Thread: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Meanwhile, this is happening:

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Meanwhile, this is happening:

Oh mister my spine is made of wet graham crackers and the texan asshole that wants to be president but has 0 charisma so have to suck the tits of whomever is in power. What a shock.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So we booting the discarded mutated puppet or GOP is taking the knee to a orange failed clone of Sheev?

Two hours after a majority of Senators, including four Republicans, vote to call in witnesses, the Democrats decide to just not do that and go straight to acquittal.

Tell me how those people are any better than McConnell refusing witnesses in the previous impeachment trial.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1360648128484036612

Controlled opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Two hours after a majority of Senators, including four Republicans, vote to call in witnesses, the Democrats decide to just not do that and go straight to acquittal.
    I don't see that anywhere. Got a link?

Please, somebody give me good reason why dems would want to end this trial ASAP. Please. Oh, it seems like dems are afraid of the GOP sending bullshit witnesses, and want to limit those, something like that?
    Last edited by DoctorPhil; February 13th, 2021 at 12:44 PM.

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Witnesses would ensure the trial goes on until 2022 or however long the GOP would want.

Meaning Biden will never get his agenda passed. And the Dems will be blamed for not giving Covid relief.

While Trump gets acquitted anyway.

Because witnesses are not going to change that outcome. Best to end it now and do what the American people actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    What are the chances Mitch is trying to salvage the GOP by getting more 11 to vote the impeach in an act to cover their own asses for being complicit with Donnie?
    Well.

https://www.rawstory.com/mcconnell-trump-2650526755/

Quote Originally Posted by Dorobō Neko View Post

Because witnesses are not going to change that outcome. Best to end it now and do what the American people actually want.
    In the interest of fairness even with his acquittal being all but ensured a large number of the public want Trump to be convicted in addition to Biden fixing Trump’s fuck ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

And acquittal it is. Gotta love a failed democracy.

Sure but help is more important. I would love Trump to go down. Very much. But not at the price of losing help here. State courts can handle him though.

lmao the Senate is literally on recess next week. They are not going to prioritize covid relief over their own vacation time.

And good thing the weeks after won't be more of this trial that had an outcome we all saw coming.

Why even bother doing anything. Dems refuse to abolish the filibuster, which means they can't commit to real change, which means they won't even be able to pass Biden's covid relief package anyway and the GOP will sweep the midterms. The outcome is clear anyway.

Biden's covid relief package is coming through reconciliation anyway. So not really a worry there about midterms.

And I am sorry you thought 18 Republican Senators would somehow vote guilty.

If nothing else it'll definitely be interesting to see the infighting amongst Republicans over the specific group of Senators & Representatives who voted in favor of impeachment. While others like McConnell contradict themselves with bad arguments as to why they voted to acquit Trump.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

acquittal, gee, what a shockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Tbf it seemed like a grim outlook to begin with. Narrow senate control being one of the hurdles against it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    acquittal, gee, what a shockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Tbf it seemed like a grim outlook to begin with. Narrow senate control being one of the hurdles against it.
    Pretty much, next best thing is to see lawsuits and criminal charges get filed.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Pretty much, next best thing is to see lawsuits and criminal charges get filed.
    One by one or alles zusammen? Which is better?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information