Closed Thread
Page 290 of 321 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

SCOTUS rejects MikeKellyPA’s emergency application to enjoin Pennsylvania from certifying its electors.

Thirty-four minutes passed between the Pennsylvania challengers’ final brief and the Supreme Court’s one-line order tossing it in the fire.

This is as strong a message as the Court could *possibly* send that it’s not stepping into the election — and that all of this nonsense is over.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EovxBroX...pg&name=medium

This is separate from the Texas case being filed, but it's exactly the same thing.

If the Court had any interest in the issues raised in these cases, it would’ve stepped in here. That no Justice publicly dissented here is a pretty clear message about where that case is going, too.

Two of the guys on the court might owe their jobs to Trump, but they're also not going to get themselves impeached over it in two months either. Barrett's been there for a week, she knows if she shows obvious signs of being bought she can be removed and jailed, and Kavanaugh lied in his audition so he's at risk *anyway*. They're not going to risk their cushy lifetime appointments over Trump at this point.
    Last edited by Robby; December 8th, 2020 at 04:01 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Let's just hope Georgia doesn't fuck us in the senate, but I'm not holding on to any hope right now.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Georgia giving us the senate would be fantastic. I'm not counting on it though. I fully expect 2 years of McConnell blocking everything.

But then because Biden can't do anything, and thus doesn't anger anyone with overwhelming sweeping changes, we gain seats in the midterm instead of lose them as is typical.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Georgia giving us the senate would be fantastic. I'm not counting on it though. I fully expect 2 years of McConnell blocking everything.

But then because Biden can't do anything, and thus doesn't anger anyone with overwhelming sweeping changes, we gain seats in the midterm instead of lose them as is typical.
    Let's say hypothetically, McConnell has a debilitating stroke in January and has to step down. Then what?

To fuel Rin's fears, the brazilian fake news outlets are saying the Supreme Court has accepted Texas case.
    Christ, I didn't knew conservatives could be so petty to the point of bootlicking for another country's police that will in no way better their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Let's say hypothetically, McConnell has a debilitating stroke in January and has to step down. Then what?
    Then they have a special election and replace him but it might take a few months.

Whoever replaces him as majority leader probably won't be quite as obstinate as he is. He's super safe in Kentucky so he's able to shield the rest of the republicans from even having to vote, anyone else in an even slightly more vulnerable state won't be able to do quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    To fuel Rin's fears, the brazilian fake news outlets are saying the Supreme Court has accepted Texas case.
    Christ, I didn't knew conservatives could be so petty to the point of bootlicking for another country's police that will in no way better their lives.
    They "accepted" it in the same sense that they "accepted" the Pennsylvania case; it doesn't mean they'll actually rule in favor of Texas or even really hear the actual case.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Mass celebrations?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Also not to make Rin upset or pissed or both

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2020...e-protections/

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Mass celebrations?
    Take care your employers don’t see this even though it involves an asshole who is okay with leaving people without homes, healthcare, jobs, or financial stability.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Pivoting off my point about McConnell being an asshole whom no one should be shame for saying bad things about

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/thi...ulus-sabotage/
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Can we just unplug the United States and plug them back in? I think we need a redo on this whole "country" thing.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

What the fuck is happening with our country?

Has anyone else had Republicans go full on conspiracy in small local matters yet as I have in my neighborhood? The "stop the steal", full on Trump conspiracy has made local Republicans near me go full off the deep end of crazy.

The town I live in specifically is always a 50/50/ split, with my neighborhood JUST barely leaning Democratic.

In my town that has thousands of people, Biden beat Trump by only 203 votes. Nearly all downballot Republicans won. However, the local Republican groups have been posting nonstop about how there MUST have been voter fraud in my town, because they believe the size of their Trump car rallies they held every day in the town actually lead to a productive campaign. They were constantly interfering with local businesses, yelling racial and homophobic slurs, and creating traffic. OF COURSE this didn't help you gain voters in the town where you kept doing this!

Even crazier, they now believe election fraud happened this week in my local FIREFIGHTERS COMMISSIONER ELECTION. They legitimately believe anti Trump corrupt figures lead a huge vote of fraud for an almost meaningless position. Such a small election that only around 1300 people voted in a district that had nearly 20,000 eligible voters.

The GOP hate group that has been behind all of this, the "Setauket Patriots"(who are led by an ex cop who solicited a woman in custody for sex) rallied behind a firefighter in the district, talking about how the Trump loving republicans need to win every office at every level. They propped up one of their supporters.

That Trump loving firefighter lost, with over 70% of the vote going to his opponent, a female firefighter of over 25 years.

This group believes that it's actually a Democratic conspiracy, and that the right wing firefighters of Long Island are ACTUALLY Soros funded operatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Can we just unplug the United States and plug them back in? I think we need a redo on this whole "country" thing.
    At this point let’s just go Sonny Corleone and stomp on it for good measure.

AGAIN, it's a publicity stunt to keep Trump happy, not a legitimate court request. Just like the last 51 arguments that were thrown away within hours.

And its NOT the entire states asking this, its one guy per state that Trump pressured on the phone.

They're saying it because their base (and Trump) has no idea how it works so it looks like they're doing something when they're actually doing nothing and running down the clock till Monday and earn another 50 mill in the meantime from people that can't afford it. And they'll complain and campaign on it for the next four years, but nothing is coming from it. .

It was LOCKED IN two days ago.

On Tuesday a lot more Republicans will be willing to say "whelp, I guess its decided, nothing we can do." after babysitting the child and his base and fucking with democracy.

Similarly Trump is insisting his goons investigate Hunter Biden so that can be a news story again. Nothing is going to come of that either.

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

The GA GOP senators have been waiting for Tuesday to say they are the last line of defense vs Biden and the Dems having a majority but if they say it now.... they will piss Trump off and he could really fuck them over.

I hope Trump fucks them over anyway tbh.

Aren't the MAGAs in Georgia planning to boycott this senatorial run off?

Keep in mind, the guy filing this, is fishing for a pardon because he's under indictment. This is 100% to kiss up to Trump, not to actually accomplish anything.

And again, stealing money from suckers who just don't know any better. 50 million a week? Most of that is going to Trump but some of it is going to republican graft. None of it is actually going towards "winning the election."

It's all a scam, they're not actually planning on anything happening. Melania is already deciding if their stuff gets moved to Florida or New York, and Trump has scheduled an event to counterprogram Biden's innaguration.

NONE OF THEM actually believe what they're saying or that anything is going to come from making these motions. It's just angling for pardons and cash.

"State A can sue state B over State A's opinion of the laws of the constitution" is NOT going to happen. Otherwise you're opening up decades of horrible lawsuits. Like California decides that Texas isn't regulating their second amendment militia very well and should get rid of their guns.

It's NOT going to happen. Not for Trump, not for an election that wasn't even close, not when there's this many states and this many millions of votes involved.

In 4 or 8 years they may have a better plan and try again, but its not happening this time.
    Last edited by Robby; December 10th, 2020 at 09:56 AM.

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Aren't the MAGAs in Georgia planning to boycott this senatorial run off?
    I'm sure some are but not enough at the moment to change what looks to be pretty much a 50/50 chance election with a slight lean towards the Republicans.

The senators are being careful around the whole Biden won thing so Trump does not say they didn't fight hard enough for him. Even with the bitching we are seeing online, Republicans always come out to do the party's duty even when they hate them.

But maybe, just maybe, enough of them don't come out this time. A good hope would be for Trump to call them treacherous RINOs.

Closed Thread

Thread Information