+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Volume 98 Predictions/Discussion

Default Volume 98 Predictions/Discussion

One Piece Volume 98 coming in Feb 4th 2021 !

Default Re: Volume 98 Predictions/Discussion

Remember the process video of the last volume cover? Oda drew a version with the Scabbards in the foreground and Luffy, Law & Kid in boxes in the background.

My bet is that we will get this cover this time, with the exception of Law & Kid being replaced by Momonosuke & Yamato. This is the volume where we really have the Scabbards facing off with Kaido, Momonsuke's declaration and, well, most of Yamato as of yet.

As title, I'd wager either "Remnants" or "The Dream of Wano".

Wow, exactly five months from Vol. 97. Here's hoping we actually get those Jinbe SBS details this time.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Is this the longest lapse between two volumes?
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Funny how that 2 weeks break delayed the volume by 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    Remember the process video of the last volume cover? Oda drew a version with the Scabbards in the foreground and Luffy, Law & Kid in boxes in the background.

My bet is that we will get this cover this time, with the exception of Law & Kid being replaced by Momonosuke & Yamato. This is the volume where we really have the Scabbards facing off with Kaido, Momonsuke's declaration and, well, most of Yamato as of yet.

As title, I'd wager either "Remnants" or "The Dream of Wano".
    Pretty much agree with the cover but concerning the title i would bet on "The Brocade of Loyal Retainers".

Five months between volumes, but somehow it feels so much longer. I still think it's only going to be 10 chapters and the big delay is just because of the two weeks off. Those kinds of delays tend to cascade. You finish the book two weeks later, but you can't print it two weeks later because your printer is scheduled to be making something else then, so you have to wait another week until they have an opening. Carry that on to distribution and a release date that doesn't clash with other things you want to release (mostly I think at this point would be nothing but Kimetsu wanting to go up against a new One Piece release) and you can easily see your two weeks off magnified exponentially.

I scribbled up my prediction for the cover a little bit after chapter 994 came out. Again, I'm not the best artist, but I think the design concept stands.

Spoiler:

Unless Oda decides to do the villains cover for this one, but I'd hate to see the Scabbards robbed of having their biggest moment represented.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

i'll humbly present "New Onigashima Project" and "I don't feel like losing" for cool volume names, but i do agree that probably "the brocade of royal retainers" will take it home.

earthy or red tones. scabbards on the cover, periodth.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Five months between volumes, but somehow it feels so much longer. I still think it's only going to be 10 chapters and the big delay is just because of the two weeks off. Those kinds of delays tend to cascade. You finish the book two weeks later, but you can't print it two weeks later because your printer is scheduled to be making something else then, so you have to wait another week until they have an opening. Carry that on to distribution and a release date that doesn't clash with other things you want to release (mostly I think at this point would be nothing but Kimetsu wanting to go up against a new One Piece release) and you can easily see your two weeks off magnified exponentially.

I scribbled up my prediction for the cover a little bit after chapter 994 came out. Again, I'm not the best artist, but I think the design concept stands.

Unless Oda decides to do the villains cover for this one, but I'd hate to see the Scabbards robbed of having their biggest moment represented.
    Pretty neat, it only lacks Momo.

It's hard to say how many chapters; 997 feels like the best end point, but Oda would never put 13 chapters in a volume. The most, I believe is 12 chapters in volumes 63 and 69.

'The Dream of Wano' seems like a fitting title. The whole raid is being framed as the hope / wish of the people of Wano celebrating the Fire Festival in the capitol. "Can you imagine the Kozuki Clan are fighting Orochi and Kaido as we speak?" The scabbards are fighting Kaido as they imagine, but likely will be ultimately defeated.

I think the cover will feature the nine scabbards. Not sure who else.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information