+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 935: ''Zoro Stunned - The Shocking Identity of the Mysterious Woman!''

Default 935: ''Zoro Stunned - The Shocking Identity of the Mysterious Woman!''

Blue-eyed, teal-haired Japanese women are a dime a dozen, right?

Title: ''Zoro Stunned - The Shocking Identity of the Mysterious Woman!''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 938-939
    Episode Director: Kenichi Takeshita (new)
    Animation Director: Kenji Yokoyama (***)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: ​[url]www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece[/rul]
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 935: ''Zoro Stunned - The Shocking Identity of the Mysterious Woman!''

One Piece Opening 23 DREAMIN' ON - Da-iCE - HD Version

One Piece Episode 936 Preview

Last edited by thaihoa91; August 1st, 2020 at 06:13 PM.

Default Re: 935: ''Zoro Stunned - The Shocking Identity of the Mysterious Woman!''

Footage was a little closer to what we're used to but still completely arc-relevant. No ​Sunny. Action looked great even on the low-quality stream. No new characters post-974 for anyone wondering.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Notable animators on the opening (that I can read) are:

Midori Matsuda
    Tu Yong-ce
    Tan Junwan
    Shu Sugita
    Masami Mori
    Tetsuro Nireki
    Katsumi Ishizuka
    Hiromi Ishigami
    Jun Arai (WTF?)
    Akiko Sugizono
    Takashi Kojima
    Hayato Kurosaki

Komaki directed it.

Good opening. Not nearly the same league as Over the Top, though.

Really love the early shot with Law, Kidd, and Luffy fighting for the camera.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Haki spitting..lol

Can someone clarify - did we know that Sea Prism Stone bullets can be defelected by a Devil Fruit eater using Haki fists? I don't remember it has ever been shown before. I thought that DF eaters become weak just by touching Sea Prism Stone. Or the anime made a mistake in this episode?

Yonkou allied force evilvanessafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Fire View Post
    Can someone clarify - did we know that Sea Prism Stone bullets can be defelected by a Devil Fruit eater using Haki fists?
    i noticed this in the preview last week, considering it is filler, i assume they made a mistake,
    as in the manga, Luffy evades every attack.....

Smoker has shown that he can use Haki on his seastone-tipped jitte, so it’s not far-fetched. Luffy was able to block it with minimal direct contact, so it didn’t get a chance to weaken him.

Luffy is just clowning on gifters and its great. They even had them have their own special combo ultimate attack and Luffy just overpowered it with a regular haki punch.

Art and animation was fine all the way through, but I kind of hated this episode with the exception of the last scene. They did what they could to make the prison scene serviceable, but it was expanded so much. The team doesn’t realize that they shouldn’t expand weaker content—only expand the stronger content. They seem to do it the other way around. The weakest shit always gets the most expansion. Meaning bad stuff drags even worse than it was to begin with.

Doesn’t help that I hate nonessential fighting in anime.
    Last edited by Zephray; August 2nd, 2020 at 12:17 AM.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Great episode. I didn't think that I would like the episode this much knowing the content it was going to adapt. The Udon stuff was enjoyable. The art and animation was great. I won't mind if they are gonna expand Luffy's training like this. The Zoro scene was good too. I felt for Toko when she asked Zoro to stay with them. I also liked that Hiyori hesitated a bit before revealing her identity. Next week preview looks great too.

Love the new opening. Way better than the last one.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They even had the Roger vs Whitebeard clash. I'm so hyped for that

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Love the new opening. Way better than the last one.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They even had the Roger vs Whitebeard clash. I'm so hyped for that

Spoiler:

Me too, but also February next year is a long way away. Wano is going to drag heavily from here until the end of the year.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

So they keep Kawamatsu shadowed for now to avoid spoiling his appearance, but show Oden?

Oh well, kid Buggy is in, so I don't care about anything else.

Liked this episode a lot. The storyboarding was strong, and it always felt interesting to look at. Luffy's character acting was on point this week. As Skippy said, not as strong as the last two, but very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Fire View Post
    Can someone clarify - did we know that Sea Prism Stone bullets can be defelected by a Devil Fruit eater using Haki fists? I don't remember it has ever been shown before. I thought that DF eaters become weak just by touching Sea Prism Stone. Or the anime made a mistake in this episode?
    It seems odd but it makes sense, Law was weakened because he had the bullet inside of him so it was in-contact with his body.

Luffy is deflecting them so the contact is minimal, regardless of it negating his rubber body so long as the haki makes the bullet go elsewhere the weakening effect will only last for the moment that the bullet is in actual contact before it's own momentum takes it elsewhere.

Fairly decent episode and another good directorial debut. However, I have to point out the fact that the next episode preview from both last week and this week are more or less the same -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Fairly decent episode and another good directorial debut. However, I have to point out the fact that the next episode preview from both last week and this week are more or less the same -_-
    Exactly. I always watch the next episode preview before the episode it’s included in, so when I saw next week was what I expected this week to have, I knew we were in for a pacing shit show.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information