+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 569 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 11363

Thread: AVGN, Lindsay Ellis, Todd, Linkara, Fact Fiend, and other web review shows

Default Re: AVGN, Lindsay Ellis, Todd, Linkara, Fact Fiend, and other web review shows

It's kind of funny how back when they were still part of TGWTG/Channel Awesome, I never really paid much mind to Lindsay or Linkara, yet nowadays they're among the very few people from there whom I still watch. Well... Lindsay more than Linkara though. Linkara just doesn't actually cover that much material that personally interests me.

(I also still watch Suede's Pokémon reviews. Though he hasn't put out a new one in a good while from what I've seen...)

Default Re: AVGN, Lindsay Ellis, Todd, Linkara, Fact Fiend, and other web review shows

Linkara was that guy you would maybe consider watching if Spoony hadn't done something lately

I'm not a big fan of Linkara but he's the one that's stood the test of time as an actually good guy and his output is constant enough that he does topics I'm interested in ocassionally.

Other reviews I like more, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    (I also still watch Suede's Pokémon reviews. Though he hasn't put out a new one in a good while from what I've seen...)
    In his last update he said he was going through some emotion brain stuff (ADHD?) that was getting in the way of working and that was causing issues.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I used to follow Linkara (and most of the CA crew) pretty regularly 7-odd years ago. Nowadays I just check in on him now and again to see if he's reviewed anything I'm interested in.

His review style is fine, but not super engaging to me. And I don't know if it's him or just the comic medium, but I find his reviews of stories I'm not familiar with kind of hard to follow.

CW: harassment, sexual abuse, suicide.

Between Ubisoft's CEO Yves Guillemot and his extended family spending years protecting rapists and sexual abusers within the company and now this fucking horrifying news detailed in this video about what Activision Blizzard allowed in their "Frat Boy Culture" workplace, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the AAA videogame industry is well and truly rotten to the fucking core.
    NNID: TrowaAyanami
    3DS: 2964-8696-4030

Jim Stephanie is so, so tired in this video. Not putting on a character or performance at all with teh usual costume and makeup and music. Just... tired.

And rightly so.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Here's Linkara History Of Power Rangers Video of Power Rangers Beast Morphers

Also Linkara has release the schedule for upcoming episodes for August and Septemeber
    8/2 – Doom’s IV #1
    8/9 – PATREON: Batman/Elmer Fudd #1 and Catwoman/Sylvester & Tweety #1
    8/16 – Batman: Odyssey #4
    8/23 – PATREON: The Dresden Files, vol. 1: Storm Front
    8/30 – Late Night Double Feature: Found Footage Frankenstein Night
    9/6 – US-1 #10
    9/13 – Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters #6
    9/20 – DC Challenge! #3
    9/27 – Marvel Super Special #1: KISS (666th episode)

plus if his Patreon Goal has reach $3500 he will a History of Power Rangers-style retrospective on Spider-Man: The Animated series – five parts, one for each season

Kamen Rider OOOs

UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan

Linkara reviews 2 DC/Looney Tunes Crossovers Batman/Elmer Fudd and Catwoman/Sylvester&Tweety

Linkara reviews Batman Odyssey Issue 4

Plus we got a Completion of Linkara's Reviews of Tandy Computer Whiz Comics

Kamen Rider OOOs

An interesting look at Ralph Bakshi's career, with a particular emphasis on his incomplete version of LotR.

So, I hadn't realized that Film Theory/Game Theory had spun off into their third channel, FOOD Theory. Like, a year ago. But this video caught my attention.

you don't need to watch this entire video (it's 20 minutes long!) but basically, the order you stack toppings on your burger (and presumably sandwich) makes a huuuuuge difference, even if you're using the same ingredients on both.

I was skeptical. Stacking order making a difference for stability or sogginess makes sense, I've always had a preferred order mostly for holding toppings down, e but I tested it myself with the two topping orders that sounded like the best overall reactions, and I was *amazed* at how different they tasted. Something about which ingredient hits your tongue first, and separating specific flavors so they stay separate or blended tastes. It's crazy.

My experience
    Hidden:

The two orders I tried are
    GORDON RAMSEY
    Mayo (on bun)
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Mayo (just a bit more)
    Patty
    Cheese
    Pickles
    Onions
    Ketchup (on bun)
    SPONGEBOB
    Patty
    Lettuce
    Cheese
    Tomato
    Ketchup
    Mayo
    Pickles
    Onions

The Ramsey one tasted juicier and the veggies were a lot stronger, while the Spongebob the patty stood out the most, and the sandwich scrunched down better into a solid whole. It made a surprising difference! And apparently putting lettuce between the meet and the cheese helps the cheese to stand out more instead of just getting lost.

The Ramsey one wasn't supposed to have pickles, and you're also supposed to fry the onions and toast the bread, but for the base taste test comparison I (and the video) wanted to keep stuff the same. (I also left the onions off mine.)

The video had five different order combos like the Whopper, but I wasn't about to make and try five different burgers in one sitting. One of them they said just tasted like bread and I wasn't inclined to try it.

Linkara reviews US 1 Issue 10 and We got the Schedule for October

October 4th- The Ring Volume 1 Manga
    October 11th The Ring Volume 2 Manga
    October 18th American Ring Night
    October 25th Spiderman: Web Of Death
    plus Event Comics Month IV voting is going on AT4W Patreon untill This Sunday so go there to vote for Comic Book Events you like to see Linkara review on March 2022

Kamen Rider OOOs

I was not expecting to get choked up over a story about Abe's Odyssey of all things.

Wooo! SF Debris is FINALLY doing the Beast Wars episodes I donated for *FOUR YEARS* ago. Man that guy's backlog list is long.

I actually donated for a whole bunch of episodes including *most* of season three, and he's just doing the Agenda three parter this week, hopefully he does season three soon!

So the almighty algorithm threw this youtuber at me. He's ostensibly a fantasy novel reviewer, but he is a HUGE Wheel of Time fan, and he's doing a ton of videos about that in prep for the upcoming show.

But we have a Wheel of Time thread. What might interest folks here is that this complete fantasy novel fan, has also recently started... reading One Piece.

Back in April he was like "yeah, this is pretty good. Just get the digital copies though, its too long for anyone to get all of." And by September he has like the first 8 omnibuses prominently displayed on his shelf and has a Chopper hat and Luffy hat for doing videos. Its great to see. (He just got past the timeskip and Fishman Island.) I've watched a bunch of his videos the last few days, he's pretty entertaining!

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Make sure to check out Merphy Napier. She's almost in the exact same position as him and fell even harder for our favorite pirates.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Started watching his videos and, yeah, it really is fun to watch him steadily discover the world of One Piece and grow to love the characters, just as we all have. And the criticisms he does have towards the series are generally pretty fair.

Always great to have another one join the flock.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information