+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,011: The Code of Sweet Beans

Default Re: Chapter 1,011: The Code of Sweet Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiere View Post
    "Man, i'm glad Big Mom came along and defeated page one saving usopp and nami, they could never beat him on their own. it's not like they ever defeated opponents way stronger then them by outsmarting them before. They don't have conqueror's haki after all".
    To be honest, I don't dislike that Big Mom butted in. I would, however, have prefered by far if it had been at least partly caused by Nami and Usopp's trickstery instead of having Tama be their plot armor again and again. They would at least have earned some credit, whereas right now it's one convenience after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Yeah, I'm surprised not only the unofficial but also the professional translator did the same mistranslation..

Kaido is implying if Luffy (or Will of Ds?) laughs more, "something" will happen.
    For example, "The more you laugh, the stronger Will of Ds will get".
    Oda is deliberately hiding what Kaido said here.
    This line is so important that JP fans already enjoy discussing it.

I've heard a theory from some people that D is just short for the smiley emoticon (:D)
    because almost everyone carrying the Will of D dies with a smile on their face.
    I'd say, at least the unofficial corrected it within an hour

Quote Originally Posted by huron View Post
    Still unclear to me how D is related
    Would you care to elaborate,please?because it seems mere speculation otherwise

And can someone post the spoiler schedule again?
    Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Here ya go, mate.
    And just to note, Oda's breaks are separate from Jump's breaks, so it's more likely there will be a break between 1013 and 14, rather than 14 and 15.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    And just to note, Oda's breaks are separate from Jump's breaks, so it's more likely there will be a break between 1013 and 14, rather than 14 and 15.
    Speaking of those chapters, with volume 100 being 1005-1014 (or even up to 1015), I wonder what else next weeks will bring us. So far, volume 100 has gotten quite sone developments:

- Teasing Robin’s 1st fight in ages
    - A wild Perospero appears
    - Marco’s badassery against Queen and King
    - Chopper curing Ice Demon plague and punching Queen
    - Kanjuro and Orochi alive
    - Jack vs Inu
    - Yonko combo attack
    - Supernova teaming up against Big Mom
    - Zoro’s Conqueror haki
    - Luffy finds out the secret of Conqueror haki
    - Hera
    - Killer vs Hawkins
    - Big Mom beats Page One.

With three (Maybe 4) chapters remaining in this volume, I’m feeling the biggest surprises are yet to come.
    I’ve been expecting the end of Act 3 each time a volume is near its final chapters. Maybe this will finally be it? (Or not, and I’m wrong again, lol)
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiere View Post
    "aw shit, i don't have any affective close range weapon. I mean, i did have the impact dial, which was my bread and butter 2 years ago and that would be incredibly usefull right now, but when i realised i couldn't fit both it and the pinecones that explode in flashy pretty flowers in my bag, the choice seemed obvious to me"
    Didn't Usopp only used that dial once against Luffy? How would that be his bread and butter?

I really prefered dials with established capacities that could be conbined with other things over the current “magic seeds that do whatever the plot demands”. Most pop green effects could be replaced by fairly mundane alternatives, like bombs or flaming ammo. They are also not particularly strong, just versatile.

Impact dial was seriously under-utilized. Usopp only used it against Luffy and Perona. I’d love to see him absorb Ulti’s headbutt now.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Didn't Usopp only used that dial once against Luffy? How would that be his bread and butter?
    I honestly remembered him using it in other ocasions, but can't find those anywhere, so i guess that part was an overblown hyperbole on my part.
    The whole point still stands though. He totally had effective close range weapons in his arsenal, and had the time to work on the blatant drawbacks like all the other SH did on their weak points during the timeskip.
    But he chose pinecones, apparently.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

He did use it against the hippo zombie when fighting Perona, right? Or was that anime filler?

Thinking about how can they outsmart these two brutes is what makes the match up interesting. I mean even at the most basic you could use trickery to get Ulti to headbutt pay-pay in the face. Trying to just shoot stronger things at them like Oda has them doing now would go nowhere, they need to dig down into a real battle and have them do mirage tempo style illusions, teamwork traps like Jinbei and Robin got in on BM, use counters/re-directing attacks, using aim to make them swallow explosives/drugs, make use of the enviroment etc etc. Just thinking about a classic Usopp style match like that gets me salivating. Old school One Piece fun

Btw, any guesses what kind of command Sugar Tama is going to give to the Gifters?

Yeah, I'm also pretty heart-broken that the dials seem to be all used up. I thought the Impact Dial was a terrific work around for Usopp's weakness.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

So big mom didn't use advanced coc punch on the 5 supernovas but she used it on page1. Proof that either page1 is a bigger threat or the yonkous were never fully serious with the 5 or else they would be dead fast.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    So what? She came closer to dying in the last chapter than any other time during Whole Cake.
    So what? She didn't know Kid was going to be in Wano... she was after Luffy, and he is the sole reason why she is there, right now.
    That's all I'm saying, nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Pay attention to the subtext when Big Mom warned Kaido she was going to Wano.

Then what she does once she reckognizes Queen.
    Then what she says to Perospero when he questions the alliance.

This entire setup is her idea. She's not in Wano just for Luffy's head.
    So, Big Mom suddenly felt a disturbance in the force and called Kaido after what 30-40 years? Yeah, Luffy wasn't the sole reason why she called Kaido, why she went to Wano, she wasn't going after Luffy at all...

Pay attention to the actual text...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Thinking about how can they outsmart these two brutes is what makes the match up interesting. I mean even at the most basic you could use trickery to get Ulti to headbutt pay-pay in the face. Trying to just shoot stronger things at them like Oda has them doing now would go nowhere, they need to dig down into a real battle and have them do mirage tempo style illusions, teamwork traps like Jinbei and Robin got in on BM, use counters/re-directing attacks, using aim to make them swallow explosives/drugs, make use of the enviroment etc etc. Just thinking about a classic Usopp style match like that gets me salivating. Old school One Piece fun
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Btw, any guesses what kind of command Sugar Tama is going to give to the Gifters?
    Knowing her charachter, probably mass suicide.
    Like, they all line up and each one seconds the previous' seppuku, so that in the end only one gets to live and spread to the world the word of what horror befalls those who oppose O-Tama the Terrible.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    So what? She didn't know Kid was going to be in Wano... she was after Luffy, and he is the sole reason why she is there, right now.
    That's all I'm saying, nothing more nothing less.
    Like Rahz said, Big Mom has the attention span of a toddler. She will always move on to the next thing to be outraged about.

Notice how she completely ignores Nami despite said character's involvement in her assassination plot and stealing Zeus, which was one of the reasons the she came to Wano as well.
    Last edited by King Cannon; April 26th, 2021 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    While a simple "Please stop/defeat Kaido" seems easy enough and believable from Tama, l think we'll bring back a classic "Please stop all this fighting!" Or something similar from the naive, sweet little girl.

Although I wonder if Tama's little voice can actually speak loudly enough to reach all the gifters around the castle. Even just at the live floor, that's where some of the most noise should be. Maybe some blonde guy's gonna come in at that point and reveal he took over the sound/security system? Or maybe Apoo see what's happening and decides it'd be the perfect "fuck you" to Queen to amplify the little girl's voice?

Oda's full illustration for the magazine cover:

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    So big mom didn't use advanced coc punch on the 5 supernovas but she used it on page1. Proof that either page1 is a bigger threat or the yonkous were never fully serious with the 5 or else they would be dead fast.
    Nope that’s not it. It is just the usual shananigans by Oda. Nobody was using CoC attacks until it was introduced with Roger and Whitebeard and nobody was using it still till Luffy learned it and started using it. Now the others yonkos are using it. It’s typical shananigans by Oda, just like the Haki fiasco during the marineford war. And then you have these Oda lovers claiming his greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Like Rahz said, Big Mom has the attention span of a toddler. She will always move on to the next thing to be outraged about.

Notice how she completely ignores Nami despite said character's involvement in her assassination plot and stealing Zeus, which was one of the reasons the she came to Wano as well.
    (There's a Yugioh monster named Field-Commander Rahz, tho.)

I find said personality trait quite convenient, btw. Especially when it helps keeping our good guys out of tight spots.

BM is all kinds of random other than that, as well. Unstable, prone to amnesia, gets side tracked by sweets and children easily. Then again, women, am I right? *fist bump*
    Sure hope nobody kisses her, she might faint for the rest of the arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Kind of looks right to me. I may have to go in and edit your username rahz mah boy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information