+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Default American Politics: A Brand New Day

As of 12:00 noon on Wednesday...

Welcome President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris!

May this administration be quiet and mostly not worth talking about.
    Last edited by Robby; January 21st, 2021 at 04:44 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Here's some good news:

Biden has nominated Dr. Rachel Levine as Assistant Health Secretary
    which will make her the first Trans cabinet member in a presidential administration.

Hoping this leads to some reforms on how our country handles trans healthcare.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Biden's genuinely done a pretty good job of picking a diverse cabinet- it's nearly 50% women and has representation from most minorities, including a Native American woman running the Department of the Interior (which manages public and tribal lands and is a huge deal). The one criticism I've seen is that a lot of these diverse picks are often in less influential positions that aren't in his inner cabinet.

It also seems like Biden's stepped up his outreach to progressives since the Georgia Senate wins after a number of depressingly moderate picks to start. For instance, his pick for the SEC chairman was one of Obama's toughest regulators and has Elizabeth Warren's strong approval.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

So excited. Within 24 hours in my region, I'm going to watch Biden be sworn and all that 4 years of madness is finally over. However Biden needs to address the problems with the far right. He should reach out to Trump's base and find ways to satisfy them so they won't live four years of anger. We need a leader that will address the crisis to prevent another January 6th from happening again.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    24 hours of this madness to go.

Lets see how many day 1 promises Biden keeps.
    Everything I've seen sounds good but he really does need to send out the full $2000.

It's really bizarre from an optics standpoint for him to risk coming off as cheap and deceptive on such an important issue.

Looking forward to seeing if Biden makes good on his stated intent to end executions.
    He was too late to save the ones that Trump's administration sped through (the highest rate of executions for a President in over a hundred years),
    but hopefully it stops here, right after the crammed week of death that just went by.

It's one of the main things I've always looked over my shoulder coldly towards the US for.
    It's my personal opinion that no one has the right to take a life in cold blood, no matter what the person did first.
    I've been hoping to see the day it gets abolished within my lifetime.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

When does the inauguration start? I'm gonna make a day of it tomorrow.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    When does the inauguration start? I'm gonna make a day of it tomorrow.
    Biden is officially president at noon, regardless of what point the ceremony is at.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Biden is officially president at noon, regardless of what point the ceremony is at.
    Thanks. I wanna watch the actual ceremony though. The amount of anguish and rage released by the maga chuds will sustain me for years to come.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

The ceremony starts at 11 am Eastern but it's hard to say when the actual swearing-in and speech will be. Should wrap up by 12:30 or so, judging by the scheduled livestream.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-2650029207/

What a loving patriotic family man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

I'll protect my family by killing them!

When the conservatives send their people, they're not sending their best. They're terrorists, they're murderers and some, I assume, are good people.

I'd say there's an okay person stuck in here and there in the crowd, they've just been THOROUGHLY duped.

Welp, there's one okay person.

Live Updates: Before Impeachment Trial, McConnell Says Capitol Assault Was ‘Provoked’ by Trump

Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, said the mob that stormed the Capitol “was fed lies,” referring to attempts by President Trump to overturn the election based on false claims of voter fraud. The president is expected to issue dozens of pardons.
    So we gonna have that sweet im-peach or what?

So much for all the shit talking of 4 more years, liberal tears, still voting trump, libcucks, and deep state excuses. The republicans became a bunch of shameless savages resorting to embracing schoolyard bullying for their general attitude for the country. They all sold their souls out to the devil for one last free ride and the clock has now run its course. All these gutless republicans watched as the man they knew was never on their side but his own try to reshape society around him, with all they caring about is all the money and private deals they got from him. Watch as time goes by all these red hatters pretend they never were part of the Q groupies or the Civil War 2.0 happening larpers.

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    The republicans became a bunch of shameless savages resorting to embracing schoolyard bullying for their general attitude for the country. They all sold their souls out to the devil for one last free ride and the clock has now run its course.
    Ain't that basically Goldwater? This cancer has only been growing in the heart of the party.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Military band playing Hit the Road Jack in front of the White House
    https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...291875845?s=20

The band playing 'Hit the Road Jack' is doctored. It isn't real.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information