https://nintendowire.com/news/2021/0...esents-stream/

POKEMON SNAP- April 30

BRILLIANT DIAMOND
    and SHINING PEARL- Fall 2021.

Pokemon Legends ARCEUS in 2022.

DIAMOND AND PEARL

Looks... like D&P on the S&S engine.

ARCEUS

That looks more promising. The BOTW inspired open world we wanted from the last games?

SNAP

Looks like a solid upgrade/remake. Naturally had modern photo sharing stuff. It's going to miss something without Oak's "YoU dId gOoD" messaging but oh well.
    Last edited by Robby; February 26th, 2021 at 09:24 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Default Re: Pokemon BDSP, Arceus, and other Spinoffs

Looks like GF god fed up and took the decision to leave the development of the Sinnoh remakes to another team so they could focus all their time and resources in making a innovative product. Though it has probably already been in early stages of development for quite a long time.

I for one welcome this new direction they are taking with the franchise, screw the national dex and catching em all.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Wow the remakes look terrible.

I like the Links Awakeningesque feel of the graphics, like HD versions of the old sprites.

Legends fascinates me. I love the idea of it and can't wait to see more~

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

As usual, Turtwig is going to be my go-to-mon for the remakes. And Oshawott will be the partner I choose in Feudal Sinnoh.

Legends looks suuuper rough ... but it is exactly what i always wanted. Let's hope they don't fuck it up.

I'm super hyped. Legends is rough looking, but I'm hoping it'll look better in a year. Even if it isn't much better, just the ideas behind it gives me a lot of hope for the game and for Pokemon in the future. As for the remakes, I've never played DDP (the only gen I didn't get to play) so I'm very fine with how it looks. Doesn't seem to be really worth 60 bucks, but I can afford it and I'm pretty excited to finally play in Sinnoh. The only thing that sucks is how much we'll have to wait for more information.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Not sure why they went with chibi characters for the overworld of BDSP, but otherwise, well...it's a remake.

I'm really interested to see how Legends: Arceus will pan out in terms of gameplay.

And Pokemon Snap 2 is Pokemon Snap 2

Guess that's three more games I'll be getting for the Switch.

I think my GF will love Pokemon Snap 2. I've hardly thought about it, but it might be well worth a purchase. Is there much more to the gameplay than just taking the pictures?

edit:

Another thing Legends is really doing for me. Just the idea of them making a single pokemon game with all of the features and pokemon (however many that may end up being) is great in my opinion. It's more respectful to player pockets and I'm all for it. Serebii Joe has said on twitter that there will ben no multiplayer, which makes sense given the setting.
    Last edited by andre; February 26th, 2021 at 12:25 PM.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I think my GF will love Pokemon Snap 2. I've hardly thought about it, but it might be well worth a purchase. Is there much more to the gameplay than just taking the pictures?
    In the original it was entirely about taking pictures... but there was also figuring out the best spots on the map and interacting with the mons to get the best pictures out of them. Like, sure, you can get a picture of a Pikachu... but if you do a thing you can push it along and get a picture of a Pikachu riding a surfboard. You can get a picture of a Bulbasaur... but if you do it right, you can get a picture of a whole herd of bulbasaurs. You can throw food or rocks or play music to get different effects. Get a critter to dance. Find something hiding behind a waterfall. Get a Magikarp to evolve. etc.

If you just want to go through the game you could play it start to finish in an hour... but if you want to get better pics you could spend days or weeks on it redoing the same route over and over.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I'm super hyped. Legends is rough looking, but I'm hoping it'll look better in a year. Even if it isn't much better, just the ideas behind it gives me a lot of hope for the game and for Pokemon in the future. As for the remakes, I've never played DDP (the only gen I didn't get to play) so I'm very fine with how it looks. Doesn't seem to be really worth 60 bucks, but I can afford it and I'm pretty excited to finally play in Sinnoh. The only thing that sucks is how much we'll have to wait for more information.
    This pretty much sums up my exact situation and feelings as well. Though I don't typically have any problem with a complete remake of a game costing the retail price of every other standard game.

Surprised at the negativity though. Here I was just thanking Enel we didn't get another Let's Go title, and so happy that they're even thinking about an open-world setting.

@foolio
    I've complained about pokemon enough that I can't really be mad at anyone else for doing it, but it's pretty apparent that the different factions within the fandom categorically cannot all be satisfied. They would have to release 4 different games a year to do so and that's just not happening. I heard some people wanting a ORAS style remake, some wanting what we're getting, and some wanting it in Let's Go style. For me it couldn't have been any better unless it was platinum, but I can see other's perspectives too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    In the original it was entirely about taking pictures... but there was also figuring out the best spots on the map and interacting with the mons to get the best pictures out of them. Like, sure, you can get a picture of a Pikachu... but if you do a thing you can push it along and get a picture of a Pikachu riding a surfboard. You can get a picture of a Bulbasaur... but if you do it right, you can get a picture of a whole herd of bulbasaurs. You can throw food or rocks or play music to get different effects. Get a critter to dance. Find something hiding behind a waterfall. Get a Magikarp to evolve. etc.

If you just want to go through the game you could play it start to finish in an hour... but if you want to get better pics you could spend days or weeks on it redoing the same route over and over.
    I could probably enjoy it for a few weeks, but I think my GF could get a lot of fun out of it. I barely played the original back in the day, but I feel like it's the type of game that's just as good watching someone else, since the Pokemon are so alive in their environments.

It’ll be kind of weird playing the remake of Diamond or Pearl and not hearing Giratina’s cry when you press start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Snap is surpsingly a decent party game. It's slow and casual but that gives you time to hang out betweeen bits. Remains to be seen how this one handles the points system, but just choosing between pictures was half the fun sometimes.

Because Professor Oak didn't really care about position as much as he cared about filling the frame, so that would lead to things like a Magikarp being labelled as a Zapdos, or him giving high praise to butt shots, which led to its own humor and interactions.

As a modern game with mmore memory I assume it'll be a LOT more forgiving about how many pictures you can store.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Oh man, Pokemon Pearl was the first video game I ever played, so I'm super excited for the remakes. And this might just be the nostalgia talking, but I'm really glad they kept the top-down layout of the original games since what's stuck with me the most about gen 4 is just the ambience of exploring and traveling through Sinnoh. Trekking across routes 216 and 217, pushing your way through a blizzard, with that amazing soundtrack playing in the background, to finally reach Snowpoint City was one of the moments that made me fall in love with video games as a whole, and without major graphical overhauls or tons of development going into the environments I think this is the best way to preserve that feeling.

Also cautiously optimistic about Arecus. I haven't played the last few games, but all this has definitely reignited my interest in Pokemon.

I'm among those very excited about today's outcome. I like that doing a remake of sinnoh isn't the sole focus of resources and instead it's handled by someone else so that focus can go on evolving what a Pokemon game can be through Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Galleon Panthera View Post
    As usual, Turtwig is going to be my go-to-mon for the remakes. And Oshawott will be the partner I choose in Feudal Sinnoh.
    Exact same for me. Easy choice for BDSP, for Legends it's a bit tougher since it's a pretty good set of starters, but of those three the Oshawott line is the one I like the most.

I really hope Crazy Diamond and Jamming Pearl are Heart Gold/Soul Silver-tier remakes because I had a look of horror on my face when they showed the in-game graphics. Like some horrible marriage between Link's Awakening DX and Let's Go just drained of any possible charm. If they're not I might just stick with Platnium, which I've been meaning to give a whirl at some point.

Though I'm one who rolls my eyes everytime I hear people say that every Nintendo RPG has to be a Breath of the Wild/Xenoblade clone Legends is something that has me cautiously optimistic. Game Freak has a history of noticeably improving during their second outing on new hardware, and already those shots of the beach and the flower field in the trailer look nicer than most of the stuff in base Sword & Shield. If nothing else it is good to see Game Freak seems to have ambition for this title and even if it doesn't all work out I'm very happy to see that my boy Cyndaquill is finally getting some love!
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Exact same for me. Easy choice for BDSP, for Legends it's a bit tougher since it's a pretty good set of starters, but of those three the Oshawott line is the one I like the most.
    The cool thing is that the trailer also seems to confirm that all three Sinnoh starters will be catchable in the wild.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I really hope Crazy Diamond and Jamming Pearl are Heart Gold/Soul Silver-tier remakes
    I wouldn't expect this at all, personally. The way they've worded it looks like we're getting a mostly 1:1 remake, specifically saying that those who didn't play gen 4 will have lots of new things to experience. I wouldn't even bet on it having the Platinum content, honestly.

Not even the rotom formes.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I kinda jest, but Masuda was the original director, so if it is keept as it was is more out of either pride or fear rather than respect for the original.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

With the 1:1 faithful remake it seems like, do you think the battle mechanics will be up to date with reusable TMs, Fairy type, and the like? I know all the other remakes had the latest generation's mechanics (aside from FRLG not letting you evolve Golbat and Chansey until the postgame), but the terms faithful remake and 1:1 remake are new to me, so I don't know what I should be expecting with that.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information