+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 997: Flames

Default Re: Chapter 997: Flames

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    By the way, did the underlings imply they caught others before? Probably another loser...maybe Penguin?
    Probably talking about this

This chapter solidifies my belief that Chopper's next power up is right around the corner and it's Ice Point or Yeti Monster Point or whatever but he's gonna control that ice.

Chopper has never been bothered by the cold, and he said so himself, and the other effect to the virus is going on a rampage? Who's got a toooooon of experience controling his berserker mode? Yup, Tony Tony Chopper. Sure, he'll have to tinker with it, and he's going to, in order to make a vaccine/cure, but he'll be an ice monster before they leave Wano. And that's how Chopper will still be a pet in the eyes of the Marines. One, they won't be able to see whats going on in Wano, and two, when they do hear the news I'll bet the information mentioning the StrawHat's pet transforms into a monster will be lost again.
    Hum... maybe Chopper will have two bounties. one for the cotton candy loving pet and the other for the monster that tends to appear whenever the StrawHat crew goes above a certain level of chaos.

That's why I don't see the Ice Oni plot as being "resolved", it was never actually an issue, just a set up.
    I see people complaining alot that Oda is rushing, but I get the feeling that he's not rushing because this is all just the set up, until chapter 1000 he's just setting the board. Every week new match ups come up. We all thought that Nami & Usopp vs Ulti & Page 1 would be their main fight this arc, that would be resolved after chapter 1000, turns out it already happened, it went poorly and Tama showed up with her pokemons. Forget all bets are off, the table is not even open yet.
    I'm on the 5 acts theory camp and I can compare it to the CP9 saga. First we had the Water 7 part of the story, we saw the crew hanging around in Wano and connecting to the people, now we're on the Ennies Lobby part, but not the tower of justice yet. This is just Luffy running around creating chaos behind him and the crew and allies trying to keep up. And we did get the cool StrawHat crew stance in chapter 989, as if they jumped into the Rocket shooting into the tower of justice. But even in the tower of justice they ran around before settling on their final match. We haven't even seen a flashback with Ace on it.

Drake is right there, witnessing all Chopper does and whatnot.

Good point.
    I forgot that. Then... will this be the time Chopper gets a respectfull bounty instead of a gag one?
    He even missed when all the StrawHats in Dressrosa got a 50 million increase.

BM ship finally made it to onigashima and onigashima left. LOL
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    Good point.
    I forgot that. Then... will this be the time Chopper gets a respectfull bounty instead of a gag one?
    He even missed when all the StrawHats in Dressrosa got a 50 million increase.
    Why would chopper get a bigger bounty for healing people?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

The spread of the island hovering over the Flower Capital is going to look absolutely breathtaking.

Another awesome Zoro moment. He got tired of the bullshit and straight up one shotted Apoo. We might see in a serious battle now.

As I said in the spoiler thread, I found amazing that Kaidou's new Onigashima plan he told earlier in this arc was LITERAL and he just decided to go ahead with it as if the current raid meant nothing to him.

Still funny to me how Zoro slashing Apoo is supposed to be badass while it was a cheap shot. That's what make him a pirate I guess.

Anyway, I want Sanji to move on to his real opponent, whoever it is, soon. I wonder who the other person who got caught is. My guess would be one of Law's crewmate but maybe it's whoever was following the crew at the beginning of the raid.

Also, please don't make Marco "steal" the fight against King. It wouldn't be interesting to me if King is not defeated by some of the young pirates.

I'm interested to see if next chapter the alliance between Kaidou and Big Mom will be broken. But more importantly I want to see the matchups being finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    This chapter solidifies my belief that Chopper's next power up is right around the corner and it's Ice Point or Yeti Monster Point or whatever but he's gonna control that ice.

Chopper has never been bothered by the cold, and he said so himself, and the other effect to the virus is going on a rampage? Who's got a toooooon of experience controling his berserker mode? Yup, Tony Tony Chopper. Sure, he'll have to tinker with it, and he's going to, in order to make a vaccine/cure, but he'll be an ice monster before they leave Wano. And that's how Chopper will still be a pet in the eyes of the Marines. One, they won't be able to see whats going on in Wano, and two, when they do hear the news I'll bet the information mentioning the StrawHat's pet transforms into a monster will be lost again.
    Hum... maybe Chopper will have two bounties. one for the cotton candy loving pet and the other for the monster that tends to appear whenever the StrawHat crew goes above a certain level of chaos.

That's why I don't see the Ice Oni plot as being "resolved", it was never actually an issue, just a set up.
    I see people complaining alot that Oda is rushing, but I get the feeling that he's not rushing because this is all just the set up, until chapter 1000 he's just setting the board. Every week new match ups come up. We all thought that Nami & Usopp vs Ulti & Page 1 would be their main fight this arc, that would be resolved after chapter 1000, turns out it already happened, it went poorly and Tama showed up with her pokemons. Forget all bets are off, the table is not even open yet.
    I'm on the 5 acts theory camp and I can compare it to the CP9 saga. First we had the Water 7 part of the story, we saw the crew hanging around in Wano and connecting to the people, now we're on the Ennies Lobby part, but not the tower of justice yet. This is just Luffy running around creating chaos behind him and the crew and allies trying to keep up. And we did get the cool StrawHat crew stance in chapter 989, as if they jumped into the Rocket shooting into the tower of justice. But even in the tower of justice they ran around before settling on their final match. We haven't even seen a flashback with Ace on it.
    I think that would be pretty cool for Chopper to have 2 different bounties….1 as a cotton candy loving pet and 1 as a ferocious monster. Kind of like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde with his 2 identities. I would love a huge jump in Chopper’s bounty, the marines and the world need to realize his monster side for sure.
    One Piece ,\/,,

Chopper is not really getting a rise for fixing up a bunch of demons.

His hands will be full for the next hour or so, so don't expect much action from him.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Why would chopper get a bigger bounty for healing people?
    Sorry if I didn't present my idea clearly.
    I don't think anyone would get a bounty for healing people, not even Marco. :p But Drake could report that Chopper actually ate the Human Human fruit and is a great doctor, that could raise his bounty since he'd be seen as a human member of the crew and not just a pet.
    The bounty increase would be for his monster point, but finally someone outside the crew would witness it and pay enough attention to report it to the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    I think that would be pretty cool for Chopper to have 2 different bounties….1 as a cotton candy loving pet and 1 as a ferocious monster. Kind of like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde with his 2 identities. I would love a huge jump in Chopper’s bounty, the marines and the world need to realize his monster side for sure.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Chopper can easily fit that trope and i could see Oda playing with it.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Can't really say I feel sorry for Apoo. He decides to serve Kaido of his own free will and sell out others he meets to be pressed into service, only to get used as a pawn on a whim by Queen and tag-teamed by two Supernovas.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Can't really say I feel sorry for Apoo. He decides to serve Kaido of his own free will and sell out others he meets to be pressed into service, only to get used as a pawn on a whim by Queen and tag-teamed by two Supernovas.
    There is no need to feel sorry for any pirate currently present, but Apoo did say that there is no other choice but to serve under a Yonkou, so there is no real free will involved (unless you want to die).

However, what is absolutely bizarre is Drake's focus on Apoo and how much he hates him. Because if there is nothing more to it (apart from Apoo being a snitch) then it's kind of funny, considering that Drake does what Apoo does - just 24/7. Ratting out allies is literally his job as a marine mole.

But Drake does it officially, kinda like Dr Manhattan and The Comedian, but not Rorschach, dude's totally breaking the law.

Did you guys see BM ship falling again in the final panel? I've never seen a pirate crew take so many Ls
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Did you guys see BM ship falling again in the final panel? I've never seen a pirate crew take so many Ls
    That’s one of Kaidos ships

This chapter was AWESOME! Arguably my favorite in all of Wano! Kaido has defeated the 9 scabbards, Zoro took down Appo alarmingly fast- makes me feel like Zoro should be called "Worst Generation Hunter" lol (since he took down Killer before too. And before anyone says it- yes, I know Zoro is a member of the Worst Generation too...though Oda and/or Toei seem to have forgotten that themselves most times they do group shots of the Worst Generation)- which I'll add shocked me because it looked like Drakes fight but Zoro just GOT SERIOUS AND SLASHED THROUGH HIM LIKE NOTHING.. which was oddly satisifying for me lol. And of course to top it off- the usual raising of stakes towards the end of the arc- (birdcage being a previous example)- in this case, the island being raised into the heavens to head towards wano proper!

Just an all around very hyped chapter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    How unbelievable. How absurd. How incredible. How utterly monstrous. Kaido truly was playing when dealing with the Akazaya Nine. Despite his immeasurable strength, he sought solace in the Samurai’s spirit only to have his yearning dashed by the inability of his opponents. DEATH was what he longed for yet the experience from twenty years ago besetting Kaido’s very soul continues to eclipse all moments arising since. What he waits for now is a challenger that can awaken the life within him and cast his heart back into motion. A heart frozen by want and entrapped by pandemonium.

What an overpowering entity Kaido is. A distinct force that staggers any who seek to stand before him. Implausibility reckoned within mortal form.

(I suppose the same could be said for Zoro).

(And yay, forums are back!).
    Any idea what's been happening to the forums? I feel like there's been multiple chapters worth of times that I'm rarely here because the forums keep being down
    Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post

Also, please don't make Marco "steal" the fight against King. It wouldn't be interesting to me if King is not defeated by some of the young pirates.

I'm interested to see if next chapter the alliance between Kaidou and Big Mom will be broken. But more importantly I want to see the matchups being finalized.
    That is a fair point actually- I have been hoping King and Queen will be defeated by Straw Hats.
    Last edited by Sephi; December 5th, 2020 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    Zoro took down Appo alarmingly fast- makes me feel like Zoro should be called "Worst Generation Hunter" lol (since he took down Killer before too. And before anyone says it- yes, I know Zoro is a member of the Worst Generation too...
    I think it's enough that he's already called "Pirate Hunter", that includes the Worst Generation, so...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    I think it's enough that he's already called "Pirate Hunter", that includes the Worst Generation, so...
    Obviously about to add 'Dragon Hunter' to his resume
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Zoro just displayed a taste of the abyss he possesses through his treatment of Apoo.

It was epic.

There is no way Zoro is getting shortchanged until his moment with Kaido where flashes of Oden will reverberate through Kaido's wound and the life gushing out. The future greatest swordsman will establish his dominance in this land of Samurai.

I just hope Sanji gets similar treatment as the Charming Perverted Knight that he is. If he can resolve his situation without having the need to be saved, it will serve as an immense expression of his abilities. Plus it would be cool to have Black Maria join the fan club of Sanji alongside Duval, Viola and Pudding. Who knows maybe Black Maria hails from North Blue and is a massive Stealth Black fan like Law, Drake and Hawkins. Sanji, it is time to embrace your identity.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information