+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Probably what they talked about before, during, and since:

American Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    If I recall, this series of threads started way back during the Obama vs Biden election, no?

I mean, I don't think the Q people are exactly going anywhere, and Fox News will go back to their schtick. They're disgruntled, yes, but they'll always be stubborn.
    There used to be election threads, while political news went into the random/news article thread. The American politics thread was created shortly after Trump was elected.

Yeah, the only thing that's its guaranteed to change in the internet, is that you can criticize Biden without being attacked by cultist.

Maybe with an inteligency agence against them they could track down and dismantle Q, now that it has been proven to be a dangerous group?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I personally would try to take over quietly and play the deescalation game: tone down the message to simmer the dangerous from the rest, and keep watch over those.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

And thus ends the hijacking and joyride that Trump took this country on for four years.

I mean, he didn't start a civil war (yet), so I guess he's still technically better than Buchanan.

Now that this day is over I feel a sense of calm rushing over me. There's problems ahead yes, but one major orange problem is gone. It feels good.

Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Someone shared this with me earlier:

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._YXMAsb5wZ.png
    The lengths crazy people would go to even believe this "supposed plan" happening is astounding. Something like this only happens in action flicks, not in real life. Still, its amusing to read...as in reading these fantasies of theirs.

Beau says some nice things about Trump for his final day.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So we can credit Trump for the upcoming immigration flux and improved LGBTQ+ rights?

Our newest Senators.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So does this count as a New Game+ mode?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...1/01/20/day-1/

Day 1: "Democracy has prevailed."

Spoiler:
    1/ Biden was sworn as the 46th president of the United States, moments after Kamala Harris took her oath of office, making her the first woman and the first woman of color to serve as vice president. “This is America’s day,” Biden said as he began his Inaugural Address. “This is democracy’s day.” Biden – the oldest man to be sworn in as president at 78 – described today as “our historic moment of crisis and challenge,” as he called on the nation to end its “uncivil war” and embrace “Unity [as] the path forward. And we must meet this moment as the United States of America. If we do that, I guarantee you we will not fail.” Four years after Trump attacked the Washington establishment throughout his Inaugural Address, declaring that the “American carnage stops right here and stops right now,” Biden offered a direct rebuttal: “We’ve learned again that democracy is precious, democracy is fragile — and at this hour, my friends, democracy has prevailed.” (New York Times / Washington Post / NBC News / Wall Street Journal / CNN / Politico)
    • Biden’s Inaugural Address, Annotated. (NPR)
    • Biden inauguration live blogs: New York Times / Washington Post / NPR / The Guardian / Politico / Bloomberg / Wall Street Journal / ABC News / NBC News / CNN
    • Trump left a note for Biden in the Oval Office’s Resolute Desk. A Trump White House spokesperson did not reveal the contents of what Trump left for Biden to read. (Politico / USA Today)
    • Melania Trump outsourced her “thank you” notes to the White House residence staff who cared for her and her family for the last four years. A low-level East Wing staffer wrote them “in her voice,” and she signed her name. (CNN)
    • 💡 Biden inherits a country that is older, on shakier economic footing, and is more politically polarized. “The coronavirus pandemic halted the 11-year economic expansion and drove up unemployment just as the typical American household was starting to enjoy sustained income growth. Americans were living longer until the pandemic exacted a swift, deadly toll.” (Wall Street Journal)
    • 💡 Trump will step into a financial minefield that appears to be unlike anything he has faced. “Baseless election fraud claims and the Capitol riot have compounded already-looming threats to his bottom line. And the cash lifelines he once relied on are gone.” (New York Times)
    2/ Trump, who refused to concede, never congratulated Biden and skipped his successor’s swearing-in, held a small, socially distanced military-style send-off for himself before leaving for his Florida resort. “I hope they don’t raise your taxes,” Trump told the crowd of several hundred people at Joint Base Andrews. “But if they do, I told you so.” While Trump did not mention Biden by name, he did “wish the new administration great luck and great success.” Trump concluded his remarks, vowing to “be back in some form” and, as the Village People’s “Y.M.C.A.” began playing, Trump told his supporters: “Have a good life.” (Washington Post / Politico / Bloomberg / Wall Street Journal / The Guardian)
    • Trump discussed forming a new political party and wants to call it the “Patriot Party.” (Wall Street Journal)
    • The Proud Boys mock Trump, call him “extraordinarily weak” and a “total failure.” (New York Times)
    • Believers in the QAnon conspiracy theory struggled to square their falsehoods with the inauguration. As it became clear that their long-awaited mass arrests of Biden and other “deep-state” Democrats, followed by the restoration of the Trump presidency, QAnon believers began to wonder if they had been tricked. (Daily Beast / New York Times)
    3/ Trump granted clemency to 143 people in his final hours as president, wiping away the convictions and prison sentences for a host of corrupt politicians and business executives. In total, Trump issued a batch of 73 pardons and 70 commutations, including a pardoned for Stephen Bannon, his former White House chief strategist who was charged with defrauding donors to a private fundraising effort for construction of a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border, and Elliott Broidy, who pleaded guilty in October to acting as an unregistered foreign agent and lobbying the Trump administration on behalf of foreign interests. Trump, however, did not preemptively pardon himself or his family. (Washington Post / New York Times / NBC News / CNN / New York Times / Washington Post / The Guardian)
    • Full list of Trump’s pardons and commuted sentences. (NBC News)
    4/ Trump rescinded his administration’s ethics pledge intended to “drain the swamp.” In 2017, Trump signed an executive order that barred political appointees from lobbying the government or working for foreign countries related to their agency for five years. At the time Trump joked that his political appointees would “not be subject to those commitments after noon January 20, 2021.” However, in a late-night executive order issued in the final hours of his presidency, Trump rescinded the executive order. The Trump White House did not offer any justification for the reversal. (Washington Post / Politico / Bloomberg)
    • Trump extended post-presidency Secret Service protection to 14 members of his family who were not entitled to receive it, at no cost. (Washington Post)
    • Trump declassified some documents related to the FBI’s Russia investigation. No documents, however, were immediately released. (New York Times)
    5/ Trump administration officials said Homeland Security entered into last-minute agreements to “sabotage” the Biden administration’s efforts to unwind its immigration policies. Homeland Security signed legal agreements with state and local authorities in recent weeks that would require the agency to delay making changes for 180 days. (NBC News)

6/ Biden plans to make immediate and extensive use of executive orders to undo much of the last four years under Trump. On Day One, Biden is expected to sign 17 executive actions, memorandums, and proclamations from the Oval Office to address the pandemic, economic relief, immigration, climate change, and racial equity. Biden will also sign executive orders to extend bans on pandemic-related home evictions and foreclosures, revoke the permit for the Keystone XL oil pipeline, and reverse Trump’s travel ban on several largely Muslim and African countries. (Politico / Washington Post / New York Times / Bloomberg / Wall Street Journal)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-qanon-2650043613/

I really need to check and see if one of the people I follow on Twitter or anyone else has a breakdown on the QAnon madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

https://youtu.be/_aqUR0Y3dM0 Here is a simple victory theme that symbolize Trump's departure and Biden's entry.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Here's to the start of a great 4 years with our 46th President and 49th Vice President!

A wonderful speech, one without Trump, who is the first president in 150 years to not attend the inauguration of the new one. To the very end, an immature baby.

But whatever, my girl ROCKED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/trump-qanon-2650043613/

I really need to check and see if one of the people I follow on Twitter or anyone else has a breakdown on the QAnon madness.
    A little more here, but mostly just wonderful schadenfreude.
    https://secondnexus.com/qanon-suppor...k6A8Grv0MNb8ag

Gaga's version sounded a little like Disney or a musical.

how much foil do you need on your head to believe this

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    A wonderful speech, one without Trump, who is the first president in 150 years to not attend the inauguration of the new one. To the very end, an immature baby.
    Jimmy Carter was also absent, but he has the excuse of being 94 and in failing health. I heard Biden's acceptance speech included Carter in his thank yous, but never mentioned Trump directly or indirectly.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information