+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1260

Thread: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll!!

Default Re: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll!!

Yeah I get not wanting to obscure or overtake the artwork and that's fine... but basically just dropping flat colors and calling it a day is so basic there's really no point and it just kind of looks garish and bad.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

3rd and final cover for ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll :

https://twitter.com/EMUNOPLA/status/...753653252?s=19

Embedded for everyone's convenience:

Marco in this last part is a good show of some of the stuff Robby was talking about - with the colours in his wings blurring together too much into something murky rather than fiery, and his blue birdfeet blending in badly with the sea.

It also shows what I love about Oda's fire a lot better than the flames around Sanji's legs. There's something really satisfying in the rounded, rolling way he forms the tongues of flame, and it manages to look a lot brighter than a lot of the other energy effects in the piece because of the choice to use big, obvious white cores rather than fill the whole thing with colour. I can't think of many artists whose fire looks quite the same, so it always stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by EMUNOPLA View Post
    3rd and final cover for ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Embedded for everyone's convenience:
    Not to be THAT guy, but have you consulted Shift about spoilers in this case?
    Since that last time with the 1st piece, I think we need to be extra careful about showing here anything that is not officially released. The Shueisha video with the full picture was an "official release", but this is a leak. I'd be careful about that and check out before posting.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Not to be THAT guy, but have you consulted Shift about spoilers in this case?
    They already put out the whole thing through official channels last week, albeit at an angle. It's not a spoiler anymore.

We only came down hard on not putting the images up before because we didn't want to set any precedent for people posting whatever they wanted from a new chapter just because they felt like it wasn't a spoiler, or we'd run into problems every time there was a color spread. And to respect the official release as is forum policy.

But this is already fully released publicly now so it's fine.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Am I wrong or this is the first time we see old Garp using black busoushoku?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They already put out the whole thing through official channels last week, albeit at an angle. It's not a spoiler anymore.

We only came down hard on not putting the images up before because we didn't want to set any precedent for people posting whatever they wanted from a new chapter just because they felt like it wasn't a spoiler, or we'd run into problems every time there was a color spread. And to respect the official release as is forum policy.

But this is already fully released publicly now so it's fine.
    Oh, ok. All settled, then.

-------------------------

Since this is not considered spoilker, I'll discuss it here.

This is my least favorite piece of the poster.

Sabo and Ace look cool, and they form, with Carrot, the "heroes" of this piece.

But almost everyone is oddly placed, IMO. Unlike the previous pieces, characters are not grouped by affinity. Buggy is off by himself, same as Carrot. Carrot's color scheme and positioning almost makes it feel like she's part of the marines and rushing with Garp, Koby and Kuzan to attack the others. Capone being focused outward, like most allies, makes sense, but Hawkins is also facing outward, instead of attacking the Straw Hats like the other Supernovas, which gives him an "ally" vibe. The Whitebeard pirates and marines are all over place and not neatly packed.

Not saying that it's bad, just that it feels a lot more chaotic than the previous 2 pieces.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Am I wrong or this is the first time we see old Garp using black busoushoku?
    Well, we never saw him fighting post-timeskip, and haki was portrayed as invisible back then, so...
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I think its interesting the only characters on this spread whom we have not yet seen in Post TimeSkip, are Crocodile, Eneru, and Mr2 (if you don't count the one cover page). So they are all in their Pre TimeSkip designs

Pretty sure we saw Crocodile in silhouette back during one of the early Reverie chapters, where everyone was reacting to Luffy's new bounty, and he's also in Stampede, if that counts. His coat in Stampede is more in line with the one he wore during Impel Down/Marineford, though, whereas the one he has on in the colorspread is definitely more in line with his Alabasta-arc coat.

No reason he can't have a selection to choose from, though...

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post
    Pretty sure we saw Crocodile in silhouette back during one of the early Reverie chapters, where everyone was reacting to Luffy's new bounty, and he's also in Stampede, if that counts. His coat in Stampede is more in line with the one he wore during Impel Down/Marineford, though, whereas the one he has on in the colorspread is definitely more in line with his Alabasta-arc coat.

No reason he can't have a selection to choose from, though...
    It's not even silhouette, he's clearly shown in one panel in chapter 903, reading the news about Luffy.

High Quality ( 3rd Cover of the poll ) :

https://twitter.com/EMUNOPLA/status/...577288197?s=19

HQ for the 100 Characters ( Full ) :

https://twitter.com/EMUNOPLA/status/...128240129?s=19

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

I was under the impression that Garp used Armament Hardening during Chinjao’s flashback...but I can’t check it right now.

I too think that Oda’s fire effects are really charmy and they just stand up whenever they are used (even in b&w). I like it best with this “painted” feeling, in opposition to Robby’s suggestion of adding glow and neon colors to it - it just feel more cohesive as a picture to me. The glow also reminds me of Marvel coloring, which most of the times I find really plastic and unattractive.

Oda’s Ice effects are cooler in b&w, though. Kazan seems to be riding a really pale wave instead of an ice avalanche lol

3rd part of the poster in HQ, without watermarks :)

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/statu...13713513869313

And full poster in HQ, without watermarks :)

As it is not the first time Oda fixed his own agenda to meet readers favorite (Law having a major role over Kid a consequence of it, just like Carrot at Wholecake was to accomplish some editor or staff's preference if I remember it right), do you think there's a slightly possibility some of this poll unexpected top characters will have major roles? I mean, Carrot still placing 8th could assure her some role in the upcoming storylines (not talking about crew joining, just screentime), just as much as Mr 2 or Perhona. Not talking about Crocodile, as the fact he still appears reading about Luffy's bounties clearly scream "I'll be back sooner or later".

On a side note, I find interesting Oda burden himself to fit a lot of characters which he shouldn't have depicted (most of supernovas, Kaido, BM and Teach, some of Warlords) just to portray whole plot relevant teams, but chose to not fit any admiral near Kuzan. I know he's a "former admiral", but the Warlords formation here is the old one too (lack of Weeble).
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    And full poster in HQ, without watermarks :)

https://images2.imgbox.com/05/27/QUgyu3U4_o.jpg
    Dang, I ordered all three issues for the full poster, but now I'm wondering if it would be easier to just print that right there. The resolution seems high enough to get a decent size out of it.

I really like the final product. When taken for what it is, that being a showcase for a ton of characters as opposed to a standard color spread, I think it succeeds wonderfully. It'll make for a cool poster to have in a hallway or something.

Announced 18 new figures from "World Collectable Figure" collection and based in the special poster!!

Eiichiro Oda illustration for the top popularity poll characters.

Here is figures by Ichiban Kuji.

Spoiler:

The whole illustration in WATERS Takeshiba next sept 17 (to 26).

I find it really funny that they just had to have a Yamato one to the point that it meant having a tiny Katakuri in front so it was consistent with the poster XD

Wait, are there two different figure line being based on the samme poster? One normal and one bobblehead?

Yeesh, marketing.

Poor Franky got cut out of the SH crop.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information