+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,007: Mr. Raccoon Dog

Default Re: Chapter 1,007: Mr. Raccoon Dog

Or the color of the devil fruit was different than the original.

So which two swords is Oden carrying. If it is the fox then one of them could be Hiyori's and the other Shusui? The fox would have had access to both.

It also made remember that I think one of Zoro's swords gets broken. And that it would be a disservice for one of the legendary blacksmiths of Wano not to forge him a blade.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Or the color of the devil fruit was different than the original.

So which two swords is Oden carrying. If it is the fox then one of them could be Hiyori's and the other Shusui? The fox would have had access to both.

It also made remember that I think one of Zoro's swords gets broken. And that it would be a disservice for one of the legendary blacksmiths of Wano not to forge him a blade.
    Zoro lost a sword at the end of Enies Lobby and replaced it with Shusui in Thriller Bark. Now he is replacing Shusui with Enma, which is the most powerful sword Zoro has had the chance to wield and can grow even stronger.

Obviously he can never replace Wado Ichimonji or else his origin story/dream is dead.

He also wields Sandai Kitetsu, while Luffy borrowed Nidai Kitetsu from Hitetsu, but I don't see Zoro upgrading to the Nidai either. If anything, Hitetsu will give him Shodai Kitetsu, his sword, or make him one.

What is the chance that Toki can go to alternate timeline and bring Oden to the future current timeline. The side effect maybe it is just for a short time. Like it is less cruel then having Onimaru created fake Oden just to boost morale. Oda may have alternate timeline concept in his mind at least what he showed us in SBS for how the Strawhat crew appearance look alike in the future.
    Last edited by joe_dirt; March 16th, 2021 at 05:24 AM.
    My favourite manga:
    One Piece, Toriko, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Kongou Banchou, Attack on Titan, Berserk, Claymore, One-punch man, Jojo Bizzare, Vagabond, Ravages of the Time, Hunter x Hunter, Eden-Endless World, Shigurui, Ichi the Killer, Homonculus, Gantz, etc..

If "Oden" is past Oden being flung into the future, here's a possible explanation: you can only time travel to the future normally, but if Toki stays in a given timeline, she can fling someone else to the future and act as an anchor to summon that person back to the past. In other words, as long as she doesn't time-travel herself, she can bring back things she sent to the future. That would explain a lot (Toki sent Oden several times until he found the proper moment of Kaido's defeat, then Oden told her it would happen with nine people defeating Kaido in 20 years), but the fake swords are hard to explain in that way. Why would he ditch his signature weapons?

The craziest explanation, thought, would be Oden being the real one flung to the future (via the method I explained earlier), while the shadow is Toki, also traveling to the future, but after Oden's death and her delivered prophecy, acting on knowledge gained from her husband's time traveling shenanigans.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Second to Imu time travel is probably the worst choice OP has gone with

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    If "Oden" is past Oden being flung into the future, here's a possible explanation: you can only time travel to the future normally, but if Toki stays in a given timeline, she can fling someone else to the future and act as an anchor to summon that person back to the past. In other words, as long as she doesn't time-travel herself, she can bring back things she sent to the future. That would explain a lot (Toki sent Oden several times until he found the proper moment of Kaido's defeat, then Oden told her it would happen with nine people defeating Kaido in 20 years), but the fake swords are hard to explain in that way. Why would he ditch his signature weapons?

The craziest explanation, thought, would be Oden being the real one flung to the future (via the method I explained earlier), while the shadow is Toki, also traveling to the future, but after Oden's death and her delivered prophecy, acting on knowledge gained from her husband's time traveling shenanigans.
    Toki was explicit that "mankind cannot return to the past".

She also said that she kept travelling further into the future hoping to stumble into someone to help her, meaning she has no way to know what awaits ahead.

And I doubt she would be one of those "Well, actually... technically speaking..." kinda person.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Toki was explicit that "mankind cannot return to the past".

She also said that she kept travelling further into the future hoping to stumble into someone to help her, meaning she has no way to know what awaits ahead.

And I doubt she would be one of those "Well, actually... technically speaking..." kinda person.
    Well, she wouldn't be throwing anything "to the past", she'd be bringing it back "to the present".

Under that theory, she can't go to the future herself and then travel back. But, if she sends someone else to the future, she would be able to bring that same time-displaced person back to her present moment.

This could be why she was searching for someone's help, she just couldn't do it alone.

Obviously, this is just a theory, and I myself subscribe to the idea that this is just an ink clone by Kanjuro and has no relation to the person who helped the Scabbards (which I think/hope is Hiyori). But it is in line with Toki's stated limitations and has enough of a loophole in the rules to be possible.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Maan, this just reinforces the idea that Oda should have never introduced Time Travel to the story.

It just makes everything unnecessarily convoluted.

But now that its here, I agree, it has to play a significant role. Toki is still very much an underdeveloped character. We still don't fully understand her motivations for going to Wano.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

So can we throw the idea that "Onimaru ate a mythical Daruma DF" to the trash bin?

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Maan, this just reinforces the idea that Oda should have never introduced Time Travel to the story.

But now that its here, I agree, it has to play a significant role. Toki is still very much an underdeveloped character. We still don't fully understand her motivations for going to Wano.
    People trying to find loopholes around the very clear restriction of being unable to travel back in time is on them, not Oda lol

Vegapunk met oden during his adventures at sea, extracted his lineage factor and made the oden oden no mi and this person from 1007 has the fruit power. Oden got the ghost ghost no mi before he died, similar to brook that turns him into ghost upon death.

The whole lineage factor can replicate peoples power thing feels like it plays in to Vegapunks secret weapon

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    So can we throw the idea that "Onimaru ate a mythical Daruma DF" to the trash bin?
    Why? "Oden" being Onimaru is a way more far-fetched idea than that one.

Wait at least until this Oden mystery is solved.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post

I agree. I hate time travel, it most often ruins stories that aren't based around time paradoxes.

But if this Oden is fake, Toki can still be relevant while saving the story from overcomplication.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Well, she wouldn't be throwing anything "to the past", she'd be bringing it back "to the present".

Under that theory, she can't go to the future herself and then travel back. But, if she sends someone else to the future, she would be able to bring that same time-displaced person back to her present moment.

This could be why she was searching for someone's help, she just couldn't do it alone.

Obviously, this is just a theory, and I myself subscribe to the idea that this is just an ink clone by Kanjuro and has no relation to the person who helped the Scabbards (which I think/hope is Hiyori). But it is in line with Toki's stated limitations and has enough of a loophole in the rules to be possible.
    Sorry, but that just sounds nonsense. She's still making mankind return to the past in that case.

That's impossible according to herself. If she was capable of such, I'm sure she would've explained it.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The whole lineage factor can replicate peoples power thing feels like it plays in to Vegapunks secret weapon
    Get ready for the Kaido Pacifistas.

Likely alcohol-fueled.

He took the drunken mood swings of Kaido, the chopped off arm of Shanks, the easy amnesia of BM and the jolly fatness of Blacky to make the ultimate, but oddly specific, life form

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Sorry, but that just sounds nonsense. She's still making mankind return to the past in that case.

That's impossible according to herself. If she was capable of such, I'm sure she would've explained it.
    Technically, she would be returning them to her present, not to the past. And only those she sent to the future in the first place, not anyone who exists in the future. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable loophole to me.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

If it is TRUE Oden, I can't shake my cynical thought that Oda wrote himself into a corner by overhyping Kaido, then realized that Kaido can't be beaten by Luffy and co. alone, so he re-inserts Oden to defeat Kaido. It screams Naruto's Kaguya to me IMO.

All the narrations of Akazaya Nine's struggles would have to be thrown out, also why bother to draw Oden's glorious flashback (and badass "death" scene) if the dude himself is still alive and kicking?

Why bother to boast that the new generation will kick old generation's ass, if in the end it's the same old generation dude kicking another old generation's dude drunken ass?

So I hope it is FAKE Oden, however the mechanic is.
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Vegapunk met oden during his adventures at sea, extracted his lineage factor and made the oden oden no mi and this person from 1007 has the fruit power. Oden got the ghost ghost no mi before he died, similar to brook that turns him into ghost upon death.
    Oh God, Yamato is gonna MURDER that person who ate the Oden fruit. They will personally drag them to Blackbeard to make him extract the fruit and eat it.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    If it is TRUE Oden, I can't shake my cynical thought that Oda wrote himself into a corner by overhyping Kaido, then realized that Kaido can't be beaten by Luffy and co. alone, so he re-inserts Oden to defeat Kaido. It screams Naruto's Kaguya to me IMO.
    I get where you're coming from but I don't see any logical reason for Oda to feel written into a corner. Oden's abilities rested in his superhuman strength, advanced Armament and master swordfighting skills. Luffy and Zoro have those in spades, once they crank it up to what's decisively Oden's level and with the help of Law, Kid and Killer things should get cooking.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by joe_dirt View Post
    Like it is less cruel then having Onimaru created fake Oden just to boost morale.
    In the mind of a Fox, that's an uber nice thing to do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information