+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll!!

Default Re: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll Announcement !!

Gonna alternate voting Robin and other favs (Zoro, Sanji, Brook, Bellamy, Pudding)

Oceania got some good taste there
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Charlotte Perosperaw is some "Masaru D. Chocheh" shit right there.

i was extremely boring and made my first vote luffy.

probably gonna cycle between straw hats, croc, enel, buggy, not so much new faces a la wano

I'm voting for Sanji every single time! Three-5 times a day!
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

I will be voting for my Favorite Characters Brook,Franky,Ivankov,Kaku,Scrathman Apoo,Otoma,Wanze,Mr.2,Zeo,Nami,Buggy The Clown,Sugar,Foxy,Wapol and etc

Kamen Rider OOOs

10 years later and Yonka Two still amuses me as a joke.

Anyway, voted for Jinbro.

Poll is going to be suuuuper biased towards the strawhats though since they're in their own category at the front of the vote.

And alphabetical/order of appearance Yamato is alllll the way at the end of Wano.
    Last edited by Robby; January 3rd, 2021 at 11:54 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Anyone else notice Stephen's suggested translations for the pun names of bit part characters like the Impel Down prisoners and background Marines named in various databooks being used on the English version of the poll site? Nice touch. But they also have Zoro, Enel and Jango without the silent D at the front, so even though Stephen seems to have been involved, it's not blindly following the current English style guide either. Greg also seems to be claiming some credit for at least the Zoro thing. Wonder if there's some interesting talks happening behind the scenes about official English names recently and if we'll ever see anything more come of them.

The Cake Island voting roster has pages upon pages of Charlottes. Oops. Silly last names.

Oh man, Impel Down army wolves are a choice! Guess I have to vote for that at least once.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Anyone else notice Stephen's suggested translations for the pun names of bit part characters like the Impel Down prisoners and background Marines named in various databooks being used on the English version of the poll site? Nice touch. But they also have Zoro, Enel and Jango without the silent D at the front, so even though Stephen seems to have been involved, it's not blindly following the current English style guide either. Greg also seems to be claiming some credit for at least the Zoro thing. Wonder if there's some interesting talks happening behind the scenes about official English names recently and if we'll ever see anything more come of them.
    Blackbeard is also getting the proper Teach spelling instead of Teech.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The Cake Island voting roster has pages upon pages of Charlottes. Oops. Silly last names.

Oh man, Impel Down army wolves are a choice! Guess I have to vote for that at least once.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Blackbeard is also getting the proper Teach spelling instead of Teech.
    Oh yeah. And I've noticed since my last post we've got Inuarashi and Nekomamushi as well, which was probably the name issue least in need of a fix but still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    it will begin on 4th Jan.

Postcards vote: 10 points for the character.
    Web Vote: 1 point for the character.
    Wait, how do you actually do a postcard vote? Now that I actually live in Japan I want to take part in this.^^

Wow, I think I need to throw a vote one day to random marine Uweshall Notpass.

Wow, that name.

I know for sure, I will give a vote for one of the underrated character in the series, Sam.

Please guys, at least vote for Victimothy Crucifixio (the guy Kid crucified post-war) once.

He died for your sins.

Kinda upset by Shiki's absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

"What's the deal with the names?"

I was approached about the project some time ago, specifically translating the names. I was asked if I wanted to work with someone considering the volume and only one person came to mind, Stephen.

I decided that as the official translator, Stephen should handle all names that haven't been previously translated and set a standard. Meanwhile, I asked the editorial side in Japan if we could arrange names so that they'd be in forms that best respected the Viz spellings ***but also*** were widely accepted by fans. Thus, we were able to get some cool names in.

I then went on to translate the site proper.

"Where's this character I like but isn't on the list?"

That was all decided before we were involved. I noted that Kumadori's mom was missing and they said the final list had already been solidified. As for why, some, like Kumadori's mom, slipped through the cracks. It happens. Others might be 'complicated' with respect to rights. Many fans think of One Piece asa single entity but make no mistake, there are very clear lines between the anime and manga that the world doesn't see.

The good news is, so long as you obtain a seal for the mail-in campaign, you can vote for literally anyone.

The real surprise absence is Oda himself. He's been top 50 in every poll except the first. Hard to say if he'll be able to keep that up without international votes.

Now that the site updated with the first day, it looks like it's the usual suspects dominating everywhere.

Law in the top 3 instead of Sanji is pure sacrilege.

But at least every place not Japan is fighting the good fight.

It's all Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Law now.

Yeah, this will be boring to follow.

And Zoro beating Luffy apparently. The sign of the times.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information