Closed Thread
Page 300 of 321 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

^ That’s why I said I don’t expect it’ll get done with their being so much red tape involved, Democrats occasionally being ignorant or blind, & the midterms turning into a clusterfuck every other period.

It’s complicated stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Mood yesterday:

Spoiler:

Mood tonight

Spoiler:

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Green New Deal is more important than any other single issue.

Other stuff is important, but absolutely nothing tops keeping the planet from turning into an inferno hellscape.

And yes, I know the existing NGD plan has insane impossible stuff in it like "get rid of cow farts", I'm not saying do all of it or as it exists currently... just that we HAVE to get stuff in motion to save the planet.

Clean energy is also good buisness for the economy so win/win.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Best news to wake up to. Enjoy those stimulus checks, guys!

Well holy shit, some people are already calling it for both dems. After everything, I didn't dare to dream anymore but apparently good things can still happen.

Dems winning both is game-changing.

Now granted this lead probably won't last for all of Biden's term, but god's sake, can we get SOMETHING done if Mitch gets yanked off the board?

2021 really looking up rn

*does a lil kirby dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Green New Deal is more important than any other single issue.

Other stuff is important, but absolutely nothing tops keeping the planet from turning into an inferno hellscape.

And yes, I know the existing NGD plan has insane impossible stuff in it like "get rid of cow farts", I'm not saying do all of it or as it exists currently... just that we HAVE to get stuff in motion to save the planet.

Clean energy is also good buisness for the economy so win/win.
    Good luck keeping Biden in office long enough to convince him to sign the GND if half the country ends up homeless. (He's already said he doesn't support it anyway, so I expect an uphill battle that lasts at least a few years).

If we don't get something comparable to that additional $16,000 in retroactive stimulus payments there's no chance of a return to normalcy any time soon, so that should take precedence over everything else and ideally needs to be passed by mid-February, accompanied by additional monthly payments of $2000 for the duration of the pandemic.

Edit: I know how you feel about not wanting the planet to become nearly uninhabitable for our kids and grandkids but we're got bread lines miles long in every state and a similar line of far right snake oil salesmen just waiting to sell the people fascism as a solution to their capitalist nightmare.
    We need the people to be able to afford food and housing again, save as many businesses as possible and give them something to really be thankful towards Biden for so the mandate he's been given doesn't get pulled out from under him.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; January 6th, 2021 at 06:37 AM.

Yeah, I mean, it’s hard not to see that COVID relief is probably the single most important thing for Americans at the moment.

But Biden also ran on an infrastructure spending and renewable energy message, so I expect we’ll make some progress in that direction, too. All sounding pretty damn good, to be completely honest.

Budget Committee Chair Bernie Sanders.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Can't they do both, put the covid unemployed people to work on making a new green infrastructure.

Worked for Hitler at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    And yes, I know the existing NGD plan has insane impossible stuff in it like "get rid of cow farts"
    Again, this isn't true. That was a draft Q&A with an admittedly stupid and improper joke attempt.
    The Green New Deal's main proponent, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), rightly "admits the rollout of the Green New Deal was 'the biggest mistake' she's made in Congress," largely because she released a draft Q&A that contained what's "clearly supposed to be a joke" about getting rid of "farting cows and airplanes,"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Can't they do both, put the covid unemployed people to work on making a new green infrastructure.

Maybe once the pandemic settles down over the summer.

It's not currently safe for people to work in person in most states, even if they're forced to do it anyway for economic reasons.

Complicating things since 2009.

Everyone stand up for the new national anthem as decreed by the new Emperor of America:

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Good luck keeping Biden in office long enough to convince him to sign the GND if half the country ends up homeless.
    Well yeah, obviously deal with Covid and its fallout first and foremost, that's the immediate crisis. Get people some money and help the country recover. That's a given.

That's going to be done, that's going to be the main focus, that's what's going to be getting the energy and will be the first order of buisness.

But a year from now after vaccine has had some time to circulate and the world is hopefully recovering, the *next* thing that needs to be focused on is the green stuff. That *has* to take priority over anything else, and i'm worried that it won't and instead focus will be put onto... who knows.

Lots of things need fixing, and lots of Trump's stuff needs undoing. But we need Captain Planet badly.

We have 18 months, after that midterms will eat into things, and historical precedent dictates will probably lose at least one of the branches then. So outside of the immediate crisis, some long term stuff NEEDS to be done. Appoint judges. make DC and Puerto Rico states. Prosecute everyone that attempted a coup so they know there's a punishment for it. All important. But...
    Last edited by Robby; January 6th, 2021 at 10:12 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post

And also FDR, with the namesake New Deal. It's certainly not out of the question.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

*Black people give Biden a Senate majority*

Biden: gonna make a centrist prosecutor my AG lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    And also FDR, with the namesake New Deal. It's certainly not out of the question.
    Sure if you want to go with the classier option

Closed Thread

Thread Information