+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sousou no Frieren - A deplorable, yet fun, journey

Default Sousou no Frieren

Writer: Yamada Kanehito
    Artist: Abe Tsukasa
    Magazine: Shonen Sunday

Synopsis: The Demong King has been defeated and the world enters a new era of peace, the hero and his comrades can finally put an end to their journey. After the celebration, each one goes different ways, but not without making the promise of seeing each other again in fifty years. For most of them, that time is an eternity, but not for Frieren, the mage of the party, for whom time passes a lot slower...
    Last edited by DestinyDogma; August 23rd, 2020 at 05:22 AM.

Default Re: Sousou no Frieren - A deplorable, yet fun, journey

thank you for reminding me of this title. I had read the first 2 chapters but forgot to bookmark it

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    thank you for reminding me of this title. I had read the first 2 chapters but forgot to bookmark it
    Np, glad to hear it. I was hoping more people would read it, it´s one of the new series that I am looking foward the most lately.

Thanks for the recommendation for this! This kinda story is my jam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Chapter 15 is out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1008339/1

Spoiler:
    Well, Frieren is more ruthless than I thought, then again, so far she has been right about demons. I guess this will be the first serious arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation for this! This kinda story is my jam.
    Happy to hear it.

Thanks for pointing out this manga. Binged it right now. I think the older you are yourself, the more tears will flow each chap.

Spoiler:
    The longing seeps out of every panel. At least until now. Now the action starts I guess.

As a german "Lord Lügner" made me chuckle quite a bit. Well, there it is, the bad guy. Love the literal use of my language here. Makes it easy to get what the author wants to convey. Like, the forest "Größe" (big/size). Fern (far/remote) makes me think though...
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Chapter 16 is out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1016992/1

Spoiler:
    The human commander being smart enough to not jump to conclusions was nice, even if things went awry afterward. Looking foward to the disciples battles, but I hope we still get more relaxex chapters after this arc. That said, this chapter´s mood was still pretty light-hearted things considered, wich is nice.

Stark is funny. Since the girls are serious it balances the group dynamic
    And yeah next chapter should have more action than usual

Chapter 17 is up: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1029410/1

It seems that the tittle may have a double meaning. Looking foward to Frieren´s fight, though I hope this arc has at least a couple of light hearted scenes once the fight is over.

What an odd, charming manga. I look forward to whatever it brings.

Chapter 18 is out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1037388/1

Spoiler:
    The whole "the higher the risk, the higher the power" thing reminded me of HxH, aside from that I liked how Aura comment on Himmel just pissed off Frieren.

I love this series, but this chap had like zero purpose.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I love this series, but this chap had like zero purpose.
    Yeah, I kinda agree. It was basically an info-dump about the Aura´s magic without anything else really happening, I still liked the little flashback about Frieren though.

omg the synopsis looks exxciting, gonna read this asap

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

oww sheit, only 18 chapter... maaaan... i guess will just bookmark it for now... imma wait till it gets 50 ora 100 chaps so i can binge

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information