+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Default New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

One Piece Anime getting new Opening them by DA-iCE, the song title is "DREAMIN' ON", the new OP will start with Episode 935, on 02 Aug 2020! seems there is new scenes.

Here is the announcement on TV:

https://twitter.com/ARIMORIA/status/1283519811171975168

H
    Q

https://twitter.com/aassaakkaannaa/s...20430427406337
    Last edited by ScotchInformer; July 15th, 2020 at 03:46 PM.

Default Re: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Aww i love Over The Top tho, curious how this new one sounds

That seems really early considering there are some references in the OP that won't have been covered by that date in the anime.

I bet the hiatus screwed "Over the Top" over in that respect, though there's really only one scene that won't make it. Could be worse - at least it didn't get shafted like "Brand New World" did back in the day.

I listened to a few of Da-iCE's songs and I guess the closest comparison I can think of One Piece-wise is "Hard Knock Days". They don't get me terribly excited, but we'll see.

I will say this though on the subject of upcoming openings: if whoever's in charge of scouting out bands at Toei/Shueisha/Fuji TV/etc. doesn't get Wagakki Band in there before Wano is over, then they might as well just cancel the anime outright 'cause otherwise what's the point?
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The word "Dreamin" makes me think of a certain other One Piece opening.

Spoiler:

"Don't give it up, Luffy..."

New openings are always fun, though I'm actually a little bummed this time - Over the Top has legitimately become one of my favorite openings in the series, and I was kind of hoping it would last just a little bit longer. The new opening could still be good, though I seriously doubt it would match the energy the current one has.
    Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

It sounds decent but was kinda hard to get a good feel for with people talking over it.

Here's a clean preview from the band's website.

Sounds like the lovechild of "Hard Knock Days" and "Super Powers".
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

The song is pretty good. I like it more than hard knock days

Woah. This took me by surprise. I’ll really miss Over the Top, which is my second favorite theme. Weird that it’s getting replaced before all the scenes from it are shown, but this pretty clearly signals the start of the Covid production episodes.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

There's a good possibility that the opening was supposed to begin from episodes 945 instead of 935.

On the otherhand Over the Top may have been intended for much longer than that, but a new opening was needed to draw attention to the show after hiatus. Who knows.

Hopefully the animation will match Over the Top and we don't see a repeat of We Can! style animation.

EDIT: The end of the song sounds identical to the end of Hard Knock Days. This is the generic crap they love to throw in from the record label lol........ BRING BACK CLASSIC STYLE OPENING THEMES!

Man, I hope the visuals are as gorgeously drawn and dynamic as the first half of Over the Top. The video preview with the characters slide show and Luffy punching upward on the Sunny doesn’t have me optimistic about the visuals of this theme.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

I'm pretty sure the visuals used in the preview are just taken from earlier episodes, right? I wouldn't worry too much about that. I don't think they tend to show much, if any, of the visuals for new openings until the actual premiere.
    Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Man, I hope the visuals are as gorgeously drawn and dynamic as the first half of Over the Top. The video preview with the characters slide show and Luffy punching upward on the Sunny doesn’t have me optimistic about the visuals of this theme.
    Those are all from previous Wano episodes lol, not the actual opening
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

thinking about which animators will be involved is the most fun aspect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    There's a good possibility that the opening was supposed to begin from episodes 945 instead of 935.

On the otherhand Over the Top may have been intended for much longer than that, but a new opening was needed to draw attention to the show after hiatus. Who knows.

Hopefully the animation will match Over the Top and we don't see a repeat of We Can! style animation.

EDIT: The end of the song sounds identical to the end of Hard Knock Days. This is the generic crap they love to throw in from the record label lol........ BRING BACK CLASSIC STYLE OPENING THEMES!
    I make the addendum to this that bring back classic opening themes but DONT DO THE ANIMATION LIKE THOSE. Those are so BORING.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Those are all from previous Wano episodes lol, not the actual opening
    The part where they’re doing their fade-ins of characters, too? I don’t remember those. It looks like a classic “show the factions” fade-in that we typically see in the themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    The part where they’re doing their fade-ins of characters, too? I don’t remember those. It looks like a classic “show the factions” fade-in that we typically see in the themes.
    It's literally from Episode 911 yes

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information