+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon BD,SP, Legends, and other Spinoffs

Default Re: Pokemon BDSP, Arceus, and other Spinoffs

Legends has been in development for a few years and is actually a mainline game.

So that would mean the game was already in the works before they announced Sword & Shield.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

The fact that a 10 year old can capture both God and the devil in the Pokemon Universe is scary

One thing in Snap that I actually really liked back when I played it as a kid was finding how to progress between stages and finding the Pokemon constellations in the end. From how it looks I don't really think they bring that back, but I'm still pretty hyped. Snap is literally the only part of the Pokemon franchise I personally care about, lol.

Snap I'm already on board, but I am a bit weirded out by the "glowing orb" tool. Doesn't seem like that'll actually be much fun for "how do I make progress/this specific pose happen," but we'll see.

Maybe they didn't want it to steal the spotlight from the new game, but man was everything about the Sinnoh Remakes dull and empty. Not saying I'm worried or disappointed, I'm certainly happy it's not Let's Go Sinnoh, but I just found the trailer to be lacking when it comes to what you'd expect from a pokemon game trailer. No teasing anything new, no teasing any gym leader updated designs, no teasing galactic designs, not even having Dialga or Palkia doing anything cool. I have faith it'll all come eventually, but I guess I'll be waiting for the next major trailer for the remakes to really start looking forward to it.

Arceus I'll remain optimistic for. Right now the biggest thing on my mind is "just sneak and catch pokemon in the overworld" vs. "battle and catch." Hopefully they find a good balance between them both and have some variety of ways planned for just catching pokemon in the overworld. Otherwise I'll be happy to see what more comes from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    With the 1:1 faithful remake it seems like, do you think the battle mechanics will be up to date with reusable TMs, Fairy type, and the like? I know all the other remakes had the latest generation's mechanics (aside from FRLG not letting you evolve Golbat and Chansey until the postgame), but the terms faithful remake and 1:1 remake are new to me, so I don't know what I should be expecting with that.
    I think it's purely semantics. It's a Generation 8 game, so it should have everything (mechanics-wise) barring dynamax. I expect a lot of Galar pokemon to be available postgame.
    Last edited by NateRich; February 26th, 2021 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Just wanted to mention that I hate how the BDSP acronym looks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    No teasing anything new, no teasing any gym leader updated designs, no teasing galactic designs,
    Given both the male and female trainer don't wear the Winter gear from Platinum (which is weird) I think it's safe to safe the designs will be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I've seen ninja girls wearing those head scarves that Ninja Dawn has in anime before, but Ninja Lucas still wearing a modern-day flat cap throws me for a loop.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: Pokémon BD,SP, Legends, and other Spinoffs

I'm just sad and very disappointed I'll never be able to walk through a snowstorm and the hellish route towards Snowville in SwSh 3d-style because that was the thing I was looking forward to the most. And I truly believe that entire trek towards Snowville, in the northern parts of Sinnoh was the very essence of the game.

i was even hoping for a distorted world in Platinum to make an entrance here considering they'll never do Platinum. Distorted world in SwSh graphics will be sick.
    I just don't like the artstyle but maybe I'll grow to like it, I don't know.
    D/P is my favourite, absolute nostalgia centric generation and this just wasn't how it was supposed to look for me.
    Maybe I'll like it once I play it.

And I called that Pokemon Legends Arceus thing a year ago when I was drunk with my friends going if they were going to do a Pokemon BoTW, what would they do?
    How about throwing the timeline hundred of years back or something and since its going to be ancient and science wasn't a thing, the next logical conclusion would be mythology and god like pokemon and that's Arceus.
    Maybe I'm still drunk, I don't know but I'm excited (GF knows we'll be) despite being the number 1 guy shitting on SwSh

Edit: I think there's going to be a post-story similar to ORAS except this time it will have a strong connection to Legends, without battle frontier and with how well received Zinnia's story arc was, this is almost certain. I actually won't be surprised if Legends brings back the Lorekeeper concept.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; February 27th, 2021 at 12:20 AM.

That statue at the end also looks like it’s a fusion of the mascot Pokemon, so maybe some new form then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    That statue at the end also looks like it’s a fusion of the mascot Pokemon, so maybe some new form then?
    The Eterna statue looked like that in the originals too. I could be remembering wrong but I think the reason is that no one remembered what Dialga or Palkia looked like, so the statue has characteristics of both.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Damn, no posts since February. I guess that's befitting that there's been almost no news since then, but we have a presents coming on Wednesday!

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1426166956911218690

Luckily Wednesday is my late day to work so I'll be able to watch while eating breakfast and drinking coffee. I've seen one rumor for LA that seems solid to me, so be on the lookout.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Growlithe now with 100% more floof
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Where did the Pokemon fans go?? We have new Pokemon and new forms for Braviary and Growlithe from Pokemon Legends Arceus!

Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Where did the Pokemon fans go??
    The last mainline game was a dud, unite is literally pay-to-win, no one is really excited for the DP remake, and we haven't seen enough of Arceus to get excited about.

SNAP was good at least.

I just finished playing Monster Sanctuary and I had way more fun with that than any recent Pokemon game.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The last mainline game was a dud, unite is literally pay-to-win, no one is really excited for the DP remake, and we haven't seen enough of Arceus to get excited about.

SNAP was good at least.

I just finished playing Monster Sanctuary and I had way more fun with that than any recent Pokemon game.
    I would agree with basically everything you said, but what they've shown of Legends Arceus today looks pretty great. There are new evos, some variants, and they're really digging in on using pokemon to explore the world. I'm sold on it. I'll get BDSP because it's the one pokemon gen I didn't get to play, but it's nowhere near as exciting for me.

Discovered Stowaway

I like how Legend of Arcues looks, the new battle mechanic looks good and fun. They should definitely add this to any new main line games. A crafting system in a Pokemon game, not bad GameFreak, finally gives us more to do with berries and other stuff we find, generally like how the trailer made me feel. I think I haven't been this excited for a Pokemon game in recent History. Probably since Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
    BD and SP look good, as expected they added the option to customize your trainer and expanded the underground, like the idea of the new cave system.

With the recent Presents I could not anything I did not like, don't care enough about Unite and the other games.
    SW-3170-8630-8341

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

SNAP was good at least.

We have almost completely opposite opinions on the recent and upcoming pokemon games, lol. Loved shield, super excited for brilliant diamond, shining pearl, and legends. Don't even know what unite is, and couldn't care less about snap.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

It is hidden away on the pokemon site, but it appears that trading pokemon will be available with Pokemon Legends: Arceus

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/statu...148106/photo/1

The D/P remakes haven't actively disappointed me in any way and what they showed off looked good, so that's nice. No-brainer for me as gen 4 is the only gen I have yet to play. Legends also looks like it has a lot of potential, and I am going to support it for trying new things and going in an open-world direction regardless of the extent to which they nail the execution. So far it almost feels like a fusion of Snap with actual RPG mechanics lol.

By the way saying that Unite is pay to win means, I can only assume, that you've never played the game or just suck. I would call it maybe... "pay to have a slight advantage until everyone catches up anyway." The resources to level up held items, which are the only thing giving people advantages, are not obtainable via paid currency so at best you are unlocking some extra season pass bonus rewards that boost it a bit. Also I have not spent a cent and I have enough coins to unlock an additional 3-5 mons, depending on how expensive each one is.

I moved on from talking Pokémon here because it got here toxic and stupid.

Unite is fun enough, and no matter how I search, I can’t find how to turn directly money into power items. Sw&sh was very fun, and had a long life, even with its “trees” and the lack of chatot.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Toxic is a strong word, I stand by stupid and repetitive tho.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information