+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Default Re: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Crazy Rainbow Star was just so tonally deaf it was hilarious.

The most dramatic OP arc getting a slow ass chill opening. Kaze wo Sagashite was just as bad, but at least it had interesting visuals.

No opening was quality/span worse than We go. Heck, it was kinda funny at beginning but they dragged it until half Punk Hazard. Still seeing Rayleigh and Sentomaru before Caesar Clown was kinda disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

No opening was quality/span worse than We go. Heck, it was kinda funny at beginning but they dragged it until half Punk Hazard. Still seeing Rayleigh and Sentomaru before Caesar Clown was kinda disturbing.
    I hated that We Go didn't even feature Jinbe. While running during Fishman Island.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    I hated that We Go didn't even feature Jinbe. While running during Fishman Island.
    That was clearly only-Sabaody reunion opening and shouldn't have gone after them reaching FI. I mean, there was literally no link between the clip and the arc if not for a Hody smuggling face. I mean, it is clearly not the best of arcs, but had great visual and a bit of story aside Jinbe. They could've easily put a nice clip sliding Arlong pirates or Caribou, Neptune brothers or Noah and yet they kept showcasing Straw hats mimicrying fights like "ehy guys we're still the same crew, we know Luffy opening the jacket could make you think you're watching some random Sampei episode, but we're still here".
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Maybe they want to throw Yamato all over the next opening but don't want to give it away... and don't want to have him in disguise when that'll only be for one episode.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post

A literal crime. 15 episodes.
    Exactly.

Far worse than removing the tag on a mattress. Straight to jail.
    K-F|Jango

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Crazy Rainbow Star was just so tonally deaf it was hilarious.

The most dramatic OP arc getting a slow ass chill opening. Kaze wo Sagashite was just as bad, but at least it had interesting visuals.
    I totally get that the timing was horrible but by itself the opeing is one of my favourites. Its impossible for me to skip

New scenes in One Piece Opening 23!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

[HD] New version of Opening 23 - Episode 976

I've always been curious, if not for Covid I wonder if PayPay and Ulti would have still be designed with masks?

This was Denjiro's episode and it was beautiful. I didnt feel anything in the manga and the Anime nailed it even without Sakuga.

Wow, Ulti’s legs manage to seem even longer in the anime:

Once again, I'll never get why the openings see fit to spoil so many characters that Oda does such a good job surprising readers with. Just not my taste, especially when I watch weekly with my girlfriend, who doesn't read the manga. I love being able to see her live reactions to stuff, so we skip the openings.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Once again, I'll never get why the openings see fit to spoil so many characters that Oda does such a good job surprising readers with. Just not my taste, especially when I watch weekly with my girlfriend, who doesn't read the manga. I love being able to see her live reactions to stuff, so we skip the openings.
    Openings are meant to be more like advertisements for the series than anything else, regardless of spoilers. lol

Wow, I know Yamato doesn't keep the mask on for very long at all once he shows up but that's a super dead giveaway ain't it?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So they just went for the full spoiler about Marco and Izou's arrival and Yamato having a female body?

Spoiler:
    Almost surprised they didn't just put Zoro using Ashura or Kaido beheading Orochi in at this point

So the stuff they added covers the content of volume 97. The anime is finishing up volume 96 at the moment, so I guess we can expect a new opening in 10-12 episodes, however long it takes for Yamato's mask to come off.

That's where they'll spoil all the more recent stuff.
    Last edited by Sengokusgoat; May 30th, 2021 at 02:26 AM.

I think it will last a little longer than that. I'm expecting this opening to go up to volume 100 at least.

I'm surprised they held back on as much as they did.

These new scenes were barely 5 seconds long. Unless they plan to keep updating it, I thinking a new opening might come in August or October.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Wow, I know Yamato doesn't keep the mask on for very long at all once he shows up but that's a super dead giveaway ain't it?
    I guess it could be played off being a bishonen-type character, but yeah. I did find it funny they could have just kept the mask on in that scene and still decided to do a pretty much face reveal already.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I'm surprised they held back on as much as they did. Unless they plan to keep updating it, I thinking a new opening might come in August or October.
    Based on previous openings, we should probably be getting a new one around September-pretty much anywhere else by the end of the year. They probably wanted to at least update the visuals since ideally, a new opening would have been prepared for the beginning of the raid.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information