+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 990: Army of One

Default Re: Chapter 990: Army of One

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Not really. Queen has barely moved from the stage at all, only attacking when Luffy tried to get past him. Whereas King seems more interested in making sure no one reaches the roof through the sky, which is much easier to do when you let them come to you. At the very least, this chapter was just him taking the time to call in the Tobi Roppo anyhow, so who knows what he'll do next..
    I just feel that personally I think it feels weird, so where's Luffy running to now? I kind of wish Oda had continued that scene from last chapter where King and Queen stopped Luffy and Zoro.

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    When was this said? I only remember the 10 musketeers + guardians.
    Ooop, sorry I almost forget to answer you this.

It's in chapter 975, when the SH's pop out of the ocean to save the Red Scabbards.

they're wondering where all their numbers are, and Franky says 'And the 200 Musketeers of Inuarashi that were in port itachi'

I saw this around somewhere:

https://www.parlettgames.uk/oricards/whoswho.html

Who's Who is a three player game with the goal of finding out who's your partner and who's the opponent. Sounds familiar.
    During Dressrosa, I claimed, multiple times(I kinda drove people mad with it), that in certain card games a handful of Spades, has higher value than a handful of Aces, and that Trébol, Diamante and Pica would all be defeated by swordsmen, even tho I originally pushed for Cavendish to be the one taking down Trébol. it ultimately ended up defeated by Law, but he's still a swordsman, so I was still right with that.

It's never been aknowledged officially or anything, but I still do believe that was totally a gaming card reference right there.

and this finding, just gives me more hope.
    Last edited by Monquito; September 17th, 2020 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Ooop, sorry I almost forget to answer you this.

It's in chapter 975, when the SH's pop out of the ocean to save the Red Scabbards.

they're wondering where all their numbers are, and Franky says 'And the 200 Musketeers of Inuarashi that were in port itachi'

During Dressrosa, I claimed, multiple times(I kinda drove people mad with it), that in certain card games a handful of Spades, has higher value than a handful of Aces, and that Trébol, Diamante and Pica would all be defeated by swordsmen, even tho I originally pushed for Cavendish to be the one taking down Trébol. it ultimately ended up defeated by Law, but he's still a swordsman, so I was still right with that.

It's never been aknowledged officially or anything, but I still do believe that was totally a gaming card reference right there.

and this finding, just gives me more hope.
    Ah thanks, i thought the musketeers and guardians respectively were elite groups but makes Carrot even less special within her tribe/race, let alone in the world.

I like your enthusiasm about chapter 1000 guys, but for me I'd be pretty happy if there is just no break between chapter 999, 1000 and 1001
    Anything else would be a plus.

I'm still not of the belief that Orochi is dead, but i'm not sure if Kaido's intentions were to definitely kill him or not. If Orochi is able to survive something like that, is Kaido aware? If he isn't, then I believe he really intended to kill him. If he is aware, then it was just a dramatic to mess with someone and that hasn't even been in Kaido's character so far.

If Orochi is dead, I believe it was like a Hamlet like situation. Get him when he's at his highest of highs. He's about to extinguish, what he believes to be, the Kozuki bloodline. Then swiftly, it is taken away from him by Kaido who is the one that he relies on for power and for so long. That is what I took from it if that is truly his end.

I've questioned what the Oniwabanshu and Mimawarigumi are truly loyal to. Is it whoever is the strongest, most favorable, holds the Shogun position, etc? I seen speed walking by Fukurokuju and from just those 2 panels, I took it as Hotei and Fukurokuju are not on the same page. Now, do they have to be? No, it is interesting that the writer throws that in there to juuxtapose the feelings of the Wano locals like Hyo. Hyo was shown to dislike the choice that Hotei and Fukurokuju made. Then, in this chapter while Hyo's Yakuza are making way for the Straw Hats, the Oniwabanshu are looking down on the Yakuza and prisoners and it turns to Fukurokuju leaving for something else. He can leave with no reaction from other characters, but the writer wants us to see that Hotei took note of it.

Whether Orochi is where Fukurokuju is headed or not, his true allegiance and Hotei's as well are on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I'm still not of the belief that Orochi is dead, but i'm not sure if Kaido's intentions were to definitely kill him or not. If Orochi is able to survive something like that, is Kaido aware? If he isn't, then I believe he really intended to kill him. If he is aware, then it was just a dramatic to mess with someone and that hasn't even been in Kaido's character so far.

If Orochi is dead, I believe it was like a Hamlet like situation. Get him when he's at his highest of highs. He's about to extinguish, what he believes to be, the Kozuki bloodline. Then swiftly, it is taken away from him by Kaido who is the one that he relies on for power and for so long. That is what I took from it if that is truly his end.

I've questioned what the Oniwabanshu and Mimawarigumi are truly loyal to. Is it whoever is the strongest, most favorable, holds the Shogun position, etc? I seen speed walking by Fukurokuju and from just those 2 panels, I took it as Hotei and Fukurokuju are not on the same page. Now, do they have to be? No, it is interesting that the writer throws that in there to juuxtapose the feelings of the Wano locals like Hyo. Hyo was shown to dislike the choice that Hotei and Fukurokuju made. Then, in this chapter while Hyo's Yakuza are making way for the Straw Hats, the Oniwabanshu are looking down on the Yakuza and prisoners and it turns to Fukurokuju leaving for something else. He can leave with no reaction from other characters, but the writer wants us to see that Hotei took note of it.

Whether Orochi is where Fukurokuju is headed or not, his true allegiance and Hotei's as well are on display.
    My money is on one of two options that will lead to a similar outcome:

1) Orochi is still dead, and Fukurokuju calls in CP-0.
    2) Orochi is either alive, or Fukurokuju revives him, then they both call in CP-0.

Why do both options end in CP-0? Because they are Orochi/Fukurokuju's only shot at staying alive in the long-term. And the denizens of Wano need to be somehow shown that Orochi was violating what was supposed to be an iron-clad rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Sigh, once again... In my theory, his zoan would become awakened and would take control. Or part of it. Doesn't matter how good of a fighter Orochi is if he's a super powered 8-headed and 8-tailed dragon.

If we're ever going to see an awakened mythical zoan, now's the right time. With such a weak user than can't possibly be a threat otherwise. And if he isn't supposed to be any threat, why even give him such a devil fruit. Ending things like they seemingly were would be something i'd expect to see in Bleach, with Kubo's erratic writing, but not here.
    This is pretty much my view as well. I feel like Oda isn’t such a bad writer that he would introduce something like this only to throw it out the window before even really utilizing it. I’d be especially bummed if Kanjuro is out of the picture as well. Both abilities have a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Rean View Post
    My money is on one of two options that will lead to a similar outcome:

1) Orochi is still dead, and Fukurokuju calls in CP-0.
    2) Orochi is either alive, or Fukurokuju revives him, then they both call in CP-0.

Why do both options end in CP-0? Because they are Orochi/Fukurokuju's only shot at staying alive in the long-term. And the denizens of Wano need to be somehow shown that Orochi was violating what was supposed to be an iron-clad rule.
    I think CP0 will have just a fringe presence in Wano. THey are probably watching, but won't interfere with the events. Most likely, the WG will get the news through CP0, thought Drake will probably report to other Sword members.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Pretty sure the CP0 visit happened like one or two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Pretty sure the CP0 visit happened like one or two weeks ago.
    I imagine they could have spies in Wano.
    I don't think they have any meaningful presence in the arc's conclusion otherwise.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Yes!! one piece chapter 990 published. break next week
    https://onepiecemangaonlin.com/one-piece-chapter-990/

Hoping for an early, vague, confusing 991 spoiler today.

I don’t mind monday spoilers after a break, just to have something to discuss and look forward.

I assume in 991 one or more of the last MIA important named characters will appear:

a) Law & Bepo
    b) Kid & Killer
    c) Marco & Perospero
    d) Apoo...just no, f him

I personally hope for c) because BM somehow needs to start getting out of the fight soon (Robin roll was just stalling), as the Luffy alliance simply does not have the manpower to defeat two warlords here.

But Law telling Luffy that X Drake saved him would be a quick solution to 990´s cliffhanger, unless we get Drake responding to "Why should I/we trust you?" with these 4 magic words: "Coby is my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by LeeClark View Post
    Yes!! one piece chapter 990 published. break next week
    https://onepiecemangaonlin.com/one-piece-chapter-990/
    Why would anyone use this over the official release? Serious question. I couldn't even open any of the images...

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    I assume in 991 one or more of the last MIA important named characters will appear:

a) Law & Bepo
    b) Kid & Killer
    c) Marco & Perospero
    d) Apoo...just no, f him

I personally hope for c) because BM somehow needs to start getting out of the fight soon (Robin roll was just stalling), as the Luffy alliance simply does not have the manpower to defeat two warlords here.

But Law telling Luffy that X Drake saved him would be a quick solution to 990´s cliffhanger, unless we get Drake responding to "Why should I/we trust you?" with these 4 magic words: "Coby is my friend."
    I think we are going to start seeing a turn for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    You know, this chapter may have been the highest point in the heroic charge, the one that announces the descent into the darkest moment.

Kaido is untouched. We are yet to see him fighting
    Jack is tanking the whole mink tribe, forcing another trump card to be used
    Sasaki is freed
    The Tobiroppo start to organize a resistance
    The traitor tobiroppo is exposed
    Fukurokuju has his own plan
    King and Queen start to take things seriouly.

So, possibilities for next chapters:
    Queen’s fixation with Babanuki may lead to Tama being in danger.
    Kaido finally acts. May intervene before Jack is defeated
    Tobiroppo show they are not pushovers. We may see bounties (I guess between ~400M and ~900M)
    Big Mom comes back
    Big Mom Pirates appear
    Orochi and/or Kanjuro get up
    We get a twist reveal about Yamato

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I think CP0 will have just a fringe presence in Wano. THey are probably watching, but won't interfere with the events. Most likely, the WG will get the news through CP0, thought Drake will probably report to other Sword members.
    The reason my mind goes there is mainly because Orochi (or his close allies) has very few options at this point. Fukurokuju was clearly unhappy with Kaido's ultimatum, and I don't see any remaining allies of theirs except for CP-0.

Also I don't see Kaido selling weapons to a WG he's planning to declare war on either. So CP-0 have an incentive to act now, especially in an environment that will have the WG on its own against the entire piracy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rean View Post
    The reason my mind goes there is mainly because Orochi (or his close allies) has very few options at this point. Fukurokuju was clearly unhappy with Kaido's ultimatum, and I don't see any remaining allies of theirs except for CP-0.

Also I don't see Kaido selling weapons to a WG he's planning to declare war on either. So CP-0 have an incentive to act now, especially in an environment that will have the WG on its own against the entire piracy world.
    Your reasoning makes a lot of sense, but for narrative purposes, I think the action will mostly contain The already known parts, with CP0 being a looming threat rather than joining the fray. Maybe they have some role, kinda like Stussy did in WCI, and may have a presence in the Act 5, but I don’t expect anything major.

What is unusually missing is one of the most important pieces in this fight against Kaido. Neither Kaido nor Big Mom realise how dangerous this individual can be to their alliance illustrated by the fact that none of the All Stars or Tobi Roppo are even concerned about him. The only character that potentially realises the danger this character possesses is Hawkins. That character being Trafalgar Law. He has separated from the group for a reason and currently he is working his way toward that destination.

The idea to take down Kaido was to begin with Law's when he made his proposition to Luffy. Law may have intended at the start to use the Straw Hat Pirates to corner Doflamingo and leave him to Kaido but that plan developed into their alliance becoming a direct enemy of Kaido. Law has chosen to remain with the alliance and is using the current chaos to do...something. Initially, I interpreted Hawkins's reading to relate to X Drake considering he is the focal character of the chapter but there are two other characters that Hawkins is interested in beside X Drake and one of them is Law.

To have what has been labelled the "Ultimate Devil Fruit" matched up against the existence known as "the Strongest Creature" seems like an match-up inevitable to happen. Ever since the start of the Punk Hazard Arc when Kin'emon was introduced, we have come to learn how powerful the Ope Ope no Mi can be. Alongside the conflicts leading up to the battle against the Beast Pirates, the power of the Ope Ope no Mi has been revealed. The greatest power of the Ope Ope no Mi is what gave it its reputation as the Ultimate Devil Fruit. Having such capabilities, a feat in line with that act may ultimately be what decides the outcome of the battle against the Beast Pirates. Kaido has a seemingly "unkillable" body and Law has the ability to freely modify bodies to the point of being able to grant an individual perennial youth (at the cost of his life). It may very well be that Law's purpose isn't to use the Perennial Youth Operation on anyone but to use his abilities to strip Kaido of his resistance to death/fatal damage allowing him to become vulnerable to the attacks Luffy, Zoro and Kid will eventually land on him. Unbeknownst to Kaido, Law could very well be his Kryptonite. And this could be where the 1% survival rate Hawkins predicted will come into play - the chances of Law surviving when using his abilities against Kaido.

If there is a Tenryuubito that had the 'Perennial Youth Operation' performed on them in the past, I don't believe Law will be the one to handle them. Which leads me to believe Law will use his abilities against a different enemy, one in which a vulnerability needs to be introduced. The inkillable Kaido seems ripe for that.

and at the end of the war kaido(or orochi) will get cut into pieces by law just like kinemon and the former wano islands!
    i like that as utter defeat. although i am expecting that tama will play a crucial role as well

the beast pirates and their alliances will crumble anyway that was pretty clear when we got the xebec introduction
    Last edited by vlad Dracul; September 24th, 2020 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    What is unusually missing is one of the most important pieces in this fight against Kaido. Neither Kaido nor Big Mom realise how dangerous this individual can be to their alliance illustrated by the fact that none of the All Stars or Tobi Roppo are even concerned about him. The only character that potentially realises the danger this character possesses is Hawkins. That character being Trafalgar Law. He has separated from the group for a reason and currently he is working his way toward that destination.

The idea to take down Kaido was to begin with Law's when he made his proposition to Luffy. Law may have intended at the start to use the Straw Hat Pirates to corner Doflamingo and leave him to Kaido but that plan developed into their alliance becoming a direct enemy of Kaido. Law has chosen to remain with the alliance and is using the current chaos to do...something. Initially, I interpreted Hawkins's reading to relate to X Drake considering he is the focal character of the chapter but there are two other characters that Hawkins is interested in beside X Drake and one of them is Law.

To have what has been labelled the "Ultimate Devil Fruit" matched up against the existence known as "the Strongest Creature" seems like an match-up inevitable to happen. Ever since the start of the Punk Hazard Arc when Kin'emon was introduced, we have come to learn how powerful the Ope Ope no Mi can be. Alongside the conflicts leading up to the battle against the Beast Pirates, the power of the Ope Ope no Mi has been revealed. The greatest power of the Ope Ope no Mi is what gave it its reputation as the Ultimate Devil Fruit. Having such capabilities, a feat in line with that act may ultimately be what decides the outcome of the battle against the Beast Pirates. Kaido has a seemingly "unkillable" body and Law has the ability to freely modify bodies to the point of being able to grant an individual perennial youth (at the cost of his life). It may very well be that Law's purpose isn't to use the Perennial Youth Operation on anyone but to use his abilities to strip Kaido of his resistance to death/fatal damage allowing him to become vulnerable to the attacks Luffy, Zoro and Kid will eventually land on him. Unbeknownst to Kaido, Law could very well be his Kryptonite. And this could be where the 1% survival rate Hawkins predicted will come into play - the chances of Law surviving when using his abilities against Kaido.

If there is a Tenryuubito that had the 'Perennial Youth Operation' performed on them in the past, I don't believe Law will be the one to handle them. Which leads me to believe Law will use his abilities against a different enemy, one in which a vulnerability needs to be introduced. The inkillable Kaido seems ripe for that.
    Law isn’t even needed here. Kaido is getting wrecked by the scabbards and Big Mom is getting destroyed by the straw hats weaklings

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information