+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Conservatives whining about Disney and "cancel culture" is really hilarious if you remember the 1990s and the repeated demands by conservatives back then to boycott Disney because their parks wouldn't ban gay groups and so-called subliminal texts in their films.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Conservatives whining about Disney and "cancel culture" is really hilarious if you remember the 1990s and the repeated demands by conservatives back then to boycott Disney because their parks wouldn't ban gay groups and so-called subliminal texts in their films.
    I remember that happening in the early to mid 2010s.

There were definitely segments about it on Fox at the time where people yelled about Disney engaging in a liberal conspiracy to brainwash kids into gayness.

One important thing to remember about "cancel culture":
    Hidden:

once again disney shows to be crappy corporation
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/disney-bill-nye-streaming-1234910834/

There's some irony in the conservative Disney+ watcher threatening to cancel their subscription

The conspiracy idiots are going a step-further by claiming that the Texas snowstorm was fake and created by the government or Bill Gates:
    https://www.comicsands.com/conspirac...neyFG1qbXkhT60

They just can't admit it snowed and want to INSIST this is all fake in order to push a pointless campaign against climate change. Give me a break.

At least Joe Biden is being cool:
    https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/136...OK_dn_6PmejR7E

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    once again disney shows to be crappy corporation
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/disney-bill-nye-streaming-1234910834/
    *shakes head* I have nothing but love and respect for all the creative minds at Disney, but their businessmen really make me sad.

Bad enough the winter storm is considered fake, now I get to have fun seeing people either defend Ted Cruise's terrible choice to leave or outright ignore it, then go around and somehow try to use what AOC is doing as a gotcha against her. Someone claimed that her coming down to help with food kitchens and donating money to charities showed that charities were better than wasteful government spending. This is ignoring that if private corporations spent money to make sure their power plants could withstand this storm, and if we had better programs to make sure people didn't have to go starving or hope that other people would donate to help them we wouldn't be in this situation. Really goes to show how they can't even say thank you for coming to a state that they don't represent to help people in a time of crisis, yet somehow it's people like AOC that politicize everything.

America is living it's second age of Robber Barons. Corporations don't get hated for fucking with peoples lives, it's always the gov'ts fault.
    Texas case was both, but alas.

In our continuing tale of "You can't make this shit up", there are now a bunch of Gen Z-ers who think Hellen Keller didn't exist:
    https://www.comicsands.com/tiktokers...Wp3KL3VUB3f5tU

Real teacher asks his student, "Are you confusing Keller with Hitler" and the student replies, "Who's Hitler?" Also asks what D-Day is and they say, "Is that a rapper?"

Those kids needs to read Jujutsu Kaisen then.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Like it's 2021 and I know more about Hellen Keller, World War 2 and Amelia Earhat than an avarage american youth.

Sounds like you actually listened in history class.

I’m curious though as to who Amelia Earhat is
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I will always know who Hellen Keller is because our english class (not the theatre class) did the play and I was the father and the ONLY one that actually memorized their lines.

That story is stuck with me forever, even if I don't remember any of the dialogue anymore.

Still remember large chunks of Puck's speech from Midsummer's Night tho. And all the dialogue of Dr. Pinch from Comedy of Errors.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

House Rep Marie Newman is putting forth the Equality Act to finally codify it into Law that LGBTQ+ folk shouldn't be discriminated against instead of relying on the interpretation of the Civil Rights Act that Trump was easily able to just end with a memo. She followed this up by flying a Trans Pride Flag outside her office in honor of her trans daughter.

So naturally, Rep. Qanon Karen had to fire back with a stupid bigoted sign right outside her office (Which is across from Newman's)

Some days it's harder than others to ignore the fact that the world hates us...

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Just remember that we don't all hate you.

And "QAnon Karen" is my new name for her.

God so many presidents assassinated or shot in office, but no ones picks a gun to end a blight like Qanon Karen and her troupe. Why defend the second amendment them?

Also “protection of religious liberties” is becoming a code word for defend the right for bigotry and discrimination. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    And "QAnon Karen" is my new name for her.
    Or maybe just Qaren? I don't know, I feel like there's a way to shorten that.

God so many presidents assassinated or shot in office, but no ones picks a gun to end a blight like Qanon Karen and her troupe. Why defend the second amendment them?
    What can I say? Only the good die young.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Just remember that we don't all hate you.
    I know but honestly? Some days it feels like those of you who don't are in the minority....

Also “protection of religious liberties” is becoming a code word for defend the right for bigotry and discrimination. Geez.
    Nah, it's definitely always been that.

See: People in the early 2000s shouting loudly about "Religious Liberty" every time Gay people came up in the discussion but going eerily silent whenever Islamophobia happened.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    House Rep Marie Newman is putting forth the Equality Act to finally codify it into Law that LGBTQ+ folk shouldn't be discriminated against instead of relying on the interpretation of the Civil Rights Act that Trump was easily able to just end with a memo. She followed this up by flying a Trans Pride Flag outside her office in honor of her trans daughter.

So naturally, Rep. Qanon Karen had to fire back with a stupid bigoted sign right outside her office (Which is across from Newman's)

Some days it's harder than others to ignore the fact that the world hates us...
    *reads the sign*
    Oh now they claim to believe in science. Even funnier since the science doesn't agree with her gender binary view.

It's actually "Protection of Religious Liberties*"
    *as long as your religion is Christianity only and you're white.

Sorry, so "protection of religious liberties" already is a code word for bigotry and discrimination.
    I wonder how Mormonstan didn't created it's on set of religious laws, but that might be just Utah's legislation and I'm not aware of that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information