+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Default Re: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Wow, I know Yamato doesn't keep the mask on for very long at all once he shows up but that's a super dead giveaway ain't it?
    Yeah, Anime watchers didn't get to theorize on Yamato's gender.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Wow, Ultiís legs manage to seem even longer in the anime:

https://i.ibb.co/tB6wQyV/C60-CCDA8-8...E7224-EF13.jpg
    okay her chest size really bothers me in the anime
    i know its toei but damn

Man, I hope Aoi Yuki voices Ulti.

Her boobs are not that big.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Once again, I'll never get why the openings see fit to spoil so many characters that Oda does such a good job surprising readers with. Just not my taste, especially when I watch weekly with my girlfriend, who doesn't read the manga. I love being able to see her live reactions to stuff, so we skip the openings.
    I mean, Volume Covers show off characters as well.
    #Vergoshotfirst #Doflaisapunk

Quote Originally Posted by ea77 View Post
    I mean, Volume Covers show off characters as well.
    That's a good point. I'm probably overreacting, but I do think it's been a more positive experience for me and my gf to skip it until we're beyond the spoilers.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I think it will last a little longer than that. I'm expecting this opening to go up to volume 100 at least.
    It has to change before then, even if it's just a variation of the current one. There's no way they'd avoid hyping the Worst Gen vs Yonko fight and that starts in volume 99

The only time the openings well and truly spoiled something was when they gave away that Robin was going to be with the crew way before Alabasta ended. (And they've learned that lesson.)

Most of the other stuff is only spoilery if you KNOW it's a spoiler, otherwise they come off as random action shots made up for the opening, like when the monster trio fought the admirals.

Without context a given shot usually doesn't mean much.

I guess it gave away that Kaidou was a dragon but that was suspected way in advance anyway and revealed pretty early into Wano.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    okay her chest size really bothers me in the anime
    i know its toei but damn
    At this point, Im used to Toei's actions. In fact, when compared to Record of Ragnarok's anime adaption, the boob sizes on One Piece characters are respectful in comparison. After what I saw on Record of Ragnarok, concerning a particular "Goddess of Love" concerning boob sizes, One Piece can be considered normal in comparison.

The only time the openings well and truly spoiled something was when they gave away that Robin was going to be with the crew way before Alabasta ended. (And they've learned that lesson.)

Most of the other stuff is only spoilery if you KNOW it's a spoiler, otherwise they come off as random action shots made up for the opening, like when the monster trio fought the admirals.

Without context a given shot usually doesn't mean much.

I guess it gave away that Kaidou was a dragon but that was suspected way in advance anyway and revealed pretty early into Wano.
    And Kyoshiro being Denjiro.

I mean, it was the climax of Act One and it was in the opening for a good like four months before it showed up in the show itself. I'd say Dragon Kaido does count as a fairly blatant spoiler...

...though yeah, not as bad as Kyoshiro being Denjiro. That literally spoiled manga-readers as even Oda had not properly revealed that yet at the time the anime started the arc.

Oh, and since you mentioned the Straw Hats fighting the Admirals in Wake Up, that sequence did also technically spoil Issho being an Admiral. Not that that was, um... terribly hard to guess, and iirc they revealed it like two chapters after we first met him, but that was technically still a minor spoiler.

Are we any closer to getting a new opening? it's been well over a year now....
    We need something new.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Are we any closer to getting a new opening? it's been well over a year now....
    We need something new.
    It should really be time by a while, but they seems to enjoy so much this opening (they did even put it into the mobile game Bounty Rush for a while, which actually never happened with any op before) I am afraid we're going to get a new We Go thing.

I hope we're going to get a new one when they're going to adapt the 1000th chapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

I think they thought Dreamin On would last the whole raid and are panicking for the next one

OP 24 - We Are but sung by Queen
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ーī)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

My dream is for the next opening to be performed by Mizuki Nana (for no other reason than me being a fan and that, I think with her being Hiyori, it would feel thematically appropriate) but unfortunately her being signed up with a different record label makes that *severely* unlikely, possibly just impossible...
    In which case I don't even care. They can keep dreamin' on for the rest of the arc for all I care!!! (Though yeah, timing-wise we really should be due for another opening. Though with the action ramping up I'm not sure I'd want multiple good animators to be occupied with the opening for however long it would take to animate it...)

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    OP 24 - We Are but sung by Queen
    And only showing Beasts Pirates enjoying their journey on a ship like SHs, with King cooking, Jack writing on a map, Page One fishing, etc

I am frickin' in.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

OVER THE TOP was cut short by roughly 2 months of episodes because of the hiatus, which probably meant DREAMIN' ON started started earlier than intended for the corresponding episodes. Thankfully the hiatus gave the anime more room to breathe if you know what I mean.

With all the teasers in DREAMIN' ON revealed in the episodes, the new opening is bound to hit by episode 1000 (contribute to the hype) or at least by the end of the year... they never really go beyond 60 episodes. We Go! was the exception which hit 72...

High chances to get New Opening with Episode 1000 !
    According to the new announcement, they mention "Don't miss the Opening and Preview/Trailer!!".

so...what are the odds it is hiroshi again?
    It's probably an established big name if it's not hiroshi, I want it to be utada hikaru so much.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    so...what are the odds it is hiroshi again?
    It's probably an established big name if it's not hiroshi, I want it to be utada hikaru so much.
    With Kitadani already having performed one opening for Wano, I feel like going to him again would be kind of... overkill? As for Utada Hikaru... Sadly not signed on with avex from what I can see. Same reason why my pipe dream of Mizuki Nana likely won't happen either. Though if they are to do a new opening for the thousandth episode, then I suppose that would be enough of a reason for them to maybe consider splurging a bit extra on a really huge name singer they normally wouldn't be able to work with. It's not like there's zero precedent, what with Film Z and Film Gold having their soundtracks distributed by Sony instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information