+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Default Re: New Opening Them "DREAMIN' ON" by DA-iCE (Start on 02 Aug).

Will this spoil everything like the previous opening, even for manga readers?

Just to be clear that preview video has the song but that is not the actual opening footage.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Will this spoil everything like the previous opening, even for manga readers?
    Probably.
    There'll be like six new crewmembers, Luffy will fall into the volcano and find out that the entire island is secretly Pluton, Chopper will be revealed as the traitor, Luffy's real dad finally shows up and the last 25 seconds will be Imu and Rocks break dancing in front of the One Piece.

Still no Gin though, sadly.

Thinks that will probably be blatantly spoiled:
    Spoiler:

Kawamatsu's appearance
    Big Mom-Kaido alliance
    A lot of Oden stuff
    The Tobi Roppo

Thinks that will probably be subtly spoiled if you pay attention:
    Spoiler:

Kanjuro
    Denjiro
    Yamato
    Killer

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Alternatively, we might end up with another “We Can”, which is mostly nonsense scenes of straw hats in fish men island clothes, and no spoilers, aside from a couple stills of important character.... but I’d prefer another “Over the Top” style opening.

I don’t know why everyone hates We Can when Hard Knock Days exists as the most milquetoast boring thing the timeskip openings have given us so far.

It will be interesting to see just how much upcoming content the opening shows. I don't know for how long anime openings are generally worked on, but in all likelihood the expectation was that the anime would be at least eight episodes ahead of where it is now, so I wouldn't be shocked if we see stuff that's much further out than usual, like post-chapter 974 further out, if only briefly, at the absolute farthest. Then they can course correct for opening 24.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I don’t know why everyone hates We Can when Hard Knock Days exists as the most milquetoast boring thing the timeskip openings have given us so far.
    That’s true, “We Can” is a better song than “Hard Knock Days”, but they have equally terrible animation

We can sucks because it isn't a worthy successor to We Are and We Go. Kishidan and Hiroshi Kitadani aren't a great combination. It's repetitive. The song takes 1:40 to kick in, and continues to be repetitive.

Then there's the animation (lousy, uses the same straw hat on sunny tropes and Nami's constant static open mouth is disturbing).

Hopefully none of that returns with this opening. It would be great is if they kept the episode preview sequence, it gives the opening more breathing room so they don't resort to filling it in with generic stuff.

Yeah but the preview window usually felt our of rhythm. That said the last song is visual catching due to the Wano story-centric theme and I hope they'll keep this. Watching Sunny days again would make me feel uncomfortable.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Good. I don't like this current opening song. Hoping this next one is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Alternatively, we might end up with another “We Can”, which is mostly nonsense scenes of straw hats in fish men island clothes, and no spoilers, aside from a couple stills of important character.... but I’d prefer another “Over the Top” style opening.
    I think we'll get both. There'll probably be a whole segment teasing the big war with Kaido and the Marines.

Some pictures from new Opening in official website.

https://twitter.com/OPcom_info/statu...00805582659585

So we already get a glimpse of final outfits and the flashback, nice!
    Prediction.
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Yeah, keep in mind that this opening was likely supposed to debut with the anime two months further along than it is now so showing chapter 974+ material shouldn't be a surprise. Should get our first look at some new character color schemes to boot!
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

At least if there's any bad animation or tired tropes the fancy post-productions filters and lighting will redeem it

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Yeah, keep in mind that this opening was likely supposed to debut with the anime two months further along than it is now so showing chapter 974+ material shouldn't be a surprise. Should get our first look at some new character color schemes to boot!
    Surely Oden's anime debut, but I can easily figure a single shot of Tobi Roppo.
    Prediction.

Discovered Stowaway

Maybe Y..... as a sneek peek too

Quote Originally Posted by papadight22 View Post
    Maybe Y..... as a sneek peek too
    Maybe a close-up of his mask
    Prediction.

I love how that post works on SO MANY LEVELS Y'ALL!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information