+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: World Politics: People, what a bunch of bastards

Default World Politics: People, what a bunch of bastards

Here we can discuss politics of the non US-European side of the world.

Before I start my constant bitchings against my gov't, the news today:
    Armenia and Azerbaijan signed a cease fire negotiated by Russia:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-armenia-azerbaijan/armenia-azerbaijan-russia-say-sign-deal-to-end-nagorno-karabakh-conflict-idUSKBN27P1FL

On one hand, no more conflict, on another it's probably the begin of another mass migration form armenias in Azerbaijan to Armenia proper. Damn, Armenians can catch a break.
    The Armenian occupied zones around the enclave are to ceased back to Azerbaijan and the enclave proper is to be dissolved. Russian forces will stay in the region for 5 years to garatee a peaceful transition.

Default Re: World Politics: People, what a bunch of bastards

This entire warfare was so neglected by the media where I live that I only found out about it because I follow chess tournaments and some of the top players are armenians and azerbaijani (and both sides were making propaganda about their side). The armenian GM Levon Aronian said he was willing to go to war.

It was mentioned a couple of times in the JH, but no close updates. Apparently armenians are not very receptive with the cease fire.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Apparently armenians are not very receptive with the cease fire.
    By not very receptive, do you mean "Crowds also forced their way into the Armenian parliament as brawls broke out on the podium and objects were thrown. The parliament’s speaker, Ararat Mirzoyan, was caught up in the violence and beaten unconscious by an angry mob."? Good euphemism! ^^,

Good articles from The Guardian to understand what just happened over there:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/10/nagorno-karabakh-armenia-pm-signs-deal-to-end-war-with-azerbaijan-and-russia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...al-geopolitics

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    By not very receptive, do you mean "Crowds also forced their way into the Armenian parliament as brawls broke out on the podium and objects were thrown. The parliament’s speaker, Ararat Mirzoyan, was caught up in the violence and beaten unconscious by an angry mob."? Good euphemism! ^^,

Good articles from The Guardian to understand what just happened over there:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/10/nagorno-karabakh-armenia-pm-signs-deal-to-end-war-with-azerbaijan-and-russia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...al-geopolitics
    Journalism 101 don’t give the juicy bits for free.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Looking at a map, it seems that that's a bit of Azerbaijan that's surrounded by all sides via Armenia. I'm guessing that land is the root of this conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Looking at a map, it seems that that's a bit of Azerbaijan that's surrounded by all sides via Armenia. I'm guessing that land is the root of this conflict?
    And nope. Honestly, Caucasian History is too long and too messy and just toooooo much ethnically charged to abridge, Nakhchivan was an azeri majority region and the last piece of Caucasus the Russian Empire got from Persia, after some blood conflicts after the fall of said empire of ethnically majority territories and ethnically historical territories the Soviets settle with the map bellow, with Nakhchivan being an azeri majority Soviet Republic and having Nagorno-Karabakh being a ethnically majority armenian oblast into Azerbaijan Soviet Republic.
    Hidden:

After the fall of the Soviet Union, there was a war where Armenia occupied an amerineian plurality region connection with NK oblast. And then this years conflict ended with the loss of control of said territory and the creation of two land bridges to be established, the result will probably be an armenia exodus from Nagorno-Karabakh to Armenia.

While the eldest son of Bolsonaro, Flavio, is already being prosecuted under RICO law for the time he was in the city counsel of Rio; the investigation on the second son, Carlos - under the same grounds - is being finished.
    Hope they rot in jail, or at least lose political rights.

Apple, Google, Microsoft and Tesla are being sued for using child labour in Cobalt Mines in Africa:
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...-mining-deaths

Bill's response is pay for this article:

"Is international concern on child rights relevant on Africa?"

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

"With the exception of large organisations putting children to work, local context is everything."

Aren't...aren't YOU the large organisation putting children to work here? I don't think whatever point this article is making applies to these lawsuits.

We had municipal elections today, results got a little delayed due a crash in one of the super computers used to do the counting. But most places are well beyond 50%. Is as if having a standardized and centralized voting system worked, what a wild idea.
    Out of the six capital mayors endorsed by Bozo, only two got to a run off and on is a IURD ghoul, the other lost and lost badly. Just like taking a page from Donnie's book Bozo's followers are claiming of being fraud. Pretty pathetic.
    Rio's city citizen's should lose their voting rights.

What exactly did they do wrong in Rio?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    What exactly did they do wrong in Rio?
    For start both candidates that are going to the run off are absurdly corrupt, Paes between 2009-2017, and has been associated with both the paramilitary groups running the slums in the west side of the city as well as embezzlement from the World Cup and Olympics projects.

Crivella is bishop of IURD and nephew to the founder of it, imagine a baby between Scientology and Westoboro Baptist Church (with less racism and more my morality is the right one and everybody should follow it) and owned a nation wide TV station; he completely dismantled the public health structure in the city, tried to make congregation member bypass surgery and transplant lists, and this year literally put bouncer paid by the city to make the press unable to cover the covid cases in the city and awful state the hospitals and clinics in the city are. Crivella was to be impeached, but the City Assembly said no, and the Electoral Justice declared he was ineligible but he enter with a suspension effect and to halt that judgment and allow him to run in this election.

Than there's the cesspool that is the city counsel, where Carlos Bolsonaro, a counsel member that proposed 0 bills this year, was the second most voted for the position.

Not to talk about governors, out of the 8 elected officials since the restart of free elections, only the tow that are already dead were not arrested or prosecuted for corruption.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

9 out of 44 city counselors endorsed by Bozo got elected. This gives me hope for 2022.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Meanwhile Peru is about to have its fourth president in a 4 year period, after a short lived presidency by Manuel Merino.
    Wash your hands.

Holy crap, how did that happen? I just realized I know nothing about Peru besides Incas were there, Machu Picchu is there, and massive japanese immigration for some reason. And the flag is red-white-red. That's basically it. So, can anyone sum up what exactly is going on over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Holy crap, how did that happen? I just realized I know nothing about Peru besides Incas were there, Machu Picchu is there, and massive japanese immigration for some reason. And the flag is red-white-red. That's basically it. So, can anyone sum up what exactly is going on over there?
    A series of scandals among pardoning Fujimori, and receiving bride from brazilian company Odebrecht, and attempting to buy votes against his second impeachment lead Kuczynski to resign, Vizcarra assumed and had a boycott from the congress and senate against anti corruption laws, than those house lead impeachments against him due to the COVID handling and accusing him of corruption, that lead the job to land on the lap of congress leader Merino. Mutiple mass protest lead to Merino resignation.

You know, usual LATAM politics.

Odebrecht is also in that mess? Those guys and their scandals are responsible for a lot of governments going to ruin over there

Odebrecht, Petrobras and Braskem are probably the biggest companies in South America, of course they are gonna be meddling in a bunch of countries.

Yo Argentina is on fire, now the hermanos deiced to copy our ecological plans too?
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...l-parana-river
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-south-america

On better news, the president sent a bill to propose the legalization of abortion:
    https://www.clarin.com/politica/gobi...RitdK0E8j.html

Man, Russomano dropping from first place in the São Paulo's polls and then dropping to a measly 9% just because Bolsonaro decided to endorse him was epic.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information