+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,007: Mr. Raccoon Dog

Default Re: Chapter 1,007: Mr. Raccoon Dog

No way Oden is alive or it completely ruins the Wano story. My bet would be on Onimaru/Gyukimaru.

My wild card for the oden part is the work of Hawkins. He could have fit the silloute seen before and his voodoo cards/ devil fruit could be at play here, with the recovery of the 9 scabbards and the appearance of oden. Could be one of his wild cards. How he knows what oden look and sounds like might be an good question but what if its a case of only the 9 scabbards seeing this oden. Afterall all the real oden in flesh and spirit might have gone to rescue momo from danger after hearing the transmission, or fight off Jack or head directly for the roof. He does not seem to be the one who bandaged up his men.

Discovered Stowaway

I mean, we knew it for a while, but good to get confirmation that Momo ate artificial copy of Kaido's fruit.

Anyway, yeah, there's no real argument that that's the real Oden, he'd be 20 years older lol.
    Last edited by HikaruYami; March 14th, 2021 at 11:43 AM.

Author Comments 3/14/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/manga...ngs-03-14-2021

Eiichiro Oda

A collabo video with Wolfgang’s Steakhouse is up. Luffy’s new hobby! Check it out!

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by HikaruYami View Post
    I mean, we knew it for a while, but good to get confirmation that Momo ate artificial copy of Kaido's fruit.

Anyway, yeah, there's no real argument that that's the real Oden, he'd be 20 years older lol.
    Unless Toki is alive too and time shenanigans. Also, Oden didn't visibly age since he was like 14, lmao. After thinking on it for a few hours my best guess is that it's a trick from Kanjuro. That makes the most sense to me.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I think Oden is Tama's teacup that ate the tanuki fruit.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

I feel so jaded when i hear you guys talk about it

Hiyori is the one who tended to their wounds.
    Momo is weak/normal after Toki, he even acknowledges that (he is weak), his future power-up is artificial and comes indirectly from Kaido himself.
    Hiyori is actually strong and the one who inherited it from Oden (she was drop-kicking Momo as a kid all the time, despite being younger).
    It wouldnīt make sense for such a character like Oden to only have physically weak offspring in this series (Garp -> Dragon -> Luffy, Roger -> Ace, Kyros -> Rebecca etc).
    She obviously couldnīt show her face to the samurai now, they would only worry and try to protect her.
    Posing as Oden, she can fight alongside them and boost their morale.
    Plus, sheīs Zoroīs Boa, his future wife, thereīs bound to be more to her than top class courtesan skills.

Onimaru might be helping her with the facade, or it might be the fox itself appearing as Oden, but I donīt remember it having such a strong connection to Oden and all the scabbards to be able to greet them casually like that.

After recovering from the shock of reading that last page (wtf), my initial thought was "that canīt be the real one...Zoro has the sword", so transformation came to my mind, or Kanjuro (drawing or acting), or some paralell universe BS (if heīs real).
    I honestly completely forgot about Onimaru.

Chopperīs part was well done, although the Tanuki joke felt a bit forced to me.
    Marco is such a great supporting character, he seems to know everyone and helps out wherever he is needed.

Cool chapter, I like being reminded that you can always trust Oda to catch you off-guard. Too bad for the break, but, ...Oh, well, gotta live with it.

While I'd love for him to still be alive there's no way on earth this can be Oden, though. My guess would be either Kanjuro trying to give his former comrades a morale boost now his Kurozumi persona has finished its part, or illusion performed by Fukurojuku. We haven't seen him in a while, never witnessed his powers, and the silhouette from before did feature something like his deformed ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    After recovering from the shock of reading that last page (wtf), my initial thought was "that canīt be the real one...Zoro has the sword",
    Those aren't Enma and Ame no Habakiri.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I feel so jaded when i hear you guys talk about it
    Oh, come on :D

You know what's weird? "Oden" saying "You're so much older now!!"
    Who would say that? Sure it's just to appear more convincing in front of them, but any way.

Let's just bring some time shenanigans into play, to spice things up a little bit.
    What happens to the time fruit when the user dies? Does it behave like any other fruit and returns into circulation?
    Toki said she only can travel forward and not back in time, but what if:
    When the user dies, the fruit send the user back to their origin time. What happened to Toki's body after her "death"? Was it found? To be honest, I don't remember if it was mentioned. Who cares I'll keep on rolling.

So, while Toki is dying the fruit sends her back to her origin time. Back in her time somebody finds, and saves her. After her recovery, first thing she does -> travel back to the future...
    There are multiple save points to where she could've traveled, maybe before Oden left Wano with Whitebeard, or before he left Wano the second time with Roger, or after he returned and before became known as a fool of a lord.
    Basically any point before his death but not to early, so that he knows that he has children and a wife. Even though her best chance to send him into the future would be before he left Wano.
    She tells him the whole story and sends him to the future.
    Now back in the present time, he shows up and mentions that his Scabbards have become older, because the last time he saw them, all of them were a lot younger.

Oh, and Toki is obviously with him, so that after Kaido is dealt with they can be a happy family again, with a daughter only 10 years younger than her mother... not weird at all...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

I don't think many think it's Oden, but we have two weeks here! Let's talk about the hypotheticals. If it is Oden, what does that mean for the story? Assuming he lives, I feel like it has to drastically effect lots of people's theories about what role Momo and Yamato will play in the future of Wano.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    Hiyori is the one who tended to their wounds.
    Momo is weak/normal after Toki, he even acknowledges that (he is weak), his future power-up is artificial and comes indirectly from Kaido himself.
    Hiyori is actually strong and the one who inherited it from Oden (she was drop-kicking Momo as a kid all the time, despite being younger).
    It wouldnīt make sense for such a character like Oden to only have physically weak offspring in this series (Garp -> Dragon -> Luffy, Roger -> Ace, Kyros -> Rebecca etc).
    She obviously couldnīt show her face to the samurai now, they would only worry and try to protect her.
    Posing as Oden, she can fight alongside them and boost their morale.
    Plus, sheīs Zoroīs Boa, his future wife, thereīs bound to be more to her than top class courtesan skills.

Onimaru might be helping her with the facade, or it might be the fox itself appearing as Oden, but I donīt remember it having such a strong connection to Oden and all the scabbards to be able to greet them casually like that.

After recovering from the shock of reading that last page (wtf), my initial thought was "that canīt be the real one...Zoro has the sword", so transformation came to my mind, or Kanjuro (drawing or acting), or some paralell universe BS (if heīs real).
    I honestly completely forgot about Onimaru.

Chopperīs part was well done, although the Tanuki joke felt a bit forced to me.
    Marco is such a great supporting character, he seems to know everyone and helps out wherever he is needed.
    I actually like this idea. Hiyori posing as Oden with the use of Onimaru's special power (if its a DF who knows?). Could bring some jokes aboard, like Yamato getting all starry eyed to see his/her "idol" not knowing its Hiyori, or after finding out the truth, gets all jealous someone else is being like "Oden" instead of her/him wanting to be Oden.

Discovered Stowaway bryannmaina's Avatar

What would happen if Momo used Odens sword?

Also I found it funny when people were complaining about Momo being called an eel again. Yes it is a Luffy callback but Momo is pink, long and scaly so it would be easy to confuse him for a fish (even though most eels don’t have scales lol),

There must be something else about Kaido’s fruit if even the artificial version is deemed such a danger. Maybe even the luck based powers I’ve seen in some theories.
    Last edited by bryannmaina; March 14th, 2021 at 03:46 PM.
    beware

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't think many think it's Oden, but we have two weeks here! Let's talk about the hypotheticals. If it is Oden, what does that mean for the story? Assuming he lives, I feel like it has to drastically effect lots of people's theories about what role Momo and Yamato will play in the future of Wano.
    it’s hiyori and the samurais are just confused feeling Oden’s essence, if this is the case, it’s just another ODA annoying waste of time like when he had that stupid fish kawamatsu in shadows.

I do wish it was Oden somehow but at the same time what would be the purpose?. Oden story is done. It’s a new era and the story of this arc was made and prophesied by Oden himself for Luffy and the others to shine. Oda does many annoying little thing that sometimes he uses for cliffhanger like here that leads to nothing.

What a great chapter, I wasn't ready for how cool Chopper would look. Him punching Queen aside, which was a hilarious payoff btw, that was one of the rare instances where Chopper's medical feats actually felt really cool rather than just a footnote. If Chopper is really about to fight Queen (obviously with a buttload of help), I'm all for it. Queen gives obvious shades of Dr. Hogback, so he was always the perfect opponent for Chopper if it were possible to ignore the obvious power gap.

Honestly, it's hilarious how well Queen would've worked as a potential matchup for Sanji, Franky, and now Chopper.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

Man, Chopper damages a Calamity which Sanji doesn't even scratch in his raid suit. Wow.

Also, the scientists tending Kaido should've having incredible haki too as they can pierce his skin to take blood etc.

As for the Oden reveal, if it's the real dude... I don't know what to think except remembering Madara and Kaguya somehow lol.
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

Yamato and Luffy mistaking Momo's dragon form for an eel actually isn't too far away from the truth considering Kaidou is a fish

Some responses to what Chopper did to Queen here is helping me realize just how much expectation some people place on Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji above the rest of the crew. Even when they acknowledge that the rest of the Straw Hats can deal some damage here and there, they still voice how they basically aren’t as inclined to give as much respect to them and instead expect Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji to be the ones to ultimately take on high-bounty antagonists, as if they’re the only Straw Hats meant to do so.

Some, like me, thougth that Chopper's cuteness took too much of the attention after he timeskip. But in this chapter, it was perfect. The cute face was a great contrast to the despair in the room, and the medicine cloud was a grand design.

Oda writing about a plague weapon during a pandemic is quite interesting. Maybe the context is what made him feel he had to showcase Chopper's doctor skills

Monster Chopper was always a beast, even on its first appearance. Considering OG Chopper's arm point was strong enough to break tekkai, while Monster efforlessly beat everything in its path, it's nice to see Chopper can hurt a Headliner.

I'm worried about the aftermath, thought. Either Chopper learned new skills, or he will be palalised for hours once his 3-minute limit for monster point expires. I hope he has gained new skills. Would love to see new forms.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information