+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,010: Color of the Supreme King

Default Re: Chapter 1,010: Color of the Supreme King

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    His support has been key multiple times though. Even Kaido himself is saying his abilities are throwing him off.
    Yeah, but I don't think he can keep up with either Luffy or Kaido to be of use, and Shambles is already getting old. Plus, I think we need space for others like Yamato to join in and keep the fight interesting.

This is less story and more Oda just moving on from Ope Ope tactics against Kaido. He's already drawn everything he could regarding Law facing Kaido.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Thee story would let us know it if it was the case. Last page showed Law in a far better condition than Zoro. He wasn't even dirty or bleeding like really damaged characters are often presented.
    Again, this is less story reasons and more Oda's personal ones. If he wants Law away from the battle, it's because he's already made every interesting decision involving him in the fight. He needs room for new characters to butt in.

When Kaido renders the vast majority of Law's moveset useless because of Haki shenanigans, there's not much he can do.

Otherwise, Luffy could've just told Law to send Zoro below while he remains (akin to the Samurai). Or Law could remain in the rooftop and treat Zoro. But Oda is setting up Law to leave.
    Last edited by King Cannon; April 11th, 2021 at 11:38 AM.

So, what kind of king did Kaido say he'd be?

Yes the tension in this manga is dead. Luffy just magically getting up when Kaido literally knock his ass off and then proceeding to stomp him because "Haki just gets ultra strong when someone is far stronger than you" basically killed whatever kind of actual threat can exist in this story.

Good job Oda for making your series a Fairy Tail type of series.

Thee story would let us know it if it was the case. Last page showed Law in a far better condition than Zoro. He wasn't even dirty or bleeding like really damaged characters are often presented.
    That is because Oda forget to draw it .
    Look at law in the whole chapter and then that panel .
    Hell look at him in the panel before he get hit lol.
    Last edited by andy; April 11th, 2021 at 11:49 AM.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Again, this is less story reasons and more Oda's personal ones. If he wants Law away from the battle, it's because he's already made every interesting decision involving him in the fight. He needs room for new characters to butt in.

When Kaido renders the vast majority of Law's moveset useless because of Haki shenanigans, there's not much he can do.

Otherwise, Luffy could've just told Law to send Zoro below while he remains (akin to the Samurai). Or Law could remain in the rooftop and treat Zoro. But Oda is setting up Law to leave.
    Luffy is ordering Law around, something that we already seen Law complaining about. Why do you think Oda setup Law not liking to be ordered around, just to obey Luffy later?

Law has zero obligation in obeying Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    That is because Oda forget to draw it .
    Look at law in the whole chapter and then that panel .
    Hell look at him in the panel before he get hit lol.
    He's awake while Zoro is unconscious. That's enough to show their situation is far different.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Luffy is ordering Law around, something that we already seen Law complaining about. Why do you think Oda setup Law not liking to be ordered around, just to obey Luffy later?

He's awake while Zoro is unconscious. That's enough to show their situation is far different.
    Him being awake don't mean he ready to take on Kaido again even more so since after everything he done has not work .
    Guess he can stay around but i expect just like the Don fight he going to leave things to luffy .

Those pages where Kaido is sent flying are beautifully drawn.

I suspect it goes in line with making Law a decidedly more serious character than how he was pre-time skip so as to provide a contrasting foil with Luffy. As much as Law wants to be his own boss, I’m sure that even he wouldn’t be petty and whiny enough to complain about be told by Luffy to had back downstairs with Zoro and heal his wounds, seeing as how Law almost died from Kaido’s attack. Despite his annoyed attitude though, I’m still sure he still see Luffy as a friend, regardless of what he says otherwise.

We have seen some inkling that zoro has or will have COC. The sumo guy who fought Luffy early in wano was intimidated by zoro before the fight if I remember correctly, so it’s gonna happen. But when Kaido said he uses it too, did he mean zoro indirectly imbued his swords and that’s why he hit Kaido or he used normal COC?. Also zoro is using Oden’s sword which was proven to hurt Kaido early on, so what really did zoro do here?.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Yes the tension in this manga is dead. Luffy just magically getting up when Kaido literally knock his ass off and then proceeding to stomp him because "Haki just gets ultra strong when someone is far stronger than you" basically killed whatever kind of actual threat can exist in this story.

He was knocked out, time passed with the Zoro/Law scuffle, and he got back up. Luffy's just using the technique he's been practicing for half the arc. This is also the point in the fight where the bad guy really starts showing off because he and Luffy are somewhat on evil footing, considering that Oda likes to milk the threat up until the very last moment of the arc. Not to mention how many extenuating factors exist that Oda has to deal with (Yamato, Momo, Big Mom's new homie, the scabbards and the strawhat fights)

I wouldn't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibersk Esto View Post
    Not to mention how many extenuating factors exist that Oda has to deal with (Yamato, Momo, Big Mom's new homie, the scabbards and the strawhat fights)
    agree, I think this thing is far from over, it’s probably like when Luffy went gear 4 vs Doflamingo, it was far from over then. We know that Kaido will be taken down, that is a must but Big Mom, I don’t know. And about this fight or war, I feel like something is gonna happen, like a big interference from someone, Blackbeard or The Marines. We know that Blackbeard likes to hide and wait for one or both sides to be weakened enough for him to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post

Drop the manga, then.

That would make sense if Law could do anything against Kaido.

If he stays, he will just be an unnecessary target. Law is smart and probably knows that Luffy would be better off by himself without distractions

Getting back up after getting knock out for short while happen often and to other characters .
    Plus it was a good while when you look at things .
    Kaido attack zoro, get attack by law then attack him back, then went back trash talk and get attack from Zoro and do some trash talking again and then attack both Law and Zoro .

There doesn't seem to be much of a reason for Law to stick around now that Luffy has gotten a handle on Kaido

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    We have seen some inkling that zoro has or will have COC. The sumo guy who fought Luffy early in wano was intimidated by zoro before the fight if I remember correctly, so it’s gonna happen. But when Kaido said he uses it too, did he mean zoro indirectly imbued his swords and that’s why he hit Kaido or he used normal COC?. Also zoro is using Oden’s sword which was proven to hurt Kaido early on, so what really did zoro do here?.
    I wasn’t sure at first since I was used to seeing Conqueror’s being used to make people faint and not as a covering, but now I think I’m starting to get it. Armament Haki is the defensive black metallic covering on the fist, but Conqueror’s Haki, when condensed into a small space of damaging energy, is the white aura covering the sword, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    That would make sense if Law could do anything against Kaido.

If he stays, he will just be an unnecessary target. Law is smart and probably knows that Luffy would be better off by himself without distractions
    This reminds me that Sanji is still one of the only characters in the manga to have knocked Luffy out with physical force.
    #Vergoshotfirst #Doflaisapunk

Damn, what a great chapter! It's consistent with Luffy's general progressions throughout the series that not only can he take the same hit as he did before, but now he can get up from it. It would be lame if he didn't get stronger and more able to "bounce back." Like others, I'm hoping this revelation about Haki from Luffy will lead to him being able to handle the types of hits he got from Kaido last chapter (that made him blow on his arm) and from Katakuri in their fight. I'm so happy I don't read spoilers because I totally thought Kaido was just going to whip everyone ass half way through and wasn't at all expecting Luffy to get up. Great work, Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by ea77 View Post
    This reminds me that Sanji is still one of the only characters in the manga to have knocked Luffy out with physical force.
    That gives me hope that he'll get COC too, but not much of it.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Bless, Asura has not been forgotten.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information