+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 990: Army of One

Default Re: Chapter 990: Army of One

You sort of get the feeling that Kaido is just relishing in the chaos. If he is as bored as i've always assumed him to be i'm guessing that he'll want to milk these moments for all its excitement. Then once everyone is beaten up he can go for a shopping spree of interesting strong subjects

Ooh, Jack is fighting the Mink Kings after all

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    You sort of get the feeling that Kaido is just relishing in the chaos. If he is as bored as i've always assumed him to be i'm guessing that he'll want to milk these moments for all its excitement. Then once everyone is beaten up he can go for a shopping spree of interesting strong subjects
    Seeing him traumatized by getting stabbed and hurt kind of contradicted that unfortunately

Its hard to say how I feel about the chapter, its a mixed bag

-Beast Pirates further losing strength, yet another supposedly powerful member of them switching sides, making the alliance even more superior
    -Kaido and the Scabbards just standing there, watching the show
    -Luffy again being the one to one-shoot the enemy, especially after it was clearly stated, that the strawhats should conserve their strength (at the least, give the scene to another one of the strawhats)

On the other hand
    -Jack taking on the whole mink army and contrary to the spoilers not being freaked out (though it will be interesting how he handles Neko and Inu)
    -more hype for Whos Who and Sasaki already freed
    -with X Drake not being part of the Beast Pirates anymore, another potential trump card in favour of the alliance is removed

I just hope that in the next chapter(s) the Tobi Roppo will get some opportunity to shine for once, and that things will finally turn against the strawhats/alliance and not everything is a walk in the park like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    -Luffy again being the one to one-shoot the enemy, especially after it was clearly stated, that the strawhats should conserve their strength (at the least, give the scene to another one of the strawhats)
    To be fair, Franky just took down (or at least greatly injured) one last chapter.

Also the point of that scene was to illustrate that the Strawhats are no longer phased by a massive foe like this, whereas the Numbers would be too much for the regular samurai. Luffy and the others have grown enough where it's just simply more sensible to take one out with a quick Kong Gun, Radical Beam, etc., than to let the samurai struggle immensely just to take one down. Luffy basically told them it's fine, they got it.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Seeing him traumatized by getting stabbed and hurt kind of contradicted that unfortunately
    People have all sorts of takes on that scene. For me all i got from that was real suprise to be hurt and a deep sense of deja vu. Like if he had gotten up from it all wailing about how he should never be hurt or something maybe i could've gotten trauma from that. But as it were it doesn't really contradict my image of him

Since sulong doesn't last long and it's too early for jack to fall, either mink kings beat him later without sulong mode or luffy shows up and beats jack.

By everything we know about the dukes and Jack and their power and Sulong, Jack should definitely be getting absolutely massacred in the very near future. There's no way Inu and Neko are gonna miss the scabbards fight against Kaido, either, so it really can only go one way.

Maybe he'll get back up later so someone else can take him on. That's his thing, after all. Getting absolutely demolished in fights he never had any chance of winning, but coming back anyways.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    For anyone who cares, there's a challenge going around. Some are going to stop reading now and wait out chapter 991-1000 to binge.
    Every major thing would be spoiled for me through yt thumbnails, tweets etc. I will never even attempt stuff like this. xD
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    By everything we know about the dukes and Jack and their power and Sulong, Jack should definitely be getting absolutely massacred in the very near future. There's no way Inu and Neko are gonna miss the scabbards fight against Kaido, either, so it really can only go one way.

Maybe he'll get back up later so someone else can take him on. That's his thing, after all. Getting absolutely demolished in fights he never had any chance of winning, but coming back anyways.
    Jack shouldn't stand a chance, but the situation is not so clear-cut. The most obvious thing I can say is that Kaido is there and he can strike at any time before Jack falls down.

So far the confrontation on the roof has been very underwhelming. Hopefully it changes now with Cat and Dog. It would help to dedicate at least an entire chapter to the fight instead of a couple pages at a time.

1% is Law chance for living through this battle till tomorrow.

1% for one of the Samurais because one of the Scabbards have to go
    + personal stake

This wano war is the biggest event the stawhats have taken part in the series. To me going after their first yonko, in a very luffish manner head on. After starting the assualt all the way back in punk hazard. The scope of this battle is immense, and its repercussions on a already chaotic world.

The crew and the crew's perspective which we are viewing is pretty cool but the big bad is relishing the challenge as he said to luffy bring it on few chapters back. He and his top two are yet to actually flex.They the alliance, are still out gunned, and this could get worst when the big mom pirates do make their entrance. Big mom might have been temporarily pushed to the side but a yonko infront you and a yonko behind you is daunting.
    The shadow of the world government is also in the shadows. The cpo demand for weapons has to he important. They were willing to come directly n sit and talk with orochi. This certainly to me seem pretty cool. I don't see the strawhats losing but they could come out the losers in certain scuffles within the war. The war is not gonna have any pauses. It does not make sense. Although the writer could do it if he chose to. To me

Onigashima seems as big as marineford with at least two layers. And big enough for the battles Looking from where queen n king was n the two numbers that luffy n drake knocked down. I can see danger spilling to wanokuni mainland via king and kaido... but i don't see any reason why the war it self needs to move to wano, that is the battle field. Onigashima is going to be the battle field. We have the representatives from wano on onigashima. Both those loyal to Oden n those who served orochi. More than that.. i see no reason why video den den mushi can't be turned on eventually for the mother land as luffy and kaido finished off the war. Which might be over the flower capital. Im looking forward to this war. And who will stop who. How kid n law will make it to the top. When they will. How much of a role drake will play.

I just heard someone mention that Drake was the one who destroyed Tama's village. I had forgotten that detail. So Luffy might actually start next chapter by punching him in the face and require more convincing to accept him.

Drake will have to tell Luffy who he is. I don't think they've ever met.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    I just heard someone mention that Drake was the one who destroyed Tama's village. I had forgotten that detail. So Luffy might actually start next chapter by punching him in the face and require more convincing to accept him.
    With bege it was the matter of hurting his friend, pekoms. This time its just for destroying a village. Not sure about that. Its different this time.

Luffy will probably not remember Drake’s name anyway. But, if someone points it to him...
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

That huge helmet make me think if - with the huge sword outside - we're gonna know about some past wano giant
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Discovered Stowaway ArseneWenger's Avatar

WHERE IS MARCO??????????????
    Whichever side wins becomes the Justice.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information