+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Unresolved Plot Threads

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Default Re: Unresolved Plot Threads

Was there ever a reason as to why Blackbeard attacked Drum Island? He’s such a calculating individual, so I’m wondering why after getting his fruit that attacking Drum was one of his first actions, especially given that’s technically when we first heard about him.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And as much as I hate that the thread’s out there, Caribou and his role still needs to be resolved. Intentionally learned about Shirahoshi. Had a whole side story to have him captured by Kaidou. The shoe’s gotta drop at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    And as much as I hate that the thread’s out there, Caribou and his role still needs to be resolved. Intentionally learned about Shirahoshi. Had a whole side story to have him captured by Kaidou. The shoe’s gotta drop at some point.
    Clearly he’s gonna use the fact he knows about this secret as leverage to make the straw hats accept him as there final member, finally the logia user we’ve all been waiting for joins the crew

Was there ever a reason as to why Blackbeard attacked Drum Island? He’s such a calculating individual, so I’m wondering why after getting his fruit that attacking Drum was one of his first actions, especially given that’s technically when we first heard about him.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I was under the inpression he just wanted to test his powers. He destroyed Drum with the darkness fruit to measure what he could do

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Well, his crew was looting Banaro Island before Ace joined up, so I would wager he attacked Drum for the same reasons.

Funny how the answer literally boils down to "Blackbeard was pirating".

Elbaf sure has to come and with that introducing us to Loki.
    Vegapunk still hasn´t been seen and he will surely explain the deal with DFs.
    Rocks should get a flashback, maybe while we also travel to GodValley.
    Greenbull should show his face, maybe while showing what the new fighting force of the marine is.
    Weevil still has his whole deal to be explained and so does Bonney and Kuma.
    Im-sama has to show his/her face and tell us EVERYTHING about the void century.
    Uranus has to show up.
    The D-clan needs some proper explanation, maybe when the rioponeglyph finally gets deciphered.
    Zunisha`s punishment needs to be explained and so does Momo´s ability to hear and speak to him.
    We need to get a lot more about JoyBoy and also how fishman island will go down.
    Visiting Raftel should be worth it and also a final war.
    BB has to be brought down and so does Akainu.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Anyone have a list of meaningful lies Usopp has told that are likely still to become true? In a weird way those are also unresolved plot threads.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Anyone have a list of meaningful lies Usopp has told that are likely still to become true? In a weird way those are also unresolved plot threads.
    Well, the Grand Fleet still needs a couple thousand members for his 8,000 men.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    I'm waiting on Usopp's Color of Conqueror to awaken. And the defeat of 10 giants all on his own.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Watching this week's episode hit me on two major plot points I would really like addressed.

1. In the whole Warlords montage, they actually neglected to mention one Warlord, that being Kuma. Aside from the big question of what is the WG gonna do with Kuma, I really want addressed Kuma's whole backstory, how he was a King, his connection to Bonney, how he came to join the revolutionaries and then infiltrate the WG as a Warlord and why he sacrificed his mind especially for the Strawhats.

2. Doflamingo is just too big a figure to leave rotting in a jail for the rest of the series. The fact that Oda goes out of his way to show his reactions, something he never does with other defeated villains that don't reappear in the series, indicates as such. He has too many fingers in the pie, knows too much about the world, I'm not saying he's going to get redemption but I do foresee a return to Impel Down to bust him out for what he knows and use him as an ally of convenience for the final war. If nothing else, Doflamingo would love to destroy the system that took everything from him. It'd also be a smart way to give Magellan some sort of closure as a character as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Watching this week's episode hit me on two major plot points I would really like addressed.

1. In the whole Warlords montage, they actually neglected to mention one Warlord, that being Kuma. Aside from the big question of what is the WG gonna do with Kuma, I really want addressed Kuma's whole backstory, how he was a King, his connection to Bonney, how he came to join the revolutionaries and then infiltrate the WG as a Warlord and why he sacrificed his mind especially for the Strawhats.

2. Doflamingo is just too big a figure to leave rotting in a jail for the rest of the series. The fact that Oda goes out of his way to show his reactions, something he never does with other defeated villains that don't reappear in the series, indicates as such. He has too many fingers in the pie, knows too much about the world, I'm not saying he's going to get redemption but I do foresee a return to Impel Down to bust him out for what he knows and use him as an ally of convenience for the final war. If nothing else, Doflamingo would love to destroy the system that took everything from him. It'd also be a smart way to give Magellan some sort of closure as a character as well.
    1 - The recap was for the Warlords who had quit, so Kuma wouldn't count.

2 - I don't think they will ever release Doflamingo. He's not like Crocodile, who had Ivankov reigning him with some sorta secret.

Plus, the system did not "take everything from him". He is a direct consequence of it. He's as much of a slavemongering fascist as any noble. And his goal to destroy them comes solely from the fact he didn't have privileges anymore, very much like a spoiled rich kid that breaks a toy because he couldn't tolerate other rich kids playing without him
    Last edited by King Cannon; January 11th, 2021 at 04:44 PM.

995 - Queen’s familiarity with the Vinsmokes

996 - Yamato’s transformation; the poneglyph Law found

998 - Who’s Who’s past with Jinbe

999 - Yamato’s knowledge of the D. name

1000 - Oden’s description of the future

1003 - CP0’s intent and their desire to see the pirates take each other out

1004 - the shadowed healer

1007 - the full potential of the artificial devil fruit created from Kaido’s lineage factor

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information