+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1162

Thread: American Politics: A Brand New Day

  1. #921

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    https://www.rawstory.com/ruben-verastigui-trump/

    Those disgusting liberals praying on our children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  2. #922
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Pardon me while I barf. *blecgh*

  3. #923

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Biden Signs Executive Order on ‘Promoting Competition in the American Economy’:
    https://www.allsides.com/story/biden...erican-economy

    Wow, this is fucking epic! Biden did something awesome, especially making sure we have the right to repair our own electronics! Woot!

    Edit: Honestly, everything in this order is epic! Especially with stuff with ISPs and labor-related things. Means this might help small businesses too!

  4. #924
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Biden shows the GOP how to do a presidency right and cancels 55.6 million in student debt:
    https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...trk=fb&tsrc=fb

  5. #925

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Biden shows the GOP how to do a presidency right and cancels 55.6 million in student debt:
    https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...trk=fb&tsrc=fb
    Woot! It's always nice for positive things happening! Seems, the debt was canceled from colleges that were frauds/scams, but not actual genuine universities. But still is is fantastic news, and it helps those people that got those useless degrees get back on their feet.

  6. #926

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Biden shows the GOP how to do a presidency right and cancels 55.6 million in student debt:
    https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...trk=fb&tsrc=fb
    that headline is missing the bigger story.

    bringing the total amount of canceled student loan debt by the Biden administration to $1.5 billion.

    the Biden administration has canceled student loans for nearly 92,000 people. The $1.5 billion of canceled loan debt is an attempt by the Biden administration to address the backlog of forgiveness claims left by the prior administration.
    And, that is AMAZING. That is absolutely fantastic, not complaining. Especially only six months in! Keep it up! But, the actual numbers are so, so bad that's just a drop in the bucket, barely touching the actual problem.

    $1.71 trillion in total U.S. student loan debt. 44.7 million Americans with student loan debt.
    A trillion is just such a magnitude past a billion our minds can't comprehend it. But remove the zeroes and it becomes 15 cancelled... out of 10710.

    It's a start, it's great! but only a drop in the bucket.
    Last edited by Robby; July 11th, 2021 at 07:14 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  7. #927

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post


    A trillion is just such a magnitude past a billion our minds can't comprehend it. But remove the zeroes and it becomes 15 cancelled... out of 10710.

    It's a start, it's great! but only a drop in the bucket.
    Those 44 Million need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps or be reincarnated with a silver spoon in their mouths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  8. #928

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Senate Democrats Reveal Proposal to Decriminalize Marijuana:
    https://www.allsides.com/story/senat...lize-marijuana

    Woot! Here hopes this becomes a thing! It's good first step, should have never been illegal in the first place.

  9. #929

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Senate Democrats Reveal Proposal to Decriminalize Marijuana:
    https://www.allsides.com/story/senat...lize-marijuana

    Woot! Here hopes this becomes a thing! It's good first step, should have never been illegal in the first place.
    Hah like Manchin won't be on the repbulican board of "Nay" to this.

  10. #930

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    I particularly like this part:

    "it would also allow appeals for those in prison for marijuana charges, and expunge federal nonviolent marijuana convictions."

    That sounds excellent, since one of my main concerns would be "now what about those poor bastards stuck in jail from before the fact?"

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  11. #931

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    A Woman Is Facing A Hate Crime Charge Over Stomping On A 'Back The Blue' Sign In Utah:
    https://www.npr.org/2021/07/15/10164...lue-sign-in-ut

    This really concerns me. What happened to freedom of speech? I thought Republicans was for this. I mean it's just a sign. It be no different if someone stomped on a Black Lives Matter sign. It's just being against the movement...

    Lauren Gibson, 19, is accused of stomping on a "Back the Blue" sign while "smirking in an intimidating manner" at a Garfield County sheriff's deputy.
    Oh, yes... apparently a smirk means you being intimidating. Like a cop is more intimidating than a look, like cops have guns. I always feel intimidated by cops, so I guess I can say they are committing a hate crime by looking intimidating? Seriously, like what the fuck, the more I think about this, the more fucked up it fucking is. This is unjust and wrong, and just going too far. We don't need the thought police.. or getting arrested because you have a different opinion. That's what happened here.

    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    I particularly like this part:

    "it would also allow appeals for those in prison for marijuana charges, and expunge federal nonviolent marijuana convictions."

    That sounds excellent, since one of my main concerns would be "now what about those poor bastards stuck in jail from before the fact?"
    Yes! It means it will free up our prisons and actually have people for real crimes and not possession of a plant.

  12. #932

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Have you guys had your ACAB dose for the week?
    https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/...68811293741059

  13. #933

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Why did I just heard of this a week later and how there wasn't an angry rally of right-wingers in sight?

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57788220

  14. #934

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Have you guys had your ACAB dose for the week?
    https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/...68811293741059
    What the fuck? The one that got shot didn't even do nothing wrong.

    Though I'm confused about the situation as a whole. Like why are the cops there? Are these like rubber bullet guns? What's going on that caused this situation to escalate like this?

  15. #935

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Now your privacy is not only violated by the NSA but by any of the 60 clients of the NSO Group:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-group-pegasus

  16. #936
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Have you guys had your ACAB dose for the week?
    https://twitter.com/PplsCityCouncil/...68811293741059
    Absolutely disgusting.

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    What the fuck? The one that got shot didn't even do nothing wrong.

    Though I'm confused about the situation as a whole. Like why are the cops there? Are these like rubber bullet guns? What's going on that caused this situation to escalate like this?
    It appears to be an LGBTQ+ support rally, and yes they were rubber bullet guns. Which "technically" are not lethal, but being shot at point-blank range like that is going to do some serious damage.
    https://news.yahoo.com/lgbtq-activis...020017909.html

  17. #937

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It appears to be an LGBTQ+ support rally, and yes they were rubber bullet guns. Which "technically" are not lethal, but being shot at point-blank range like that is going to do some serious damage.
    https://news.yahoo.com/lgbtq-activis...020017909.html
    Hmm, interesting. Seems protestors were attacking each other from what I'm getting. But I don't think the police should have shot anyone, maybe gas or something. Just trying to understand the situation from both sides.

    I do agree point blank rubber bullets can really leave you a bruise. In the video the person wasn't even doing anything threatening at all. They didn't deserve to get shot like that.

  18. #938
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Rubber bullets can do more than just leave a bruise.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/ru...-of-being-shot

  19. #939

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    https://www.rawstory.com/cedar-point-nursery-v-hassid/

    The never ending story of Unions being cut off at the knees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  20. #940

    Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Rubber bullets can do more than just leave a bruise.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/ru...-of-being-shot
    Sheesh.... it's worse than compared to airsoft pellets. Honestly, tazers feel like a better option. I really don't know. I guess it depends on the situation...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts