+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 990: Army of One

Default Chapter 990: Army of One

It's out! Enjoy!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007659

But break next week.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 990: Army of One

Cool, not much I can really say though, I had a feeling Sasaki was gonna re-join back in the fight at some point. Never expected it to be because of bad aim on Robin's part, lol.

The chapter just essentially the bad guys are regrouping, find out Drake's a mole (I'm gussing that means Hawkins isn't gonna Heel-Turn, pity. Two to one says Law takes him) and he hedges his bets on partnering with Luffy. Ho-hum. I do think this kinda come a bit too early in the battle though, would've been more suspenseful if this happened in the midst of the fight but eh whatever.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Cool, not much I can really say though, I had a feeling Sasaki was gonna re-join back in the fight at some point. Never expected it to be because of bad aim on Robin's part, lol.
    It was not Robin's attack, it was Big Mom's Ikoku attack (the one that breached the walls of the dome all the way out of Onigashima, just before Franky and Brook ran over her).
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I wonder whether Hawkins was talking about Luffy, instead of X Drake.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Would make sense, him checking on whether Luffy actually has a chance, and then deciding what to do

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    I think those were Drake's chances.
    Talking about Luffy having 1% chance is meaningless, we all know he will suceed. But Drake's survival? Now that's an interesting thing to create tension.
    Of course, the confirmation is sure to come later. I bet Hawkins will fight Drake again, confirming it was Drake's chance, and also throw "The chances of the Beast Pirates winning this battle are 90%" or something like that.

Another Supernova teams up w/ the Strawhats

Glad Denjiro wasn't his best friend. That was too sad to be allowed.

For anyone who cares, there's a challenge going around. Some are going to stop reading now and wait out chapter 991-1000 to binge. Reminds me of when I tried to sit out for Reverie event and overshot it to when Luffy and Zoro finally reuniting.

I'm definitely not trying it. I don't have the discipline. Especially with these recent chapters.

I keep forgetting how large the Numbers are. The Minks are ants on his body, even in Sulong, which I get isn't that much larger than their normal form. None of the Calamities have had to pull out their hybrid form, so if Neko and Inu don't get Jack here, he's meant for someone else.

I love how every Tobi Roppo has something to be antsy about, but Black Maria is just composed. She''s my favorite so far. Looks like she's being saved for last because most that has been done with her is laying next to Kaido and having a pleasure territory.

Drake said that the Navy is later, which is what I questioned for a while as his future after Kaido falls. Didn't think it would get any traction now. He could go back to them, but not yet. Leaving would mean that there's nothing more to salvage or in general gain. Staying undercover means there's another opportunity. Straw Hats as his next target or just being a pirate is still an objective after all this. What he does is more of an indicator of what SWORD's true objective is.

So that's 3 Numbers down. If they're not fully done for, maybe 9 and 6 show up next. The goal is to keep the crew and Supernova down there. BM, Pero and Marco are still out of the picture for now. I hope Oda doesn't sideline her for too long because it isn't realistic. The chaos is too much for this current area. Gotta spread it out. Where are the Kid and Heart Pirates?

Jack keeping the minks at bay dude is a tank .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Discovered Stowaway

Jack gonna die

no hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I think those were Drake's chances.
    Talking about Luffy having 1% chance is meaningless, we all know he will suceed. But Drake's survival? Now that's an interesting thing to create tension.
    Of course, the confirmation is sure to come later. I bet Hawkins will fight Drake again, confirming it was Drake's chance, and also throw "The chances of the Beast Pirates winning this battle are 90%" or something like that.
    Don't think there will be a confirmation, as the way the chapter frames it ("Sucks to be him") already implies it.

I think Hawkins is already done for fighting purposes. He's already been defeated by the alliance and had three different opportunities to face them, so his threat level is now established and Oda will want to focus on the new enemies.

He will probably be more of a support force from now on.
    Last edited by King Cannon; September 13th, 2020 at 10:21 AM.

i'm hoping Luffy remembers that it was Drake who attacked amigasa village a year ago, and that we will get some information regarding that.

Queen going two sword. He's trying to one up Kaku in every way.

Anyone still has expectations for chapter 1000? Like what are you even expecting to happen...

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Anyone still has expectations for chapter 1000? Like what are you even expecting to happen...
    Kaido defeated end of act 3

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    i'm hoping Luffy remembers that it was Drake who attacked amigasa village a year ago, and that we will get some information regarding that.
    That would be a decent segue into Tama coming out as the silhouette character.

This week more than any other week I felt like the official release made the chapter many times better than the scans, but I'm still of the opinion that the ending was too rushed and didn't flow well despite being the most important part of the chapter.

Man, I wish Neko and Inu would just wipe the floor with Jack, no struggle or any problems. Be done with him, just like that.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Imagine Jacku going straight into Awakened Zoan form. No hybird, no extra steps, just full Drool Mode.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information