+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Thread XII: This really has to be the final Naruto thread, right?

Default Re: Naruto Thread XII: This really has to be the final Naruto thread, right?

I gave up reading Samurai 8 around 20 chapters in as it got boring and the art wasn't great. There were a few great chapters in that mix, but it became more of a chore after a while. I heard the ending was great, though, but I think it needed to go through the submission and revision process more than it did. It also seems that Japenese fans saw it as being shoved down their throats and resented it quite a bit.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Default Re: Naruto Thread XII: This really has to be the final Naruto thread, right?

^ Most of people will gladly throw money on gacha bullshit, so I doubt that was the reason.

As opposed to simply not giving a damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I think the best character that appeared after the Pain arc was that Cloud Ninja guy who would always imagine the worst outcome of any situation he would be in.

Burn the witch would be an ideal project for so many authors. Serialized story, but like 4 chapters every 3-5 months? Maybe even Kubo can write something cohesive like that.

I'm just here waiting for the return of Sorachi.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It's not just a manga authors thing either, plenty of authors/directors can only do one big series and the rest of them fail to live up to there old series standard

Has J.K Rowling made anything non Harry Potter related that was a hit?

there's very few people who can make a bunch of interesting/successful series, it's usually one big thing and done

It's why I particularly like Brandon Sanderson and Joss Whedon, both can make multiple series that are both amazing and very different from there other stuff, obviously they have some similar themes and messages in there stories sometimes but there's enough variety that it never feels like your getting the same old thing

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post

Has J.K Rowling made anything non Harry Potter related that was a hit?
    Might be a bit tough nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Hachimaru felt like Kishi was writing a sage book or some kind of life lessons impartion info dump manual.
    So much text at some point and characters didn't really feel like their age either.
    Execution was flawed, I guess.. I don't know I was jumping around chapters anyway.

I have nothing to say about the Harry Potter series because I haven't read it

Also too many mechanics and "this is <ki> this is how the powers work" I know that the elements thing in naruto came out very late in the story, but was he more interested on desigining a videogame system, or triumph over Nen, than telling the story.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

He was always a Hunter fan and did it rather obviously from early naruto and the element thing in second half.
    But well, togashi is togashi.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; September 26th, 2020 at 04:54 AM.

The other thing:

Forging friendship through forced or necesary teamwork of characters with conflicting personalities, good

Forging love through the same means... more complicated and in need of more nuances that "you remind me of my brother!" "you remind me of my dad!"
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think I gave up after chapter 8 or so on Samurai 8. I was annoyed the main guy lost all uniqueness after he got a better body or whatever.

I really liked the backgrounds though even if the inking and lack of screen tone(at certain parts) used felt like a colouring book.

So Boruto manga writer retired and now Kishimoto will write the story.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    So Boruto manga writer retired and now Kishimoto will write the story.....?
    I saw that, too.

It's too bad. I've been really liking the Boruto manga. Now, I wish Samurai 8 had been successful, so he wouldn't come to screw this up.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I saw that, too.

It's too bad. I've been really liking the Boruto manga. Now, I wish Samurai 8 had been successful, so he wouldn't come to screw this up.
    I wish he become the illustrator instead

not a fan of his art since part 2 but for me they still better than ikemoto or his other student that drew S8

I think the guy was hired to produce an amount of volumes while Kishi was doing the planned 10 volumes of Samurai 8, since his series got axed, he might just wanted to push faster with the transition.
    If the series wasn't a train wreck enough already.

Can it be a coincidence that this production shakeup would come at exactly the time the Boruto manga has apparently decided...

Spoiler:
    ... to kill off Naruto?

I really wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

While Boruto is certainly not without faults, the author did some things a lot better than Kishi. And I actually found myself wanting to see where it all goes and how. So it's definitely bad news for me.

But on the plus side, if it goes off the rails again, we'll have plenty material for jokes.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Can it be a coincidence that this production shakeup would come at exactly the time the Boruto manga has apparently decided...

Spoiler:
    ... to kill off Naruto?

I really wonder.
    Someone commented that there was a twitter outrage towards Kodachi after it became clear the story was taking a certain direction, and that he had what they called a public meltdown. I've no way of knowing if that's true or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post

Spoiler:
    ... to kill off Naruto?

I really wonder.
    Spoiler:
    The death of who? Oh you mean Boruto's dad? He's no important.

But on a serious note wouldn't this particular development been called since it's first chapter? In the colour page of a destroyed Konoha?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information