+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll Announcement !!

Default Re: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll Announcement !!

The Vote period has ended ! Results in May 2021 via WSJ and Website !

The website still lets me vote.

Guess they finally turned it off now.

Excited to see the final results but May 2021, that's a fair wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Guess they finally turned it off now.

Excited to see the final results but May 2021, that's a fair wait.
    Well, if its going to be announced in print, then you need three weeks prior to the publication date for printing, and time for Oda to draw the tie in color spread so... mid April for it to be done on *their* end isn't unreasonable.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm very curious to see the top 15 turnout when it's released.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well, if its going to be announced in print, then you need three weeks prior to the publication date for printing, and time for Oda to draw the tie in color spread so... mid April for it to be done on *their* end isn't unreasonable.
    I think they will publish the final results in Jump Golden Week issue at the end of April or maybe in first May issue.

By the way, I could vote today too (at 00:02 JPT) but I'm not sure if it's valid or not.

This time only appears "Thank you for voting!" sentence but not Set sail with us again tomorrow!

Last edited by redon; February 28th, 2021 at 09:00 AM.

Guys Idk what is happening even though the poll has ended the online OP data site is still generating some random data filling all the slots in every region with a
    Strawhat. I think its due to some glitch or error in the site as it has recorded loads of data for last 2 months but if it's true they should at least remove it because
    The poll has ended at last and it creates tension and annoyance . We cannot vote anymore nor we can see the Daily hot Characters as the page has been taken down I wonder from where is this data being
    fetched from and it's only showing the SHs.But the good thing is that the original standings are stationary and not changing. Idk if this is real or some kind
    of Joke.

Message from One Piece Staff account.

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...7554880794625/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Emperor View Post
    Well if we're to completely ignore this data, there is literally nothing and this thread might as well be locked until May when we have something official to discuss.

At any rate, I'll take my leave until then. Toodles.
    And since you posted yesterday turns out I was right as the top hourly 3 meant nothing.

You argued Carrot would be more popular then Yamato in Asia & Japan, turns out it was the opposite as Yamato is more popular especially in Japan.

Don’t expect the votes to change much in February mate.

To put some hard numbers to it, here are the disparities between the final Jugol rankings and the Mid-Term rankings for everyone who made it into the top 30 for either, since that's what I tended to highlight:
    Spoiler:
    MONKEY.D.LUFFY Exact
    RORONOA ZORO 1 Low
    SANJI 3 Low
    TRAFALGAR LAW 5 Low
    PORTGAS.D.ACE 6 Low
    NICO ROBIN 2 Low
    NAMI 3 High
    SABO 4 Low
    BOA.HANCOCK 4 High
    SHANKS 10 Low
    YAMATO 9 High
    CHARLOTTE KATAKURI 2 High
    DONQUIXOTE ROSINANTE 10 Low
    USOPP Exact
    TONY TONY.CHOPPER 2 Low
    CROCODILE 23 Low
    CARROT 10 High
    MARCO 25 Low
    JINBE Exact
    BENTHAM 6 Low
    NEFELTARI VIVI 8 Low
    KOZUKI ODEN 9 Low
    BROOK 8 High
    PERONA 20 Low
    DONQUIXOTE DOFLAMINGO 15 Low
    EUSTASS.KID 7 Low
    WOOP SLAP Never Ranked
    DRACULE.MIHAWK 6 High
    EDWARD NEWGATE 5 High
    FRANKY 12 High
    ---
    MONET 46 High
    PEDRO 64 High
    TASHIGI 22 High
    X.DRAKE 28 High
    VINSMOKE REIJU 15 High
    VISTA 59 High
    Dr.HIRILUK 34 High

I'm taking Woop Slap out of consideration since he never ranked in the Hot 3. His ranking was primarily due to GrandLineReview asking his followers to vote for him (a practice I personally frown upon).
    The average disparity among the remaining 36 was 13.42.
    If one were to discard the 7 that ranked top 30 for Jugol but not the Mid-Term (not that you should; I won't sugarcoat it), the average disparity was 7.41.
    Whether those disparities are too large to be useful or not is up to anyone to decide.

You argued Carrot would be more popular then Yamato in Asia & Japan, turns out it was the opposite as Yamato is more popular especially in Japan.
    I'm legitimately confused how I gave this impression, even after looking back at all my posts in this thread. I pretty much always expected Yamato to be more popular than Carrot. That the latter managed to come out on top in even just Latin America is better than I expected. If I had to guess, you're referring to when I said:
    Yeah, I'd have to agree, especially since most of the postcard votes are going to be from Japan, in which Yamato has only been a hot character 8 times. She also does poorly in Asia with 7 appearances.
    Which is somewhat true. In Mid-Terms she ranked 19th in Japan and 13th in Asia, both worse than her total rank of 11th. She did do relatively poorly in those 2 regions and thus I expect postcards will drop her total rank further. I was not comparing her to Carrot though.

The main prediction I made was that based on Jugol's rankings, Yamato would make top 10 and Carrot would make top 20. I was wrong with Yamato and correct with Carrot, for the Mid-Terms. However, given Yamato's poor performance in Japan and Carrot's abysmal performance there, I see them both dropping with postcards. I'll adjust my predictions for the final total rankings:
    -Yamato will be somewhere in the top 17.
    -Carrot will be somewhere in the top 30.

Anyway, I'm reminded that my self-esteem is too fragile for public discourse so instead of just this thread, I think I'll refrain from posting on AP at all this time. And indefinitely, instead of a few months. With the possible exception of replying to any replies to this post. My apologies for the intrusion, everyone.

Yamato didn’t do poor in Japan though I don’t get how you could think that.
    Last edited by Jaime; March 2nd, 2021 at 07:59 PM.

Maybe he misspelled it? Yamato wrecked it in Japan.

He's probanly meant another region.

Yamato's worst rank was in Japan, in 19th place. He almost got out of the Top 20, which is somewhat bad for a character being featured in the current arc.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Yamato's worst rank was in Japan, in 19th place. He almost got out of the Top 20, which is somewhat bad for a character being featured in the current arc.
    Again no it’s not, Yamato is beating out characters like Katakuri, Doflamingo, Whitebeard, Mihawk, a good amount of straw hats etc for a new character that doesn’t fall into the pretty boy factor or traditional gender role character is great especially for character who is realitivly new (20+ chapters now)
    Again your expectations are wack if you think otherwise.

Unless you really want to argue people like Katakuri are not massively popular, Katakuri got like 4 Legends and many units in treasure cruise and given to popular characters.
    Last edited by Jaime; March 2nd, 2021 at 08:18 PM.

She did do relatively poorly in those 2 regions and thus I expect postcards will drop her total rank further.
    Key weird here was "relatively."

Her Mid-Terms were:
    11th in Total

6th in Africa
    6th in North America
    8th in Oceania
    8th in Latin America
    9th in Europe
    13th in Asia
    13th in Middle East
    19th in Japan

As Deicide said, Japan and Asia are two of her worst regions. So relative to her total and other regions, she's doing poorly there. The final results will be more Japan-heavy due to postcards so I expect her rank to drop. That was the point I was initially agreeing to and just now reiterating upon.

Obviously she's doing very well compared to other characters. And I hope she maintains as high of a rank as she can.

Default Re: Shaman King 7TH Popularity Poll Announcement !!

Final Results will be announce in 5th of May (In the official YT channel), they will reveal the first 100 character !!

101 ~ 150 will announce on official twitter account, 151 ~ 200 will be announce on WSJ !

Last edited by ScotchInformer; April 1st, 2021 at 11:19 PM.

One Piece will have Jump cover and Color Spread on issue #21-22/2021, on sale 26th April in Japan. After that issue there will be 1 week break for Golden Week holidays in Japan, so next Jump issue (#23/2021) will be on sale 10th May.

So it's probable that we will have the 7th japanese Character Popularity Poll results on issue #21-22/2021, with a special Color Spread with the winners (like we had in the past).

Resuts of Global Character Popularity Poll will be published next 5th of May, so I think Shueisha will show japanese results first. In any case, this information is not 100% confirmed yet. We will have a confirmation next week.

So 1010 on the 12th of April.
    Break after that 19th of April.
    1011 with poll results 26th of April.
    Break after that 3rd of May.
    1012 on 10th of May.

So the poll results would be great to have in between two breaks.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Something tells me the popularity poll results will come with the live action casting announcement.

If that colorspread was gonna have the popularity poll results, they probably would have announced alongside it. So I'd say the video will be the the global reveal. Since it is a global poll, they probably wanna announce the final results globally, just like the mid-terms.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information