+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Naruto Thread XII: This really has to be the final Naruto thread, right?

Default Re: Naruto Thread XII: This really has to be the final Naruto thread, right?

So, this was mostly about getting rid of the Rinngan and Kurama. Nice. I finally got what I needed as to why Boruto and Kawaki were at odds in the end. Both are willing to do anything to destroy Karma. After putting their lives on the line here, Kawaki would hate if Boruto wavered in his determination. Sasuke peeped it as Kawaki was talking.

I knew it felt weird during the traitor search in the anime. They kept highlighting Code more than usual compared to his smaller amount of dialogue in the earlier chapters. Now this chapter drops with him on the cover and I was fully prepared for him to be part of it. He kept being annoying about loyalty in the anime and now he's obviously an Isshiki fanboy

Mugino and Victor felt so random in the manga and the anime fixed that. Mugino was done better tho. Ties to Hiruzen are just more effective, he's a legend. He's always picking up stragglers with potential. It's definitely why he struggled to kill Orochimaru. It's like WB and his sons.

Delta and Coda will have to start recruiting more. Kishimoto's obsession with science fiction, mecha, space whatever will keep getting weirder.

Hopefully the other teams get to exist since most of this was about getting rid of Naruto and Sasuke's trump cards and Isshiki. Sumire was mindful of Amado. Maybe he becomes some sort of mentor for her. So far, team 10 is the only one that fully exist in the manga. Team 15 partially lives there through Sumire. Teams 5 is represented by Metal who barely exist. Denki and Iwabe will be easy to transition into the manga. Denki is into that tech shit. Him and Sumire should be key to dealing with the new Otsutsuki tech. Mentally preparing myself for team 25 and team 40 to not appear at all. Hinata's only purpose in Narutto was to give birth to the spinoff. Can't put faith in Kishi

Default Re: Naruto Thread XII: This really has to be the final Naruto thread, right?

Did you guys see that the guy who did the animation for the Naruto and Sasuke vs Momoshiki fight also did another awesome anime fight recently? I'll post them both here

The new character reminds me more of a Jojo character than a Naruto/Boruto one. I like her design, but her powers and motivation and Code's interactions with her are...eh.

I don't think anyone has brushed their teeth on panel before. I'll have to reread Naruto.

Gaara asking all the great questions and Naruto being naive and vague.

Also, the Byakugan drug might be tied to why Boruto's eye is like that in the flash-forward.

He warns that Hinata and Himawari shouldn't take it and that telegraphs that a Hyuga might take it.

All of this comes after he mentions the death of his daughter. Either Jigen or some Hyuga is connected to the death of his daughter.

Say, Anyone here like early pre-skip Naruto? Wanna see a 1 hour 45 minute emotionally compelling and satisfying movie version of what is essentially Narutos character arc, which cool action, fun comedy, and kickass animation?

Watch Ne Zha on netflix. Its pretty god damn good.

Damn, it's not on Netflix Spain (or it seems it's not). Started watching New Gods: Ne Zha Reborn with a friend, but while it's ok we kinda abandoned it midway through. Thought it might be a sequel, but nope! They aren't even made by the same company, they are unrelated.

Same thing happened with the two Yin Yang Master movies that were released on Netflix almost back to back, featuring the same characters...while being wildly different.

Anyways, I'll see if I can find it somewhere else - it looks good.

Not my cup of tea. Looks like Kung Fu Panda animation.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Damn, it's not on Netflix Spain (or it seems it's not). Started watching New Gods: Ne Zha Reborn with a friend, but while it's ok we kinda abandoned it midway through. Thought it might be a sequel, but nope! They aren't even made by the same company, they are unrelated.

Same thing happened with the two Yin Yang Master movies that were released on Netflix almost back to back, featuring the same characters...while being wildly different.

Anyways, I'll see if I can find it somewhere else - it looks good.
    Yeah, its Canadian/US netflix only unfortunately. I watched it using a VPN; if you're willing to go that route, theres 30 day free trials on most of them.

But yeah, I also saw Nezha Reborn; I liked Ne Zha more overall, it felt more cohesive, but I also found Nezha Reborn pretty fun; it feels kinda super-hero-y with a lead with a thinner arc who is nonetheless a rather likeable dude you end up rooting for, theres some decent emotional beats, and the action is top notch and well choreographed. Theres a late film underwater action scene that almost out-Aquamans Aquaman in terms of one going "Whoah haha what? OMG whoah haha"

In general, after a lifetime of Norse, greek and even japanese mythology I found it fascinating to dive into chinese mythology; sometimes it feels like getting thrown into the deep end, in the same way someone non-versed in norse mythology would go "whats the deal with this hammer, are they assuming I know what that is"

Oh, so the action gets crazier in Reborn? Cool. That's one thing that kind of bothered me, the action being just ok-ish during the first half. The other one (and I might be alone on this) is that the animation, while beautiful, is a bit too hyper-dynamic at times, specially with you-know-who (you know, that guy that inspired Dragon Ball).

Might give it a second chance.

Not a huge fan of VPNs, to be honest, but I realized there's a ton of martial arts classics on Netflix-not-Spain, so I might give it a go sometime in the future.

Which, btw, if you wanna dwelve on chinese folk legends and the like, there's the absolutely bonkers A Chinese Odyssey duology in there (Pandora's Box and Cinderella) featuring Stephen Chow + a whiplash inducing frantic pace, but there are some "famous" faces from journey to the west in there (which is also a great movie directed by Stephen Chow, Journey to the West: Conquering all Demons, but it's not on Netflix anymore). I say go for them if you have the time (though some parts might have aged awkwardly).

cool trivia: the guy who made Nezha, Yang Yu or better known by Jiaozi spent more than 2 years and even more years living in poverty writing and rewriting the screenplay for Nezha.
    I think everything took up to 6 years, all the while the production was on brakes at various financing pitstops or on the risk of collapsing entirely.
    He pretty much quit his appealing pharmacy career to become an animator, proceed to starve and work in worse than average working conditions in order to pour his sweat and tears into Nezha and boy was the return worth it.

I mean you get this kind of rags to riches and successful stories once in a while so it's not that a big of a deal but Nezha pretty much destroyed China's box office in terms of what was expected from a chinese animation film.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Not my cup of tea. Looks like Kung Fu Panda animation.
    What is wrong with Kung Fu Panda animation?

Kung Fu Panda has one of the best action sequences ever animated.

Spoiler:

This is the stuff of legends.

I got way more problems with Kung Fu Panda's story than I do with the animation.

Theres definetely vibes of Kung Fu Panda in Ne Zha, like theres piss and fart jokes. But two of those actually made me laugh out loud at their ridiculousness, and theres no referential meta-humor in sight.
    Ultimately, despite the piss and fart and snot jokes, what I appreciated most of the film was how sincere it was. By the end I was 100% invested in the happiness of Nezha and his family, but then again, maybe I've become more of a sap to anything related with children nowadays.

Netflix in Brazil is so weird. It has the sequel but not the original movie for some reason.

Just a nasty ability. I hope there's no more Borgs and the rest of the squad is filled out by shinobi.

Nerfruto

I actually like Jigen because he fights like a martial arts artist.

Nice chapter

Spoiler:
    5 Casually talking about Nishi's capabilities being not enough if something did go wrong. Slandering a Jonin is fun.

4 Eida being disgusted by Code latching his mouth onto her

3 The Jonin with Sasuke having different opinions on Sasuke. 1 says he's just gonna start trouble, but treats him with respect. The other is head over heels for him and is most likely not paying attention to his mission

2 Kawaki taking a concept like Chakra nullification in and applying it right away. He did it in the most ninja way possible.

1 Amado and Shikamaru's conversation on the roof was perfectly written. He's still trying to treat him like an outsider because Shikamaru is naturally vigilant and doesn't want Amado to get too comfortable. He is justified. Amado is definitely up to something and is more aware than he is letting on. Start off with the "you can't smoke here" as he is currently doing. Sarcasm from Dhikamaru about being incompetent made me proud as a Shikamaru fan. Amado is still taken aback by Kawaki's connection to Naruto and that shows in the chapter because whatever he's up to is to help not be a burden to Naruto. He's just devoted and that is juxtaposed to Code's Otsutsuki clan worship. Relates back to the theme of the chapter of madness which is what human love can be compared to.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information