+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 990: Army of One

Default Re: Chapter 990: Army of One

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Anyone still has expectations for chapter 1000? Like what are you even expecting to happen...
    Huge, huge event. The buildup's enough for something huge to happen, and 100 chapters do matter. (I've had this debate many times, let's not)
    And yeah tons of people rightfully have expectations for it. Probably even Shounen Jump themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Sucks we are not getting kaido vs the minks
    (from the chapter 989 thread)
    *poke*

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    People have all sorts of takes on that scene. For me all i got from that was real suprise to be hurt and a deep sense of deja vu. Like if he had gotten up from it all wailing about how he should never be hurt or something maybe i could've gotten trauma from that. But as it were it doesn't really contradict my image of him
    Yeah, i saw the dude lamenting about not being able to get hurt or even die panicking about getting hurt. Add to that his panic when Big Mom first arrived, yep was disappointing.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    By everything we know about the dukes and Jack and their power and Sulong, Jack should definitely be getting absolutely massacred in the very near future. There's no way Inu and Neko are gonna miss the scabbards fight against Kaido, either, so it really can only go one way.

Maybe he'll get back up later so someone else can take him on. That's his thing, after all. Getting absolutely demolished in fights he never had any chance of winning, but coming back anyways.
    Both Inu and Neko have lost a limb, would be insane if they could compensate it that quickly.

Do we know what made the explosion that let Drake escape ? That part is a bit confusing to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Do we know what made the explosion that let Drake escape ? That part is a bit confusing to me
    It didn't look like an accident or something external. Drake probably caused the explosion himself.

Luffy and Drake one shots a “number” each and an entire Sulong army is struggling with one?

Even Franky took one out easily.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

What a fun chapter! I especially liked that panel of Kaido grinning over a battlefield. I've more and more started to see him as this mythical monster.
    He btw looks a lot more comfortable in his dragon form, relaxed.

I kind of laughed at Luffy being surprised/annoyed that yet again some freakshow wants to join him in his fight.

Raising a glass for my adorable failgiant boys ;( they were too pure for this world.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Dino-fart with a match. Believe me. Thats why he shoot out from There like cannonball.

Lol

On more serious note most likely he used some grenade to create opening. Kaido has weapon factories all over Wano and Queen so his people are quite well armed. I wonder if we will see any of military weapons being used in this conflict. Maybe slaves from factories will also go against Kaido goons when they will hear about big fight against Beast Pirates, that would be cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    What a fun chapter! I especially liked that panel of Kaido grinning over a battlefield. I've more and more started to see him as this mythical monster.
    After check, the sfx gogogogo means "a menacing atmosphere" so I'm not sure you are reading that scene correctly.
    Where exactly is that grin ? The eyes are greyed which is not usually a sign that convey happyness

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    and an entire Sulong army is struggling with one?
    Whatever reason people assumed Sulong was strong?

I mean, Carrot didn't scratch Daifoku at all.

After check, the sfx gogogogo means "a menacing atmosphere" so I'm not sure you are reading that scene correctly.
    Where exactly is that grin ? The eyes are greyed which is not usually a sign that convey happyness
    I mean to me that is clearly a grin *shrugs*

Like he is enjoying seeing all that fighting like a proper villain should.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Luffy and Drake one shots a “number” each and an entire Sulong army is struggling with one?

Even Franky took one out easily.
    Well, most of the minks are fodders, like it or not, and sulong is like fodders on steroids, but still fodders. Luffy, drake, franky are some of the strongest guys in the alliance, one of them will even beat kaidou, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Whatever reason people assumed Sulong was strong?

I mean, Carrot didn't scratch Daifoku at all.
    Well maybe because the Minks themselves said they have an Ace under their sleeve and that Ace is Sulong.

Carrot deactivated about 15 ships and did not get hit despite Daifoku been there. The mission was not attack Daifoku. In this case, this giant is successfully preventing a Sulong army from getting to Kaido.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Anyone still has expectations for chapter 1000? Like what are you even expecting to happen...
    If we go by how each act started with some time frame passed, everything in Onigashima has to wrap up in some sorta way in order for Act 2 to end and 1000th chapter to depict things outside of Wano, which seems near impossible. And knowing Oda, he probably won't go out of his limb to restructure or disturb the flow of plot to set 1000th chapter for something bigger than say, giving little triumph moment for each Strawhats like that one chapter from Fishmen Island.

Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post

I kind of laughed at Luffy being surprised/annoyed that yet again some freakshow wants to join him in his fight.

Raising a glass for my adorable failgiant boys ;( they were too pure for this world.
    Could you imagine how damn intimidating it would be to just have the target for your vengeance (as the Scabbards) grinning and looming in the background while his minions do the fighting? I'd literally be paralyzed with fear. Kaido is climbing up my favorite villains list very fast just for his sheer imposing presence. And this is a series packed to the brim with awesome villains.

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Well maybe because the Minks themselves said they have an Ace under their sleeve and that Ace is Sulong.

Carrot deactivated about 15 ships and did not get hit despite Daifoku been there. The mission was not attack Daifoku. In this case, this giant is successfully preventing a Sulong army from getting to Kaido.
    Carrot mostly dodged and took out fodder, most ships were taken out either by removing the helm or by Daifuku himself, and Carrot is among the strongest mink members period.
    Only thing it has been said is that they would not lose next time like they did on Zou, and they lost against Jack and fodder pretty much, while numbers are the equivalent of Oars, and probably by extension Oars Jr. who was taking out giants (including a Vice Admiral) and only lost against Shichibukai.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    i'm hoping Luffy remembers that it was Drake who attacked amigasa village a year ago, and that we will get some information regarding that.
    Nah, even if he does it won't affect anything.

Remember, Luffy and the SH still allied with Caeser, who did legitimately terrible things. Including kidnapping and performing medical experiments on children, while keeping them addicted to drugs.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Who's Who reminds me of a former member of the Whitebeard Pirates, Chameleone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Could you imagine how damn intimidating it would be to just have the target for your vengeance (as the Scabbards) grinning and looming in the background while his minions do the fighting? I'd literally be paralyzed with fear. Kaido is climbing up my favorite villains list very fast just for his sheer imposing presence. And this is a series packed to the brim with awesome villains.
    Yeah dude! Totally. Well said.

I've always liked Kaido and this war just makes me like him more. From that goddamn hilarious board room meeting he held up to this moment.

To me, what's even more funny/cool is that he could, you know, just to scorch them, but he doesn't. He's too busy just chilling and enjoying the view. I love it.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Who's Who reminds me of a former member of the Whitebeard Pirates, Chameleone.
    • Carnotaurus appeared in the novel The Lost World by Michael Crichton (1995) as a color-changing chameleon-like dinosaur, but this ability is purely speculative. It also appeared in a level of the video game adaptation of the film.
    I wouldnt mind if Oda went this route for his DF, even if it is fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Nah, even if he does it won't affect anything.

Remember, Luffy and the SH still allied with Caeser, who did legitimately terrible things. Including kidnapping and performing medical experiments on children, while keeping them addicted to drugs.
    Not saying it will affect anything, would just like it to be brought up again.

Quote Originally Posted by ArseneWenger View Post
    WHERE IS MARCO??????????????
    Fighting Perospero.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information