amusement park.

Sorry bro but fights are an integral part of this series. People should stop saying fights don't matter. Conflicts in this series are resolved by fighting. This series is built as a fight for supremacy in the ocean and one of the biggest empires in the world (Kaido's) looks like it's some amusement park.
    So, you are telling me that I'm reading it wrong... damn I've been doing it wrong for over 15 years, thank god you cleared that up... thank you...

I'm not saying fights don't matter in the series, I'm saying that I don't give a shit about them, even if Luffy would be able to kill people by snapping his finger, I won't give a shit as long as the story progresses and the characters are enjoyable...
    That's how I read it, that's what I care about... stop dictating how to read One Piece, for fucks sake...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    So, you are telling me that I'm reading it wrong... damn I've been doing it wrong for over 15 years, thank god you cleared that up... thank you...

I'm not saying fights don't matter in the series, I'm saying that I don't give a shit about them, even if Luffy would be able to kill people by snapping his finger, I won't give a shit as long as the story progresses and the characters are enjoyable...
    That's how I read it, that's what I care about... stop dictating how to read One Piece, for fucks sake...
    I said that fights are an integral part. You can like the series however you want but the kind of series you are speaking about now seems more like Fairy Tail rather than One Piece. High stakes, big conflicts, incredible enemies are some of the reasons this series was amazing in the past. We don't see those things now.

Heck even regarding the story, Oda has been highly inconsistent with it. Many things didn't tie in well during Wano.

I said that fights are an integral part.
    Play that same song, alright same song, here we go...
    I said I don't care about figths. I'm only talking about me, myself and I....

You can like the series however you want but the kind of series you are speaking about now seems more like Fairy Tail rather than One Piece. High stakes, big conflicts, incredible enemies are some of the reasons this series was amazing in the past. We don't see those things now.
    Can't say anything about that, never read nor watched Fairy Tail \_(ツ)_/.

Clearly One Piece can't satisfy your desire for conflicts and fights and deaths and what not, so how about you accept the fact, that for you, it never will be what it was, and you should learn to deal with it in a manner where you aren't going on everyone's nerves week in and week out. You post the same shit every chapter over and over again, why? We know you don't like it, we know, and we don't care about it, just leave the people alone let them enjoy it as they do, and stop forcing your opinion on other people. Why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that some people have different reasons to enjoy it?

Sorry for the harsh words but seriously dude... your point of view is not the only one and it sure as hell isn't the right one, because there is no right or wrong... try to deal with it and stop annoying everybody.
    Last edited by Zhenja; April 27th, 2021 at 02:11 PM.

He's not annoying anybody. They do it to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I mean Whitebeard has it and his ambition seems to just be I want a family and also I want to protect them. So "ambition" is a pretty bs description.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I dont think the power level make no senseand I think Oda use Big Mom poorly. But I've learned to not care for it and just enjoy the ride instead. Zoro looked incredebly cool during the team up. I enjoy the combos the supernovas were doing on Big Mom. And I enjoy Big Mom bitchslapping Kidd. And she looks cute with Tama. I say stop caring for good structure and instead enjoy the small moments.

I have had arcs I disliked I wouldnt say they ruin the series. Next arc could be great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information