+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unresolved Plot Threads

Default Re: Unresolved Plot Threads

Wow. I never considered that. I haven't really thought much about the Florian Triangle shadows but dam does it make so much sense that Zunesha's herd resides there. Especially with the images Robby posted superimposing Zunesha on the shadow and the mist.

Wow. So that's what it could be. Interesting.

Ya'll realyl should check out Greg's column. It's not always groundbreaking or things that don't get discussed in the forum anyway, but there's some stuff in there.

Note that some of it IS intentionally wrong or overly wild to keep things interesting for the audience, rather than giving away all the secrets ahead of time.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

We've already seen quite a few of the Level 6'ers! And we're guaranteed to see more! Jinbe, Katarina Devon, Pizaro, Vasco, and Wolf. ;)
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That's water. That's the FOREGROUND, not the horizon. You have to reposition your mental camera.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1500w

Where the elephant is in relation to the viewer makes a difference.

Both of those are direct straight on shots of an elephant. But where the camera is located makes a difference.

https://i.ibb.co/s3pc51p/elephant2.jpg
    Yes, I'm aware that's water. That's the same thing. I see the ocean every day. If the head is barely popping up above the water like in the panel, then the object has to be either so unreasonably far away you're seeing it over the water in the horizon(meaning the elephant's size is beyond ridiculous), or submerged. Submerged would make more sense, but that's such an odd way to portray it. Show it high above the water and then switch to it being submerged from a totally different angle. Or possibly two separate elephants entirely. It's such a weird way to portray it that I really can't imagine that's what he was going for. If it is, I'm sorry but it's just terribly done imo.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

(meaning the elephant's size is beyond ridiculous)

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that's water. That's the same thing. I see the ocean every day. If the head is barely popping up above the water like in the panel, then the object has to be either so unreasonably far away you're seeing it over the water in the horizon(meaning the elephant's size is beyond ridiculous), or submerged. Submerged would make more sense, but that's such an odd way to portray it. Show it high above the water and then switch to it being submerged from a totally different angle. Or possibly two separate elephants entirely. It's such a weird way to portray it that I really can't imagine that's what he was going for. If it is, I'm sorry but it's just terribly done imo.
    The camera angle changed. It went from being above, to being below. And we can tell that because we only see the one set of waves instead of eoverlapping sets. It's not straight on. It changes the perspective.

And the elephant IS huge. That's the point. Dwarfs Thriller Bark. Has entire cities and forests on its back.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The comeback of Enel and the mysterious people of the moon + the drawings there.

I mean, this could just be world-building, but at least "the comeback of Enel from outer space should be in there".
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    We've already seen quite a few of the Level 6'ers! And we're guaranteed to see more! Jinbe, Katarina Devon, Pizaro, Vasco, and Wolf. ;)
    And Croco boy. And also that guy from the fight fight fight movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The shadows even match the shape Zunisha made when we first saw him.

Greg speculated on it in his column years ago. Even if Oda never confirms it, it's good enough for me until it's contradicted.

https://one-piece.com/special/greg/20151021_0477?l=en

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://i.ibb.co/K2gw5vj/elephant.jpg
    But when Zunisha crosses the Red Line, what do the Minks eat??

((X Files intro plays in the backround))

The liquor iron ore plotline from Dressrosa remains unresolved. I think most people assume that they're being produced on Wano but that hasn't been explicitly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post
    The liquor iron ore plotline from Dressrosa remains unresolved. I think most people assume that they're being produced on Wano but that hasn't been explicitly stated.
    I think that's just a random metal that's not supposed to have any importance but make the Revolutionaries feat more impressive (since it's mentioned to be rare).

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I think that's just a random metal that's not supposed to have any importance but make the Revolutionaries feat more impressive (since it's mentioned to be rare).
    I disagree since it was mentioned that only certain countries produced it which sounded like a teaser for the Revolutionaries to appear in a future arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Do theories that might not play out at all - Big Mom having memory issues, Marine civil war, Shanks and Mihawk dying - really count as unresolved plot threads?

Otherwise yeah,pretty good list.The final few arcs are going to have to be very plot-heavy and keep a lot of balls in the air at once to get through it all. I think it's doable though. Maybe not in the five years previously stated, but it's doable.
    Late to this discussion but I think switching them out for theories and just blankly stating that their roles need to be addressed is a good thing. Oda's comment has me curious about Shanks so it seems like once he wraps up Wano it'll start to set up and involve characters already introduced.

@OP though, here is the list I have currently, but I separate them in terms of characters, locations as they both tie into plot events generally anyway.

Characters

- Fates of Big Mom, Kaido and their crews post-Wano
    - Shanks, his goals, history and role in the EoS. His crew and their roles
    - Blackbeard, his goals, history and role in the EoS. His crew and their roles
    - Dragon, same as the above. His commanders and their roles
    - Akainu, same as the above. The admirals/Ryokugyuu and their roles.
    - The rest of the Marines as a whole (Smoker/Tashigi, Garp, Sengoku, other VA's, Koby, etc)
    - Kuma, same as the above
    - Vegapunk, same as the above. His SSG and science division
    - Mihawk, same as the above. His relationship with Shanks
    - Weevil
    - Im, Gorosei, Kong, other WG operatives; CP-0
    - Urogue and Bonney, their roles on future arcs (when are they getting focus?)
    - The remaining supernova roles
    - The Strawhat Fleet roles; other allies (Hancock, Vivi, etc)
    - Kuzan's final role
    - Every former villain still pertinent to the story (Buggy, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moria, etc)
    - Underworld's potential role beyond Wano (I've seen lovely rumors its all tied to Shanks considering his Yakuza references)
    - Level 6 escapees and their role (ive been imagining they are former Rocks pirates at this point)
    - Rocks pirates as a whole and their involvement.

Locations:

- Elbaf first and foremost, we know its happening. Its just a matter of how and when.
    - Vegapunk's lab. May not be its own arc, or it may be. There are a lot of characters tied to Vegapunk and several plotlines geared towards it. We'll see what happens.
    - Lodestar. Physical end of Grand Line. We are unsure of we are going here but it is a milestone point.
    - Laugh Tale. Will of D. Void Century. One Piece. Ancient Weapons.
    - Mariejois/New Marineford/Fishman Island. Assumed location of the Final War, due to Fishman Island's destruction prophecy and Mariejois being right above it. New Marineford would be the first line of defense.
    - God Valley. It may not be just a flashback location. Oda has silhouetted the island and explicitly stated the WG made it disappear from maps, not indicating it was destroyed. We still have no idea why Rocks was truly there. Killing Tennryuubito shouldn't have been the reason Garp and Roger only banded together to stop him.
    - Obviously doesn't include anything fundamentally unknown. The next island could be entirely new or different than expected

Its...certainly alot, and not all guaranteed to happen. I don't believe in Oda's timeline for a second and I do think there are several arcs before Laugh Tale/The Final War however. Things need to escalate again and build up to a final plotline, which may take several arcs to do. Wano was built all the way from Punk Hazard this way

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Thats not the level 6'ers he's talking about. Its the others that escaped mentioned by Sengoku and Jean Ango.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Wasn't there supposed to be an Emerald City somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be an Emerald City somewhere?
    A big theory is that Emerald City is a reference to Wizard of Oz, which was known for being extremely futuristic and a fairy tale basically.

Quite a few of us think that's where Vegapunk's lab is. Not guaranteed though to be visited, and there's no evidence that ties Vegapunk to that location right now

Judge and his gang feel a little unresolved to me. I don't mean his fate but maybe his story is done. He did end up helping the crew but I never got a sense that he fully acknowledged that he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Thats not the level 6'ers he's talking about. Its the others that escaped mentioned by Sengoku and Jean Ango.
    Gotcha!

Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Judge and his gang feel a little unresolved to me. I don't mean his fate but maybe his story is done. He did end up helping the crew but I never got a sense that he fully acknowledged that he was wrong.

Gotcha!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l1AsN...&rid=giphy.gif
    Does he need to? The protagonist of the arc went through his struggle, worked through his problems and emerged defending his principles proudly.

Plus him asking Luffy and stating what he felt was Sanji´s worth felt more like him questioning his position, since people usually try to reassure their position when doubt creeps in.

Ax Hand Morgan and Gin are the only former villains we need follow up on.

I could use a Kuro check up.

Maybe he did end up killing some other rich broad

He's had two years to butter up some other town. So Kuro is probably on schedule to try his plan again in about six months.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information