+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unresolved Plot Threads

Default Re: Unresolved Plot Threads

My personal heaven would be if end game god mode Usopp happend to pass by Kuro trying his shit again on his way home to break the 'sopp family curse by wifeing up Kaya and being there for their chibi-sopp

What if Who’s Who is Kuro?

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    I oftenly enjoy more new characters when they remain new characters.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    I'm no mathematician, but I would estimate there's a 0.0000000000001% chance of that happening.

Why did Shanks spend an extended period of time (almost a year IIRC) on Dawn Island at the beginning of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Ax Hand Morgan and Gin are the only former villains we need follow up on.
    I don't think Jinbe's character arc will be complete until we see Arlong again. I also think we haven't seen Arlong yet because of the lack of Jinbe in the crew.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't think Jinbe's character arc will be complete until we see Arlong again. I also think we haven't seen Arlong yet because of the lack of Jinbe in the crew.
    We haven't seen Arlongm again yet because he'd be a push over punchign bag at this point, and his *legacy* is more important than he is. And that was dealt with On Fishman island with Hody.

Arlong isn't getting redeemed (he's a parent murderer) and he's no actual threat, and you can't get the same emotion out of him a second time.

We haven't seen him again, and won't, because he specifically works better as a monster from the past than he ever can in the present.

Otherwise Oda has had a ton of opportunities to bring him back for even a panel.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Ax Hand Morgan and Gin are the only former villains we need follow up on.
    Presumably Enel goes without saying in this category.

But why Morgan? If anything he already hung around longer than he had any right to, making his last appearance in chapter 130something. Helmeppo got his standing up to daddy character moment in his cover story, so it's not like he's got anything left to resolve, and Morgan was so early he didn't interact with anyone else who didn't get the chance to air their grievances right there at Shells Town.

We haven't seen Arlongm again yet because he'd be a push over punchign bag at this point, and his *legacy* is more important than he is. And that was dealt with On Fishman island with Hody.

Arlong isn't getting redeemed (he's a parent murderer) and he's no actual threat, and you can't get the same emotion out of him a second time.

We haven't seen him again, and won't, because he specifically works better as a monster from the past than he ever can in the present.

Otherwise Oda has had a ton of opportunities to bring him back for even a panel.
    Arlong will never be a threat again, but I personally think he has to come back to the story. We got Jinbe's flashback, but there's something left there as evidenced by his scars and the lack of much concerning his childhood and the whole Sabaody park dynamic. (If the crew is returning anywhere in Paradise it's gotta be Sabaody)

As far as his absence, I feel the opposite of you. To me it's extremely suspicious that we know absolutely nothing about his whereabouts and haven't seen him in anything but flashbacks, even including specials and movies. If there's a reason he's been held back, I think it's because he has to witness the union of Straw Hat (specifically Nami) and Jinbe and come to some form of regret, even if that doesn't include forgiveness.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but those are my feelings.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    But why Morgan?
    Because he was 100% dealt with and then in cover story his went into the wild again due to a failing of Coby.

It was resolved and then Oda went out of his way to un-resolve it.

It can be dealt with in one panel of Coby apprehending him in an action showoff moment to show how he's grown, he doesn't need to be a major antag with upgraded fruit and haki powers, but that needs to be adressed for Coby's sake.

As for Enel? I'm sure he'll be back but he doesn't NEED to be. The audience got hints of the bigger pciture, and Enel continues off on space adentures. He left the story and achieved his dreamms without any explicit promise to come back... though I guess his assembled army ending is something.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    To me it's extremely suspicious that we know absolutely nothing about his whereabouts and haven't seen him in anything but flashbacks,.
    He's in prison. Hachi told us that. And not a prison that the leads were ever going to interact with.

And Fishman Island was entirely about his legacy, his legend, being bigger and more important than the actual guy... and the Strawhats (and Jinbe) stomped that down hard.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

He's in prison. Hachi told us that. And not a prison that the leads were ever going to interact with.

And Fishman Island was entirely about his legacy, his legend, being bigger and more important than the actual guy... and the Strawhats (and Jinbe) stomped that down hard.
    They stomped down his legacy of hatred, but it wasn't really created by Arlong. It's a product of a super-racist and impoverished environment. There will be more Arlong's if it continues as is, even with Hody and gang snuffed out, unless a bigger change happens. Jinbe and Luffy are the catalyst for that change and I think Arlong is going to see it. I don't see why his legacy being snuffed out would stop that from being a nice opportunity for Oda to do an appropriate cameo.

There's a second opportunity, too, which might be even more impactful. Arlong is a Sun Pirate, which would make him a target for the World Government, especially if it's known he's in prison. When the Straw Hats inevitably go to Mariejoa, I could easily imagine Arlong being enslaved by the tenryuubito.

Because he was 100% dealt with and then in cover story his went into the wild again due to a failing of Coby.

It can be dealt with in one panel of Coby apprehending him in an action showoff moment to show how he's grown, he doesn't need to be a major antag with upgraded fruit and haki powers, but that needs to be adressed for Coby's sake.

As for Enel? I'm sure he'll be back but he doesn't NEED to be. The audience got hints of the bigger pciture, and Enel continues off on space adentures. He left the story and achieved his dreamms without any explicit promise to come back... though I guess his assembled army ending is something.
    Interesting stance. Personally, I've never thought of it as un-resolved. Maybe if Morgan had made it back into the Marines and was abusing the organisation's authority like he used to, but even after the cover stories he remains discredited and exiled, a criminal to the men he used to lead. He's no more in vital need of tracking down and finishing off than Kuro or any other of the minor villains Luffy's been content to let go over the years because the fact that he's stopped doing the bad thing is more important. If anything, his escape gave Koby and Helmeppo's story's more closure instead of less - Helmeppo got to stand up to him and Koby also got to show what he learned, standing for what he believed and against fellow Marines doing something he thought was wrong. For me, those moments outweigh anything that could come from Morgan still being out there.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a moment showing Koby and Helmeppo bringing him in. But does the story need it? Nah. And there's not much of a place for it in the story now. No matter how significant, it would feel small fry after Koby was assigned to take on Hancock. Maybe in the final, post-series Decks of the World part of the epilogue...

And yeah, we know that the moon ruins and futuristic stuff Enel found has to be addressed in some capacity, with or without Enel. But now that he's tied up in it (and considering how popular he is) it'd be foolish not to bring him back at least in a small role when that happens. I agree that it doesn't have to be big, but in my mind the moon connection makes it feel pretty close to inevitable.

I'll always be a broken record for this but I want an Emerald City arc (I know it's likely just a Wizard of Oz reference). Also, relevant to this countdown, Wano's in what COULD be its final climax, and Wano's remaining (and total) length really determine the length of the rest of the series. I don't want Oda to rush what we've got left of it, so I'm excited to see how long it is.

The Level 6 prisoners thing... I don't have time for another re-read again, but it gets mentioned SOMEWHERE. I think the most likely spot is Dressrosa, it did get brought up for a tiny bit. Gonna guess Dressrosa at the Colosseum.
    Croc or Enel would never.
    Wanna see the "ancient civilization destroyed" thing done really well? FFXIV did a great take on it. The bar's high for One Piece to beat.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    I'll always be a broken record for this but I want an Emerald City arc (I know it's likely just a Wizard of Oz reference). Also, relevant to this countdown, Wano's in what COULD be its final climax, and Wano's remaining (and total) length really determine the length of the rest of the series. I don't want Oda to rush what we've got left of it, so I'm excited to see how long it is.

The Level 6 prisoners thing... I don't have time for another re-read again, but it gets mentioned SOMEWHERE. I think the most likely spot is Dressrosa, it did get brought up for a tiny bit. Gonna guess Dressrosa at the Colosseum.
    Apparently, they're all hiding out on an island together.

I feel like the easiest way to have them in would have them be Blackbeard's allied captains.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Why did Shanks spend an extended period of time (almost a year IIRC) on Dawn Island at the beginning of the story?
    To get to know Makino, so that 10 years later he could go back there and make a baby.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

There are reasons to believe Urouge and Enel are related since Urouge is hinted to be a Birka resident.

In which case, Enel could return, but in an Arlong-like way where we only get to see him in the past.

Really curious to see how and if the story will talk about moon ruins, space pirates and little robots. But not interested at all in an Enel return. He actually escaped and realized his dream after being defeated. There is nothing his character could give to the story right now, and showing him in a comic light would make me like less the villain he once was

With Captain John being a previous member of the Rocks Pirates, and Buggy now having the map to his treasure for a long time (which still hasn't been addressed?)... could it be something big?

Well indeed, for a manga about pirates. There is a lack of treasures, that's for sure.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

What ever did happen to Bluejam after the revolutionary pirates saved him?

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information