+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll Announcement !!

Default Re: ONE PIECE 7TH Popularity Poll Announcement !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    in the end this reveal hacks a bit the results since it interfers with how people would have normally voted (myself included)
    Its unlikely to change things much, especially since it doesnt count postcards and the popular character will remain receiving votes in large droves.

So Yamato ended up at 11 overall, which is where I thought they'd be(I predicted top 15) and Japan voted Yamato in at 19? That's not bad at all.

GLR really pulled off that stunt for WoopSlap xD
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

5 Days left..

Hope Zoro, Nami and Franky will improve their ranks :/

Wait, you want Zoro to be #1?

If its going to happen for any arc, it would be this one.

Yamato might still break top ten...

Were postcard votes included in the current standings?

Luffy needs to be number one and I'm happy with Sanji at 3, though I wish he was 2.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    in the end this reveal hacks a bit the results since it interfers with how people would have normally voted (myself included)
    Top 4 would have remained the same. When results come out I expect them to be class apart from the rest by vote counts.

Also happy to see Shushu in the list. I voted him in the first week.
    Last edited by auem; February 23rd, 2021 at 10:11 PM.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

These guys that are voting multiple times per mail....

https://mobile.twitter.com/one_Hanco...98118191865863

Why is this even allowed?!

Quote Originally Posted by HedKa View Post

Because people buying multiple volumes to get more seals equals more money for Shueisha.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Top 4 would have remained the same. When results come out I expect them to be class apart from the rest by vote counts.

Also happy to see Shushu in the list. I voted him in the first week.
    If it changes anything, it'd be more on the lower side. Like, for example, maybe a bunch of people were voting Sanji to make sure he's top 3, but then thought Franky being so low is whack and switched to him for the rest of the poll. That would probably push him a few places higher, potentially even top 20 (that depends on how many votes there actually are holding up these results).

They are contributing sales, so it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Wait, you want Zoro to be #1?
    Don't you?

Seventeen chars

Ooooh, everything will be forgiven, because she's beautiful!
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

not to shatter any illusions but people in the online vote are also allowed to vote several times and some of them are definitely botting their votes and that stuff happens for free.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Don't you?

Seventeen chars
    Lulz, I sure don't, for one. Nobody but Luffy should have the top spot.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    They're specifically on the watch for cases of illegitimate/weighted voting. If votes are found to be inordinately placed in favor of a specific character that seems suspect, they will be taken into consideration and even possibly removed.
    Much harder to do with postcards and worse yet, each one counts as ten so “fraudulent” postcard votes have ultimately much more effect

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    not to shatter any illusions but people in the online vote are also allowed to vote several times and some of them are definitely botting their votes and that stuff happens for free.
    Botting can be detected for the most part, thought. It's pretty easy to find fake users that are cleaning their cache to vote multiple times if the site records activity by user (recurring users will have activity over several days, cheaters appear only once and never return).

BTW, Jugol's website has been updated with several graphs for each character. If you select a character and go to "Trends", you can have some idea of which characters have sudden "bumps" in their voting curves.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Botting can be detected for the most part, thought. It's pretty easy to find fake users that are cleaning their cache to vote multiple times if the site records activity by user (recurring users will have activity over several days, cheaters appear only once and never return).

BTW, Jugol's website has been updated with several graphs for each character. If you select a character and go to "Trends", you can have some idea of which characters have sudden "bumps" in their voting curves.
    Of course it can be detected but from what I've seen and learned about the votes predictably Shueisha didn't spend huge money to have strong anti botting measures in place, maybe they have more measures in place when it comes to the final tallying but at least when it comes to stuff like who is trending the hottest that shit is HEAVILY manipulated by people, people have a pretty strong idea on how the algorithm that evaluates that works and there is definitely botting going on for those results.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Of course it can be detected but from what I've seen and learned about the votes predictably Shueisha didn't spend huge money to have strong anti botting measures in place, maybe they have more measures in place when it comes to the final tallying but at least when it comes to stuff like who is trending the hottest that shit is HEAVILY manipulated by people, people have a pretty strong idea on how the algorithm that evaluates that works and there is definitely botting going on for those results.
    I think the votes are cleaned a while after they are placed. This even incentivates botters to not try more complex measures to bypass the system.

And the trending characters are meant to be skewed, since it appears they only count votes in the last five minutes or so.

For instance, if we were to go by the "hot characters", Carrot would be far ahead of Yamato in Japan. Yet, the preliminary results showed her far bellow him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information