+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite female characters

Default Re: Favorite female characters

Lina Inverse from Slayers.
    Greedy, selfish, and violent but smart, wicked powerful, and a true friend. One of the best anime protagonists ever.

Hidden:

NNID: jervinnectar

Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat, one of the best romantic comedy protagonists in anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Lina Inverse from Slayers.
    Greedy, selfish, and violent but smart, wicked powerful, and a true friend. One of the best anime protagonists ever.
    Slayers is good Nectar? I been keeping in my backlog and had downloaded the anime. Should I give it a go?

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Slayers is good Nectar? I been keeping in my backlog and had downloaded the anime. Should I give it a go?
    Yes, yes, yes! I don't want to overhype it but it's one of my favorite anime series ever. I'm especially a huge fan of the series' lore and world.
    But, this is coming from someone who watched it when it first came out way back when.

Also, I don't remember the 4th and 5th seasons (I consider both one season) which came years later being on par with the first three. Mainly because I felt they were mostly a re-hash of the first season. I've read a couple of the Slayers manga and looked up what happened in the light novels and ANY of that turned into those seasons would've been much better.

Lastly, don't forget about the movies and specials! Most of them take place before the start of the main series but you don't have to watch them before the TV show (They're self-contained stories.) Naga the Serpent is in most of them who's a great foil for Lina.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by DatYute View Post
    Man I forgot how great Kubo's character designs are.
    Yeah, his designs for the female characters tend to be pretty stylish and striking.

There are the usual suspects, because I'm an alltime fan of them: Robin, Hange, Alita, Ika Musume, the Major.

I'd add Yotsuba and Tae (Zombie Land Saga) but that is just some major protective instinct kicking in from my part.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Well on the more obscure side, I liked Natsuki Kisumi and Rina Takaoka from Natsuki Crisis. Such a strong martial artist/wrestler pairing in both capability and personality.

Spoiler:

Sophia and Helena from Eden: It´s an Endless World, the Major (both from movies and tv show), Shiki Ryougi from Kara no Kyoukai, Armstrong and Izumi from FMA, Nodame from Nodame Cantabile, Miria (and Isaac) from Baccano, Nausicaä, Togame from Katanagatari, Holo from Spice and Wolf, Kino from Kino no Tabi, Tanya from Youjo Senki, Balalaika from Black Lagoon...

Fujiko from Lupin III, she's such a delightful bitch

Iria from Iria: Zeiram The Animation:

Lina Inverse (Slayers), hands down. Not only is she a good character in Slayers he's a great character overall in all manga because she totally breaks with the mold and that with a rather old series.

Amelia also (Slayers). Honestly her heroic entrance thing never fails to put a smile on my face.

Izumi Curtis aka Ed and Als teacher (Fullmetal Alchemist). Badass character with her own tragic backstory. So glad that she actually got something to do in the manga unlike in the first anime that had no idea where to put such an op character in.

Olivia Mira Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist). Yet another badass character in the series. Liked how Louis Armstrong is actually the cub in this pair of siblings.

Nobara Kugisaki (Jujutsu Kaisen). Headstrong, sometimes totally clueless about the things going on around her and also super badass.

Maki Zenin (Jujutsu Kaisen). Awesome, just awesome. A super badass with lots of personality and a good backstory that makes you see where she's coming from.

Shizuku Murasaki (Hunter x Hunter). Erm... she's just my type I guess if it's ok to say something like that.^^' But I also loved how she was actually super strong when she met Gon and Kilua for no reason (only for us later to find out she's one of the Troupe). And then plus points for not even remembering having lost to Gon respectively ever meeting him.

Casca (Berserk). I know she was out of the picture most of the time after the Golden Age arc but my god was she awesome there.

Asirpa (Golden Kamui). Such an amazing strong little girl. No wonder she's having her own Asirpa harem which is an accomplishment in a series full of testosterone dudes.

Mikasa Ackermann (Attack on Titan). Yet another badass character that even with her blind loyalty to Eren didn't shy away from doing what needed to be done in the end.

Sasha Blouse (Attack on Titan). Her unapologetic love for food hits me on so many personal levels that I just cannot have her not featured in a list like this.

I'm sure that there are more but these are the ones from the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Yes! Yes! YES! This series is a true classic and an absolute must see. Of course it doesn't compare to the standards we are used from anime and manga nowadays just like Dragonball was a child of its time and is fondly remembered for it. However even with that in mind it's not a bad series and quite fun so definitely go and give it a watch. For me it's one of the series that actually got my love for Japan and not just for anime/manga burning (to the degree that I'm living there right now^^).

I'm going to second (or third?) Slayers.

Slayers is best. My all time favorite anime.

Even though the question was asked back in April.

Obvious picks from FMA and Berserk and Ghibli, no need to name those.

Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo.
    Aisha Clan Clan from Outlaw Star.
    Yawara the fashionable Judo girl.
    Sana from Kodocma No Omocha.
    Princess Kahm from Outlanders.
    Mian from Caravaan Kidd.
    Excel from Excel Saga.
    Tsu from MHA.
    The entire cast of Azumanga Daioh.
    Sailors Mercury and Jupiter.
    Holo from Spice and Wolf.
    Miruru from Tenchi Ni Narumon.
    Leona from Dominion Tank Police.
    Lime from Saber Marionettes.
    Merle from Trigun.

A bunch of other older anime characters that the general audience of this board is too young for. WIth your Demon Slayers and Jujutsu Kaisens and your Yugiohs.
    Last edited by Robby; October 25th, 2021 at 06:18 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information