+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Volume 98 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 98 Predictions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Wow, I woulda left Kaidou in out of sheer stubborness after having drawn all those scales.

I wonder if Oda made a digital brush to quickly fill them in for layout purposes.

Yet another cover Viz's stupid crescent moon and giant number template is going to wreck by going all over the character faces.
    Yup. Won't see Denjiro or Kiku. Not to mention, the color scheme will be ruined by their pink / mauve title.

I can't imagine anyone actually likes their ugly cover design, yet they stubbornly stick to it because of 'consistency'. One Piece is the only series that Viz now treats this way. Every other series matches the cover design from the Japanese release. It's really frustrating. They were willing to go back an change the cover design for the first 23 volumes in reprints to include the arc names. They could at least reduce the size of the huge ugly numbers. I really don't understand Viz's stubbornness.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Maybe they'll finally change it when it hits 100.

It's a mixed bag. I *like* consistency in my long term trades. I like it when all teh volumes are the same height, and when the spines all match up... and that includes the placement of the author name and the logo of the company, and it drives me nuts when those things change. (My poor 30 year long Usagi Yojimbo collection. And poor Dragonball... that's all over the place.)

But the viz designs really suck and are 20 years outdated now. They don't even make the things shiny foil anymore!

I acually *do* like them changing the color of the logo to match arcs... in theory. But that's completely screwed by them just leaving it as "The New World" for 27 volumes... and also when they muck with things like the final Skypeia volume being "Water 7" because the LAST chapter of it starts up the Foxy arc. But I do like being able to tell at a glance when an arc starts for cases where its not super obvious
    Last edited by Robby; January 18th, 2021 at 08:35 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I think leaving Kaidou out of this is a good choice and the scabbards being kind of in his shadow is a nice suttle touch.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Happy to see Kaido out of cover. While I'd like a puzzle cover, I prefer it for the eventual Ally vs Villain ones.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Just a thought, did Izo become a gunman after he went with Oden on his adventure? Like, I know Orochi's troops have guns, too, but I imagine Kaido introduced them, right?

If the scabbards didn't have lose those current deaths flags from getting teleported, I'd be singing "I'm blue da ba dee da ba die". We'll see or not.

The Blue shading looks a little odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    With the whole cover transitioning from white at the top to the teal shadowing on the Akazaya at the bottom it feels like this whole volume is an homage to Yamato
    Though with this resemblance I sort of like it more.

This was my favorite Wano cover until this reveal. I get it, but yuck.

I wonder if Oda will sneak the Kaido body back in for the alternate dust jacket under the cover (along with the obligatory hidden pandaman). He's showed off rejected cover ideas in that space before.

Also my bet is Kin'emon and Denjiro or maybe Kiku for the spine. Feels risky betting against Yamato at this point, but I think they'd be more fitting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I wonder if Oda will sneak the Kaido body back in for the alternate dust jacket under the cover (along with the obligatory hidden pandaman). He's showed off rejected cover ideas in that space before.

Also my bet is Kin'emon and Denjiro or maybe Kiku for the spine. Feels risky betting against Yamato at this point, but I think they'd be more fitting choice.
    I'm not sure Oda would put them in the spine under those teal filters.
    Last edited by King Cannon; January 19th, 2021 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Beautiful cover. One of the best from Wano.

A little more side boob than neened though.
    I've noticed Oda really likes to show off Yamato sideboob.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    The bright orange filter didn't keep Usopp off the spine of volume 76.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Even covered spines get two characters, odd covers get one. So Yamato will be splitting with someone. Maybe Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Oda doesn't choose the spine characters. Editors/art team do. And they alternate how the coverage works. I don't know WHY they alternate, but they do.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    I've noticed Oda really likes to show off Yamato sideboob.
    Oda loves him some big ol' titties.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Oda loves him some big ol' titties.
    He is certainly not alone.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Kin'emon front and center. You love to see it.

Luffy and Yamato in the spine !

I absolutely should have known better than to bet against Yamato on any front by this point.

Yamato's side boobs is heaven.

The only thing better than side boob is under boob.

One Piece Volume 98 obi announces that last 42 One Piece Volumes (from Volume 57 to 98) has 3 million or more copies in its 1st edition!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information